Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'd love to come along please if there is still space. Happy to drive anyone from N London/Herts area too.
    There isn't at the moment but there is a reserve list.
    Both the main list and reserve list below it are in Logistics thread.
    I'll add you to the reserve list when I get home in half an hour or so.
    There's likely to be (but not guaranteed) people who can't make it and have to pull out between now and Sept 2nd.
    When they do the reserve list people get a place in turn.
    I'll add you to the reserve list and when people from that list get a place I'll pm them to make sure they know.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27600
    I will ask @TTony to unlock the songs thread later tonight.
    All sounds good to me - I'll re-open the songs thread when you say the so.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Alnico said:
    I'd love to come along please if there is still space. Happy to drive anyone from N London/Herts area too.
    There isn't at the moment but there is a reserve list.
    Both the main list and reserve list below it are in Logistics thread.
    I'll add you to the reserve list when I get home in half an hour or so.
    There's likely to be (but not guaranteed) people who can't make it and have to pull out between now and Sept 2nd.
    When they do the reserve list people get a place in turn.
    I'll add you to the reserve list and when people from that list get a place I'll pm them to make sure they know.
    :)
    That's done for you now @HPhillipsmusic
    You're currently number 4 on the reserve list.
    As there isn't many of you, I'll PM all of you as, when and if the reserve list moves up.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    To me, it sounds like a great way to utilise the two rooms. If the second room is going to be mainly used for practice, set up, etc as you say, would it be a good idea for people who have tiny practice amps like THR's or Blackstar flys or similar to bring them along to sit in that room so that the main amps can be left in the main room? I appreciate this means even more gear about the place, so if it is a bad idea I'm happy to be shot down :)

Just a thought on a quiet Sunday. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:
    To me, it sounds like a great way to utilise the two rooms. If the second room is going to be mainly used for practice, set up, etc as you say, would it be a good idea for people who have tiny practice amps like THR's or Blackstar flys or similar to bring them along to sit in that room so that the main amps can be left in the main room? I appreciate this means even more gear about the place, so if it is a bad idea I'm happy to be shot down :)

If that happens I'm happy to bring my Marshall CODE 25.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I was in my local guitar shop yesterday picking up some strings and a new lead, and I had a look at one of those. Didn't realise how dinky they were, but bloody loud by all accounts. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27600
    Alnico said:
    I think you should bring it anyway @Alnico, mainly because I fancy having a look & listen.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    I have a THR that I'm happy to bring if needed.
    edited July 2017
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    I think you should bring it anyway @Alnico, mainly because I fancy having a look & listen.
    Consider it done.
    It gets really interesting balancing effects from the boss GT100 into the Marshall. 
    No problem. 
    If someone brings a CODE 50 it would make for a great comparison at volume too.
    There is a small chance I might have the second CODE 25 by then and running 2 in stereo so I will really want to hear that at volume and then even more so against a 50W.
    Anyone who's coming got a CODE 50?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Alnico said:
    Nikko said:

I've got a katana 50, Blackstar Core 10 and 20 and a Fly 3 can bring various combinations of the above though probably not all!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    I'll second that. I'm either going Code or Katana. I'll pop my Blackstar in the boot for a practice amp as well
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

So.....
    A home modelling amp shootout then?

Nice one guys.
    If we can film that with decent audio that will make an excellent YT video for tFB  ?
    @strumjoughlamps. ....can that be done, decent audio and video synced up?
    @digitalscream ?
    I think you two know something about this don't you ?

I can bring some decent backing tracks and play from my laptop into PA so we can get a good idea of sounds in a mix etc.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Alnico said:
    So.....
    A home modelling amp shootout then?

Nice one guys.
    If we can film that with decent audio that will make an excellent YT video for tFB  ?
    @strumjoughlamps. ....can that be done, decent audio and video synced up?
    @digitalscream ?
    I think you two know something about this don't you ?

I can bring some decent backing tracks and play from my laptop into PA so we can get a good idea of sounds in a mix etc.
    Sounds a great idea - does anyone who is coming have one of the new (or old) Fender Mustangs?

I guess there are also the Vox Valvetronix jobbies?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26625
    edited July 2017
    @Alnico - I don't know much about shooting videos, but I can probably help with editing if necessary.

If we're doing a home modelling amp shootout, I could bring my Jet City JCA50H along - a comparison with one of the cheapest of (practical) valve amps might prove enlightening...? Unfortunately, the input jack of my JCA22H is borked, so it can't be the *absolute* cheapest in the range.
    <space for hire>
    @Alnico - I don't know much about shooting videos, but I can probably help with editing if necessary.

If we're doing a home modelling amp shootout, I could bring my Jet City JCA50H along - a comparison with one of the cheapest of (practical) valve amps might prove enlightening...? Unfortunately, the input jack of my JCA22H is borked, so it can't be the *absolute* cheapest in the range.
    Cool,

It's the audio that's the issue.
    Shooting a nice quality video isn't difficult it's getting good audio to sync up with it.
    Recording on mobile phones is a waste of time really but it's all stuff I don't know a lot about..............except not to do it on a phone.

Your editing skills will be VERY gratefully received though!

Anyone know about this enough to give some practical advice so we can shoot maybe 10 - 20 minutes of an amp shootout with audio worth listening to?
  • no problem at all syncing up audio to video, tis dead easy if you get someone to do a visual and audible clap, or have the drummer hit the snare before you start.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    no problem at all syncing up audio to video, tis dead easy if you get someone to do a visual and audible clap, or have the drummer hit the snare before you start.

Hence the Clapperboard.

Anybody got one?

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• no problem at all syncing up audio to video, tis dead easy if you get someone to do a visual and audible clap, or have the drummer hit the snare before you start.

Hence the Clapperboard.

Anybody got one?

I have, won't need to bring it tho
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Actually iPhone 7 audio quality is excellent. The zoom recorders are also excellent - video and audio - I think @horse has one I'm sure he would bring if asked..
    no problem at all syncing up audio to video, tis dead easy if you get someone to do a visual and audible clap, or have the drummer hit the snare before you start.
    What's the best way to record the audio then?
    Am I right thinking we can tap a feed off the PA with a mic and mic up each amp properly?
    I'll have my laptop and the full version of Reaper with me?
    I can't use it yet, I just got it and I'm still a clueless newbie with Reaper but if you can drive it @digitalscream then go for it. I can learn as you do it maybe?
    Would that work? Hook my Laptop up into the PA in the small room?