N***** in a Woodpile.

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited July 2017
    Older person who probably inherited the phrase from parents as it was a very common phrase back in the early 19th century and widely used in many contexts.

Unusual term of phrase in modern society 2017.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Boromedic said:
    Chalky said:
    Boromedic said:
    Is that not the whole point.............??
    Chalky said:
    My understanding from my kids when they were teenagers was that the N word is only offensive when spoken by a white mouth. Black and Asian kids are allowed to use it freely.

You said "...the word you mention is actually horrendously offensive to a large number of people".

I was just pointing out that what you said is not quite true -the word itself is not actually what those "large number of people" find offensive.

Stop being a pedant, I said exactly the same later in my post............ and yes whilst its the meaning and history of the word that is most offensive the word itself is still actually offensive when said by a caucasian person to someone of African origin.

I'm not being a pedant.  I remember an interesting discussion around whether it was offensive for a white author to write the N word into a speech made by one of their black characters, or whether the white author should avoid the character's use of the word. Might have been Ben Aaronovitch and his Peter Grant books.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    capo4th said:
    Older person who probably inherited the phrase from parents as it was a very common phrase back in the early 19th century and widely used in many contexts.
    Just how old is she to have had parents from the 19th century?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    robgilmo said:
    I think people who ''let it slip'' like this should be punched in the face, full frontal, straight in the middle of the face, just for some public humility and a sore face, they would soon think twice after a few black eyes ,fat lips and dislodged noses. Sorry but ''suspended'' just isn't good enough, it wont stop them from thinking the way they do.
    Well I think you should be gangraped by a pack of woodlice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    holnrew said:
    Standard Tory
    What do you call it when you take the behavior of an individual and broadly assign it to other related individuals whether they are guilty of it or not?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Very skeptical it's even real. Is there a non-Fake news source for this?? Absolutely wouldn't put it past the HuffPo to maliciously edit audio to make it sound like the n word.

Literally the first I've ever heard of this phrase!
    LOL it if you like.... coz yeah, it's not like the media has EVER edited or lied at all...

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    holnrew said:
    Standard Tory
    What do you call it when you take the behavior of an individual and broadly assign it to other related individuals whether they are guilty of it or not?

Benefit cuts? Telling disabled people they are fit for work? Something like that?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    holnrew said:
    capo4th said:
    Not sure try Wikipedia.
    it was commonly in use many years ago which would seem to fit with her age profile
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:
    I think people who ''let it slip'' like this should be punched in the face, full frontal, straight in the middle of the face, just for some public humility and a sore face, they would soon think twice after a few black eyes ,fat lips and dislodged noses. Sorry but ''suspended'' just isn't good enough, it wont stop them from thinking the way they do.

And why should I be gangraped by a pack of woodlice pray tell?
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:

Because you're a fascist and an evil fucking cunt of a man. You want to stop people thinking the way they want, and that I cannot abide.

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/176/885/d8a.png
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    holnrew said:
    Standard Tory
    Shh I'm fret-whoring
    My V key is broken
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    robgilmo said:
    holnrew said:
    Standard Tory

Benefit cuts? Telling disabled people they are fit for work? Something like that?
    Eh? No, I was hoping for "bigotry" or "prejudice" or something like that. Holnrew using one racist idiot's shitness as a stick to beat the many, many non-racist associates of that person is pretty lame. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Holnrew likes to adventure from his rock on the odd occasion. 

He is very anti Tory but never really explains why.
    capo4th said:
    Holnrew likes to adventure from his rock on the odd occasion. 

He is very anti Tory but never really explains why.
    He doesn't really do explanation our Russell. He does feelings.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:

Because you're a fascist and an evil fucking cunt of a man. You want to stop people thinking the way they want, and that I cannot abide.

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!

Bit strong Drew, why jump to that conclusion?
    robgilmo said:
    holnrew said:
    Standard Tory

Eh? No, I was hoping for "bigotry" or "prejudice" or something like that. Holnrew using one racist idiot's shitness as a stick to beat the many, many non-racist associates of that person is pretty lame. 

Cant argue with that, if you are going to hate Torys you should hate them for what they do collectively, I think we can all agree on that (apply any group you hate instead of Torys).
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!

Ohhhhh I dunno.... maybe you came across a bit strong to me and I wanted to satirize how you were coming across in order to show you how ludicrous it is to throw around violent fantasies in regards to people you might have political disagreements with.

Or maybe I consider you a Saracen and wish to see you obliterated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!
    Ah, I see, you are a white supremacist? I had to Google that, or do you think you are some kind of Knight Templar? The ''crusades'' are long gone my friend, well, in the traditional sense of the term.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    robgilmo said:

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!

DEUS MUTHERFUCKING VULT!
    Ah, I see, you are a white supremacist? I had to Google that, or do you think you are some kind of Knight Templar? The ''crusades'' are long gone my friend, well, in the traditional sense of the term.

LOL!!!! Excellent research there!! BRAVO!! ENCORE! ENCORE!

https://scontent.fltn1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18620890_10154559550285777_7728468780207493290_o.jpg?oh=905dc0740105efe915f951f5274b5f9b&oe=59C3A922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    capo4th said:
    holnrew said:
    capo4th said:
    Not sure try Wikipedia.
    it was commonly in use many years ago which would seem to fit with her age profile
    She's 60, I doubt very much her parents were around in the early 19th century, unless they where 150-160 years old when she was born ;)