Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    fandango said:
    slacker said:
    slacker said:
    Well you dont need lessons from me. 
    My original reply was self deprecating.. those who know me will confirm that I don't do bigging myself up in any way shape or form..

;)
    You're a bassist now, loud and proud and slide out of mistakes. 
    Nearly all my playing is slide.... :D
    Slide into obscurity?  ;)
    Would sum up my music career to date
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I'm doing song sheets to help me learn the songs I'm going to be playing on. Be mean not to share them so here's todays offering. Fortunate Son..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v69y04sryhzvnj/Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son.pdf?dl=0

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    hywelg said:
    I'm doing song sheets to help me learn the songs I'm going to be playing on. Be mean not to share them so here's todays offering. Fortunate Son..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v69y04sryhzvnj/Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son.pdf?dl=0

Typo in the instrumental break - you've marked the D & A strings where you mean the G & D strings:

G7no3rd: x x 12 10 x x
    Gdim7no3rd: x x 11 9 x x 
    Gsus: x x 7 5 x x
    G: x x 9 7 x x

Listening to it I thought it was played on the B & G strings thus:

G7no3rd: xxx76x
    Gdim7no3rd: xxx65x
    Gsus: xxx21x
    G: xxx00x

Also, I had the intro in 6ths (where your version has 3rds):

G: xxx(/)4x3
    F: xxx(/)2x1
    C: xx(/)5x5x
    G: xx(3/)5x3x
    Did you mean to put the lower notes in the first two bars of your version of the intro on the D string not the G string? Then your version would be more similar to what I heard, just starting on strings 2 & 4 rather than my version's strings 1 & 3
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Yes you're right about  the guitar break being on the wrong strings. Corrected that but i do think the  final G is xxx43x.

And yes the Intro is 6ths. Corrected that too.

Thanks
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @Alnico ;

Sorry for being absent, I'll take rhythm duties if theyre still open on Alright Now and Sunshine Of Your Love. If not I'll step into whatever's vacant.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Alnico ;

Sorry for being absent, I'll take rhythm duties if theyre still open on Alright Now and Sunshine Of Your Love. If not I'll step into whatever's vacant.
    Don't worry man that's cool.

I thought your absence on whatsapp was out of character but I know you've had a 'journey' with personal issues so gave you some space until I heard from you.

I'm looking forward to trying to find a way of hiding £20 somewhere in Nikko's car on the way up !

I'm sure those songs will be fine.
    Thanks for letting us know. 
    @TTony is very kindly updating the spreadsheet so we can plan the running order from it and have printouts on the day to refer to.

Glad to see you back man.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    @TTony - nice spreadsheet!  I am down for rhythm on S.O.Y.L but I would like to have a go at the solo if possible.  Hopefully we can figure out something, sharing parts or something.
    Cheers,
    aord43 said:
    @TTony - nice spreadsheet!  I am down for rhythm on S.O.Y.L but I would like to have a go at the solo if possible.  Hopefully we can figure out something, sharing parts or something.
    Cheers,
    If you're still coming to my place tomorrow I can have you playing the solo by the end of the day.
    Then you've got 4 weeks to polish it up. 

I'm sure you'll nail it once I show you how.
    No problem. 
    ;)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27553
    We're still a bit short on the vocalling.

Any offers?

I'll step in to bass duties for Midnight Hour and Mustang Sally (both seem pretty straightforward), just to fill a couple of the gaps.  I'm not going to try Cupids Dead though, so any volunteers for that?

Still a few attendees who've not signed up for anything yet.

It's 100% fine if you're not planning on playing on the day - but please let us know so we can get the organisation done (ie how many repetitions of each song, who's playing what on which repetition, etc).

@ChrisMusic
    @Ennspek
    @Handsome_Chris
    @Pablo
    @Roland
    @spark240
    @TheOtherDennis
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    @Alinico I'll catch up with you on Whatsapp later but it's all good though. We should make it a £50 though :grin:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Alinico I'll catch up with you on Whatsapp later but it's all good though. We should make it a £50 though :grin:
    No problem man.
    Remember we've got both journeys to do that.
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8711
    @TTony I think I'll be more useful tuning and setting up guitars. I get to play at least once a week, and thought I'd leave this for people who don't have that opportunity. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Alnico said:
    No problem man.
    Remember we've got both journeys to do that.
    ;)
    I fancy telling Nick some horror stories too lol

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    Roland said:
    @TTony I think I'll be more useful tuning and setting up guitars. I get to play at least once a week, and thought I'd leave this for people who don't have that opportunity. 
    Roland,
    I had a similar sentiment which is why I'm kind of floating. 
    I won't do that all day, it'd be nice to be needed in other ways but I'd be happy to help you with that if I can. 
    Looking forward to seeing you too.
    It's been 18 months since my last guitar show.

That goes for all of you.
    It's been a long hard slog getting through all this medical crap and I've missed seeing a lot of you.

Right.
    Let's get this back on topic as it's the song thread and much more of this kind of chat and @Bridgehouse will be along to clip me round the ear again.

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I'm all for a good horror story :) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Alnico said:
    aord43 said:
    Cheers,
    If you're still coming to my place tomorrow I can have you playing the solo by the end of the day.
    Then you've got 4 weeks to polish it up. 

I'm sure you'll nail it once I show you how.
    No problem. 
    ;)
    Ha, well we'll see!  I have got about 3/4 through it myself but I won't say it's great.
    Nikko said:
    I'm all for a good horror story :) 
    You're on!

:)

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @TTony I was planning on just lurking in the workshops. Unless there is something that is missing a guitarist because it's sooooo easy to play nobody else can be bothered!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27553
    edited August 2017
    Here's the latest runners & riders ...

Still a few people to say what they fancy playing - or if they're not planning on playing.  Not playing anything is fine, just let us know for planning the day, *please* !!
    @chrismusic
    @handsome_chris
    @pablo
    @spark240

@stevie_the_spy - realise that you're a recent addition to the attendee list - do you want to put your name down for any of the songs?

Plus, we need a bassist for Cupid's Dead, otherwise that one's going to be tricky to play

And finally, VOCALISTS ... there are quite a few gaps on the vocals, so volunteering vocalists very much wanted.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2240
    TTony said:
    Here's the latest runners & riders ...

Still a few people to say what they fancy playing - or if they're not planning on playing.  Not playing anything is fine, just let us know for planning the day, *please* !!
    @chrismusic
    @handsome_chris
    @pablo
    @spark240

@stevie_the_spy - realise that you're a recent addition to the attendee list - do you want to put your name down for any of the songs?

Plus, we need a bassist for Cupid's Dead, otherwise that one's going to be tricky to play

And finally, VOCALISTS ... there are quite a few gaps on the vocals, so volunteering vocalists very much wanted.
    I'm quite happy to drop out of Midnight Hour and Mustang Sally. 
    Bass wise I'm happy to drop out of Plug in Baby and Shake a Tail Feather. 

So if anyone wants those. Please be my guest and let @TTony ; know.