Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Do we not have anyone willing to have a go at the bass for Cupid's Dead?

Bueller? Bueller?
    Not at the moment.

I'll have a listen and see if it is a goer - my problem at the moment is time to spend learning anything to a half decent standard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

TimmyO said:
    Oi oi. 

Guitar slots look filled up but I used to sing lead vocal too so anything that doesn't have a vocal I can take on.

Presume these are all in original recorded key? 

@Bridgehouse look /\ a willing vocalist.

@TimmyO  
    Spotted ;)

I shall update tonight if there are no more willing volunteers :)
  • If @TimmyO  wants to sing at least one rendition of the songs I'm repeating then I'd be able to concentrate better on doing the guitar playing justice! I've offered on the other thread to sing a couple of others though

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    The organisation of this is immense, great work guys!
    Is someone going to do some filming and post it up here for those of us that can't make it?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    BigMonka said:
    Is someone going to do some filming and post it up here for those of us that can't make it?
    Yes.
    To reiterate that point though we will only film with permission and not everyone wants that. 
    We've fully understood this issue already so no one who's going needs to worry about that. 

To answer the question here, yes, we're hoping there'll be some good footage to post here afterwards for those who couldn't go from those who wanted to or didn't mind being filmed.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    BigMonka said:
    Some filming yes, but not everything, and only if agreed by everyone playing at the time. The idea was to give some guys good experience of playing in a band, and they're nervous enough...so also have a camera pointing at them can add to that pressure.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited August 2017
    .......and thank you.
    The majority of the organisation and skill is down to @Bridgehouse ;;

Without involvement from @TTony we wouldn't have such a Streamlined song list and we're also very grateful to @horse and @octatonic for being the soldiers for us on the day and propping all this up and to @bigjon and @digitalscream for offering the workshop classes.
    What started as a spark of an idea has grown naturally based on interest and enthusiasm and that's the best way for any project to develop. 

I think on the day we'll have a lot to be proud of as a community. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680

Bueller? Bueller?
    I could do bass for Cupid's Dead and I won't be doing the workshops at the time because you'll be co-leading the workshops with me! I think it was marked as N/A rather than left blank because you had said you fancied including the bass sound from your guitar-playing via electronic trickery, Royal Blood style. If that option no longer appeals, stick me down for bass on that.

When it has been decided when the workshops are going to run, I will be able to volunteer vocals on those songs which are currently vocal-less and which do not clash with the workshops.

@digitalscream @Bridgehouse ;
    bigjon said:

Bueller? Bueller?
    I could do bass for Cupid's Dead and I won't be doing the workshops at the time because you'll be co-leading the workshops with me! I think it was marked as N/A rather than left blank because you had said you fancied including the bass sound from your guitar-playing via electronic trickery, Royal Blood style. If that option no longer appeals, stick me down for bass on that.

When it has been decided when the workshops are going to run, I will be able to volunteer vocals on those songs which are currently vocal-less and which do not clash with the workshops.

You have a choice actually @bigjon ;

You could either wait till the song list is finalised and then pick a time you aren't playing/singing to run them, or you could run them at 17.45 during the last bit of the day. Or, of course, a combination of both!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26584
    bigjon said:

Bueller? Bueller?

Ah, I see - well, the trickery option doesn't look too good at the moment, so your help in providing the rumbles would be much appreciated :)
    <space for hire>
    I will do a general update tonight and allocate out some more vocals, fill the bass slot and tidy up. We should have enough volunteers to fill the gaps.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Blimey, @octatonic is going to have to take his food and water intravenously on the day...

...and maybe have a little bucket behind him for comfort breaks :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:

Blimey, @octatonic is going to have to take his food and water intravenously on the day...

...and maybe have a little bucket behind him for comfort breaks :)

I'm secretly hoping someone else fancies a couple of drumming outings to give him a proper break...
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    You have a choice actually bigjon 

You could either wait till the song list is finalised and then pick a time you aren't playing/singing to run them, or you could run them at 17.45 during the last bit of the day. Or, of course, a combination of both!
    Just to emphasise, I will play whatever wherever whenever I'm asked, so I don't view this choice as final. However, my personal strong preference would be for the 17.45 option, so as not to pull people way from the performances and so as to maximise the audience of encouragers and supporters for the players to have their moments of glory in the spotlight.
    bigjon said:
    You have a choice actually bigjon 

Just to emphasise, I will play whatever wherever whenever I'm asked, so I don't view this choice as final. However, my personal strong preference would be for the 17.45 option, so as not to pull people way from the performances and so as to maximise the audience of encouragers and supporters for the players to have their moments of glory in the spotlight.
    Not a problem. I will pencil that in for now.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    edited August 2017
    Nikko said:

...and maybe have a little bucket behind him for comfort breaks

I play about the much most days- don't worry I'll be fine.
    I'm not a heavy hitter so I don't tire that easily.

#famouslastwords
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    First post in this thread now updated with the V1 Running Order:

I'll sing Midnight Hour and All Right Now
    Red ones are better. 
    Updated List - also updated at start of thread.

Bass now all accounted for.

Vocals accounted for - but we have a big ask for @bigjon - if anyone else would like to ease the burden on him and take a few onboard then please do let me know. 

Ta!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    edited August 2017
    Bass now all accounted for.

Vocals accounted for - but we have a big ask for @bigjon - if anyone else would like to ease the burden on him and take a few onboard then please do let me know. 

Ta!
    Hi @Bridgehouse as offered in the other thread at one point I don't mind doing one or two more vocals.

Not promising I can sing mind you, but I'm going to be hanging around the stage cheering the team on as much as possible so happy to get involved

Nervously anticipating the day
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...