What bands are you going to go and see soon eh?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    McToot said:
    Little Mix. Tonight at the South of England showground.  

:s 

I will be taking noise cancelling earphones and my hard rock Spotify playlist and enough beer money to get utterly blatted.  
    I'd unironically really enjoy seeing them. Wouldn't go out of my way though.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.09.17 Australian Pink Floyd and I just can't wait.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Australian Pink Floyd too, on the 30th (I think).
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    viz said:
    axisus said:
    Hmmnnn .... Might go and see Ritchie Kotzen in London on Friday. Off to see my fave band Pendragon in ...... October I think?
    Oooh do - I just missed out on some free tickets to Friday
    I heard from mates that attended last weekend's gig that the gig was odd and unusually for Kotzen, not great - Kotzen changed the set as he said he was ill. His voice was shot and other people assisted him on vocals and there were a lot of instrumental fillers and he even took to the keyboard for a long time, plus he threw a very public wobbly at the soundman.
    Sounds odd for RK
  • Nearly Dan, Friday 8th.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Nearly Dan, Friday 8th.
    I've seen them 3 or 4 times, but not recently - very very good.  It will be especially poignant with Walter now gone.

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Wolfsbane in December (hopefully)
  • Snap said:
    So far

Gary Numan
    Royal Blood
    QOTSA
    Marilyn Manson

NIN is the one I am looking out for, but probably next year I think. Might go to a few.

Also heard Rammstein are touring in the near future, now they are superb live. Hope the rumour is true

Will NIN be touring in the UK? I've always wanted to see them. 
  • QOTSA - Edinburgh, November 
    Steven Wilson, RAH, next March 

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    viz said:
    Going to watch my favourite 80's guitarist Nik Kershaw, week after next - really looking forward to it!

What have you got on the horizon? *

(* Assuming there is a horizon)
    Good stuff coming up by all accounts.

The Kersh was great, and old Chesney Hawkes turned up for a duo of 'I am the one and only'. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Not my choice but im being dragged along to Drake White at the Borderline next month
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am going to see a bad called the Merlocs in Manchester mid week - I've never heard them, a mate in Manchester who goes to watch every band that passes through the city has a spare ticket so why not?

Unless some one here can tell me why not lol
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited September 2017
    I've got a few coming:

War on Drugs
    Deep Purple/Europe
    Fish for two nights on the trot in London

Tempted by Gov't Mule/KWS at the end of Oct and just bought early bird Ramblin Man VIP - surely must be Def Leppard headlining with 30yrs of Hysteria. You heard it here first - or not if you've heard it elsewhere :-)

.....and no, I don't mean that their headline set would last for 30yrs, with Hysteria on constant loop
  • Nick Cave next week followed by Brother Strut then Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  The only fly in the ointment is that I'm taking my daughter to see Dua Lipa in the middle of that fine run.
  • ibisibis Frets: 8
    Roachford
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Syd Arthur and The Damned
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Looks like I'm going to HRH Prog, so I'll get to see @Clarky in his day job (among a bunch of other bands).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    mike_l said:
    Looks like I'm going to HRH Prog, so I'll get to see @Clarky in his day job (among a bunch of other bands).
    I do hope I have a good day in the office.. lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    I do hope I have a good day in the office.. lol..

I'm sure only a complete knob will notice one or two fluffed notes. I think the only fluffed notes I've ever noticed were 2 by Dave Murray in the first Powerslave solo when I saw Maiden in May. Other than that only mistakes I've made when playing.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Aussie Floyd at Bham
    Lady Gaga

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.