What bands are you going to go and see soon eh?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Kebabkid That sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited March 2018
    Bit of an "after the event" but saw Jo Bo on Friday at the Motorpoint arena - to say I was blown away is an understatement...I like Joe but don't consider myself a huge fan, but boy oh boy he can play and the band were immense - tight as a gnat's chuff and JB's tone was something else - I was slightly disappointed pre-gig that he was no longer using the Marshall/Carol-Ann set up but those tweed's he uses now did not disappoint!!

Gear-wise he used a couple of '59 LP's, his Blonde Tele with a HB in the Neck, the Sunburst 50's Strat and the surprise of the night was the Firebird - not the guitar, but the way it cut through much more than anything else - even to the point that my wife commented on it - it was night and day with the LP's.

A varying set of stuff off the last few albums + a preview of some stuff for a Sept release album - all top notch stuff.

I know ticket prices have soared and seen a few complaining, but it was sold out and for me, I think the 2 1/2 hour set he played and the gear you got to see and hear being played within an inch of its life was worth the admission price - IMO (all the JoBo criticisms aside re merchandise etc)

Many will disagree, but I think he's great, a complete professional, a wonderful player and is playing some part in keeping the older stuff alive (including some of the audience haha) - he may be a little cliche with his licks - Johnsonisms, Claptonisms, Kingisms etc etc but nobody moaned at them when they were copping the same licks from their peers all those years ago. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4784
    Steven Wilson - next Wednesday, Cardiff.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    I'm going to see Robyn Hitchcock in Cambridge in May.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4533
    'Britrock Must be Destroyed' (Terrorvision/Wildhearts/Reef) in May, plus the annual pilgrimage to a field in Leicestershire in June.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Glen Tilbrook and Flight Of The Conchords.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Wussy in May.
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Marillion in April for me.