What bands are you going to go and see soon eh?

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited September 2017
    Gassage said:
    Aussie Floyd at Bham
    Lady Gaga

Condolences, I've seen the Aussie Floyd, they were terrible. 
    <insert tongue in cheek emoji here>

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sleaford Mods and Placebo are currently the only bands I have lined up.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    mike_l said:
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    Looks like I'm going to HRH Prog, so I'll get to see @Clarky in his day job (among a bunch of other bands).
    I do hope I have a good day in the office.. lol..

I'm sure only a complete knob will notice one or two fluffed notes. I think the only fluffed notes I've ever noticed were 2 by Dave Murray in the first Powerslave solo when I saw Maiden in May. Other than that only mistakes I've made when playing.
    I dunno.. I did manage to drop a bomb of a G# into a solo in Em at an open-air festival in Germany.. lol..
    essentially, I aimed for a G... and missed.. lmao
    play every note as if it were your first
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited September 2017
    @Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    Looks like I'm going to HRH Prog, so I'll get to see @Clarky in his day job (among a bunch of other bands).

I'm sure only a complete knob will notice one or two fluffed notes. I think the only fluffed notes I've ever noticed were 2 by Dave Murray in the first Powerslave solo when I saw Maiden in May. Other than that only mistakes I've made when playing.
    I dunno.. I did manage to drop a bomb of a G# into a solo in Em at an open-air festival in Germany.. lol..
    Wrong key I know, but:

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:

Dude, that's what Floyds are for, wrong note? Divebomb.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    mike_l said:
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:

Dude, that's what Floyds are for, wrong note? Divebomb.
    dive-bomb is plan B.. I resorted to plan A.. shred your way out of trouble.. lmao
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Snap said:
    So far

Gary Numan
    Royal Blood
    QOTSA
    Marilyn Manson

NIN is the one I am looking out for, but probably next year I think. Might go to a few.

Also heard Rammstein are touring in the near future, now they are superb live. Hope the rumour is true

Will NIN be touring in the UK? I've always wanted to see them. 
    Rumoured to be next year. They've been playing a few festival type shows this year in the US, Keep a look out, they are superb live. Seriously top notch. His band are all multi instrumentalists, and usually they do a phenomenal light show too.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5425
    Low middle of October
    Steely Dan end of October :/
    after that nothing until Toto next April.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Triple threat package: Annihilator/Testament/Death Angel \m/

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    LCD SOUNDSYSTEM ON SATURDAY

Just a little excited...
    Stop crying, start buying
    DLM said:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c9d68068006bd42932a98b13873e8bdc/tumblr_mqqho9VB621s4rthoo1_500.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    A slightly different slant on the post theme - Guy Pratt of Pink Floyd doing stand up with his Inglorious Bassterds tour.

EDIT: He was hilarious -

DLM said:

I saw Annihilator a few years ago, seriously good. Jeff Waters is one of the most underrated guitarists around, I have no idea why.

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Greg Howe at Ronnie's in November :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Nils Frahm at the Corn Exchange, Cambridge, is my next gig, but that's not until February.
    Sadly, very few decent bands play my neck of the woods any more, and being ill pretty much rules out slogging it to London.
    Plus I've absolutely had it with people talking all the way through gigs. It ruins the moment completely for me and I'd rather just not go. Well done people, you've won. I hope you're proud.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    mike_l said:
    DLM said:

I saw Annihilator a few years ago, seriously good. Jeff Waters is one of the most underrated guitarists around, I have no idea why.

@mike_l I fear it might have something to do with his personality, which may also have had something to do with bitterness over never really making it as big as other thrash bands of that era. :(
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Saw LCD Soundsystem on Saturday

Absolutely stellar
    Stop crying, start buying
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585

Got an interesting mixed bag of upcoming gigs ... I'm not sure there's a theme:

Hoosiers
    Cradle of Filth
    Joanne Shaw Taylor

Looking forward to them all for very different reasons :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    Nils Frahm at the Corn Exchange, Cambridge, is my next gig, but that's not until February.
    Sadly, very few decent bands play my neck of the woods any more, and being ill pretty much rules out slogging it to London.
    Plus I've absolutely had it with people talking all the way through gigs. It ruins the moment completely for me and I'd rather just not go. Well done people, you've won. I hope you're proud.
                  They pay to see a live band and have a good old natter rather than take in the whole experience and they don't even shut it when there is a quiet part . Example - Glenn Hughes happens to have a bit of a voice , so he sings on his own without the  band - amazing to hear .....Apart from the ignorant people carrying on chatting  , thanks for that .
       They should stick to pubs because they don't appreciate live music .
          But they don't wind me up at all !
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    mike_l said:
    DLM said:

From what I hear it's pretty  unsurprising. 
     Alice in hell is still incredible though.

I'm.notbsure I'd want to see Death Angel again.