Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Trek Discovery

What's Hot

Comments

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3038
    edited November 2021
    A tech-savvy friend has found me a way to watch it, so will try to watch it tonight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Enterprise has the WORST theme music ever.....
    I find your lack of faith of the heart disturbing!
    Yes..  But no ones gonna bend or break me..
  • Well I've seen E1 S4... yes, it's pretty good, . can't really say more in case of spoilers, a shame we can't all be discussing and viewing it at the same time. Go find it on torrent sites, no point waiting months to see it 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27182
    edited November 2021
    Christ. 5 minutes into e1 and I'm reminded how last season was about how a hundred-year crisis was due to feelings (i'd obviously blocked it from my memory), and how the show is just generic quippy sci-fi in Trek cosplay. I don't think I can be arsed.

Le sigh
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited November 2021

Disney - are Disney and have a very strong content library, will be fine.

If you have kids this is true, not otherwise, other than Mandalorian and Walking Dead I never watch it. Seriously thinking about ditching it.

So will Disco be on Sky then ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    Jalapeno said:

If you have kids this is true, not otherwise, other than Mandalorian and Walking Dead I never watch it. Seriously thinking about ditching it.

No.

Paramount have said it will be exclusive to Paramount+ when that launches in the rest of the world.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3038
    edited November 2021
    Christ. 5 minutes into e1 and I'm reminded how last season was about how a hundred-year crisis was due to feelings (i'd obviously blocked it from my memory), and how the show is just generic quippy sci-fi in Trek cosplay. I don't think I can be arsed.

Le sigh
    Yeah, for sure, but it got better after the initial goody goody stuff, I thought, more of a traditional Star Trek mission episode with some character assessment......  I do wish there were more nasty unlikeable characters
  • Jalapeno said:

As a Star Wars Nut, I'd have to say Bad Batch and The Last Series of the Clone Wars are better than any of the later films and some of the prequels. 

Disney owns Marvel now - so I can watch Guardians, Iron Man, as well as a load of Wes Anderson films, Solar Opposites (if you like Rick and Morty), Firefly,  Simpsons 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11863
    Jalapeno said:

No.

Paramount have said it will be exclusive to Paramount+ when that launches in the rest of the world.
    But if you are a Sky Cinema subscriber you will get it for nothing - so it's a good tie-up for Sky.

No such luck for Now TV movie pass holders though.

The rest of us will likely be looking at another subscription - I'd guess £6.99 a month.

Free trial... binge season 4... cancel :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Jalapeno said:

No.

But if you are a Sky Cinema subscriber you will get it for nothing - so it's a good tie-up for Sky.

The rest of us will likely be looking at another subscription - I'd guess £6.99 a month.

When though? It could be months away. A long time to avoid spoilers. 

Jalapeno said:

No.

When though? It could be months away. A long time to avoid spoilers. 

I agree 100% that pulling it off Netflix was a total dick move.

I'd suspect if it hasn't been announced yet, don't expect a P+ launch until April in the UK.

I'm also fairly certain that there just won't be enough demand for CBS/Paramount content to keep it going - a merger with Peacock or HBO Max seems certain.

I can sorta understand people going "off to the pirate bay" - but personally, I won't be doing that.
  • Jalapeno said:

As a Star Wars Nut, I'd have to say Bad Batch and The Last Series of the Clone Wars are better than any of the later films and some of the prequels. 

Disney owns Marvel now - so I can watch Guardians, Iron Man, as well as a load of Wes Anderson films, Solar Opposites (if you like Rick and Morty), Firefly,  Simpsons 

There are a few decent films on Disney too, and I think Family Guy is on there as well...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Jalapeno said:

There are a few decent films on Disney too, and I think Family Guy is on there as well...
    It is, as is the X-Files, a LOT of the old Fox content.

In the UK at least (in the US you have Hulu to complicate things) Disney + gets all the 20th century fox stuff under the "Star" brand.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Seeing as I only watched seasons 2 and 3 for something to hate-watch there's no way I'll be signing up for Paramount+
    Will be a shame to miss the Cpt Pike series though - that at least has personable lead character.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5793
    Popped over the US quickly to catch ep 1. 

Bloody fabulous, 100% Trek. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    tFB Trader
    I had mixed feelings about it.. I guess cos they are changing the format a bit it will take a few episodes to get going.. Parts of it I liked and parts of it I didnt.. Also not sure about Captain Burnham... Its like shes too close to her crew and they are all being too over friendly for a federation crew and their captain.. Cant quite explain that..  But it was generally good I think. Wont say any more to avoid spoilers.
    edited November 2021
    Just seen on the FB official trek - UK viewers will be able to watch it on the Pluto app from Friday.

As it happens I have an account already for the Olympics but I don't know what it costs for others.

It says "Free" on the press release at 9pm. Sounds to me that it will be a once only job - like live TV rather than streaming options at will.
    The information is pretty ambiguous at best. My take is a free viewing at 9pm of the new episode on Friday, Saturday and Sunday each week. If that’s right, three chances to see each one is decent enough. I guess Paramount will just hope everyone forgets how badly they dealt with it first off??
    Could be.

They should never have pulled it from Netflix outside of the USA while Paramount+ wasn't ready, and even if it was, at such short notice was just dumb.

And I bet they get estimates of the piracy and are trying to avoid it all being everywhere for free.
    Could be.

They should never have pulled it from Netflix outside of the USA while Paramount+ wasn't ready, and even if it was, at such short notice was just dumb.

And I bet they get estimates of the piracy and are trying to avoid it all being everywhere for free.
    That was exactly my thinking. They’ve looked around at all the social media chatter and have seen how many people are realising you can go to a website and watch it free at any time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom