Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Chapman Guitars at NAMM

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31634
    wizbit81 said:
    Budgie that was mild. Absolutely ridiculous situation. 
    Plectrum old chap, I read the first 6 pages and then the last two before making my comment, I also just scanned another couple in the middle and still haven't seen so if you already know and could spare a min to reiterate it would be appreciated. I'm not going to read line by line 13 pages of comments hunting for it.
    Well as Plectrum pointed out, it looks like it's the Sims workshop. Mind you, that's only been uncovered by detective work, so your point still stands. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    Budgie that was mild. Absolutely ridiculous situation. 
    Plectrum old chap, I read the first 6 pages and then the last two before making my comment, I also just scanned another couple in the middle and still haven't seen so if you already know and could spare a min to reiterate it would be appreciated. I'm not going to read line by line 13 pages of comments hunting for it.

The guitar was designed by Jonny Jaffa from Belfast.  He's an architect and product designer i.e. he designs lights and tables.. 

www.jonnyjaffa.com

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2329

Seems the Chapman crew have been busy, and now they are moving to bigger outlets in the USA - Guitar Centre.

I wonder if they will still support the smaller stores like they did before? I presume so.

Strange how the USA prices, although tax needs to be added, seem to be (on the face of it) cheaper than UK prices....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    edited March 2018

Seems the Chapman crew have been busy, and now they are moving to bigger outlets in the USA - Guitar Centre.

I wonder if they will still support the smaller stores like they did before? I presume so.

Strange how the USA prices, although tax needs to be added, seem to be (on the face of it) cheaper than UK prices....

Probably just order volume dictating lower prices. If they're in every Guitar Center that's a hell of a lot more guitars than can be brought into the UK at once.

Anyway, who knows - maybe they'll start quarter-million dollar inventory buy-ins, no cherry picking, you take what you are shipped... then robot tuners... then maybe Chappers will acquire a TV manufacturing company... is Magnavox or Zenith available?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Whitecat said:

Probably just order volume dictating lower prices. If they're in every Guitar Center that's a hell of a lot more guitars than can be brought into the UK at once.

Anyway, who knows - maybe they'll start quarter-million dollar inventory buy-ins, no cherry picking, you take what you are shipped... then robot tuners... then maybe Chappers will acquire a TV manufacturing company... is Magnavox or Zenith available?
    I was shocked when I found out that music shops just get mystery shipments from Gibson and they don't know which models they'll get.

They're basically abusing their position as a brand that people will always demand because of its history to have business practices that no-one would tolerate otherwise.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:

I was shocked when I found out that music shops just get mystery shipments from Gibson and they don't know which models they'll get.

They're basically abusing their position as a brand that people will always demand because of its history to have business practices that no-one would tolerate otherwise.
    surely they know the models, I thought they just couldn't pick the actual specific guitars
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888

They gave us Trump. We give them Chapman.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    aLebarque said:
    Careful, or Rob will join theFretboard and correct us all in a "very loving way"...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26698
    aLebarque said:
    Careful, or Rob will join theFretboard and correct us all in a "very loving way"...
    I don't think we need to worry about that. He doesn't even use the forum that has his name on it :P
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    edited March 2018
    @skunkwerx - I also have an Indonesian PRS Tremonti SE Standard and the switch on mine went as well. It often cut out when I went to the neck pickup. Apart from that it was a great guitar for the money
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Bluebeard said:
    @skunkwerx - I also have an Indonesian PRS Tremonti SE Standard and the switch on mine went as well. It often cut out when I went to the neck pickup. Apart from that it was a great guitar for the money
    Those switches can be a problem on anything by their design.  I had to replace the switch on a new Gibson when it was around 6 months old.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    crunchman said:
    Bluebeard said:
    Those switches can be a problem on anything by their design.  I had to replace the switch on a new Gibson when it was around 6 months old.
    Aye overall its a great guitar.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    By the way, how hard is it to replace one of those switches?
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    5 minute job if you can use a soldering iron. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:

surely they know the models, I thought they just couldn't pick the actual specific guitars
    I asked guitar guitar when they were getting the Tribute back in stock and they said there's an order from Gibson coming but they don't actually know what guitars they'll get they just have to wait and open it
    thegummy said:
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:

I asked guitar guitar when they were getting the Tribute back in stock and they said there's an order from Gibson coming but they don't actually know what guitars they'll get they just have to wait and open it
    that's outrageous, why on earth would they agree to something like that

could end up with 150 left hand explorers
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    tony99 said:

Why would someone ship them a job lot of 70s DJs?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:

Why would someone ship them a job lot of 70s DJs?
    Image result for kenneth williams
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:

that's outrageous, why on earth would they agree to something like that

I think the reason they agree is because the Gibson brand is so powerful and people will always want to buy them that a music shop would be really missing out if they refused to stock Gibson.

I'd imagine if they were shipped something ludicrous like your example they might not buy again but obviously Gibson are giving them a reasonable variety.
    edited June 2018

The marketing has commenced: