Seen the new PRS ad?

What's Hot

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2383
    I'm thinking the 7.25" radius will put off a heck of a lot of regular PRS owners.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
     That's a lot for a bolt on.

You know that thing on QI where the screens go black, it flashes, and there’s a klaxon? Yeah.. that...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  That's a lot for a bolt on.

You know that thing on QI where the screens go black, it flashes, and there’s a klaxon? Yeah.. that...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    I never, ever expected to see a guitar which made Gibson's Jimi Hendrix Tribute look less moronic than it really is, but PRS have succeeded.

It's actually quite hard to combine so much lack of imagination with getting so many details wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
     That's a lot for a bolt on.

Yep. You know you want the jedward signature PRS ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If you look at the body first and then up at the headstock it kinda makes you shiver. And not in a good way 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    edited March 2018
    wesker123 said:
    Jedward = double cock version
    FTFY
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I am not liking it.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
    I just don't get the appeal of this at all. What's it going to give you that a Suhr won't already, even if you're dead set against a Fender Custom Shop job?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If you look at the body first and then up at the headstock it kinda makes you shiver. And not in a good way 
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I wanted to love this guitar when I heard about it but I'm sorry, I'm just not that desperate.
    They've made a 'Mad Cow' model.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    ICBM said:
    I never, ever expected to see a guitar which made Gibson's Jimi Hendrix Tribute look less moronic than it really is, but PRS have succeeded.

It's actually quite hard to combine so much lack of imagination with getting so many details wrong.
    Not sure they have anything 'wrong' remember its one mans ideal strat (ie Mayers) made by PRS not a strat for the people. Leo got his strat bang on first time however it hasnt stopped evolving with countless signature models with varying specs.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Strat54 said:
    I'm thinking the 7.25" radius will put off a heck of a lot of regular PRS owners.
    Agree. Very off-piste for them and surprisingly backward-looking. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I'm excited - the world's been needing a guitar like this for 64 years
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Meh.  7.5 radius :/

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I'm quite surprised at the 7.5 radius - I've never played a non-bass guitar with that radius but everyone seems to say the big downside is that bends choke out and John Mayer is a very "bendy" player.

As a big fanboy of his, I won't be expecting any imperfections from him regardless of the guitar specs but I'm surprised he'd have chosen that if the choking thing is true.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    thegummy said:
    I'm quite surprised at the 7.5 radius - I've never played a non-bass guitar with that radius but everyone seems to say the big downside is that bends choke out and John Mayer is a very "bendy" player.

As a big fanboy of his, I won't be expecting any imperfections from him regardless of the guitar specs but I'm surprised he'd have chosen that if the choking thing is true.
    Legend has it it aids his thumbover technique. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    Probably worth pointing out that everything Hendrix, SRV, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler and Richard Thompson recorded on vintage Strats, was played on 7.25” radius boards. None of them seemed to find them ‘unplayable’....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • Right but that's also like saying nobody found 1970s cars undriveable.  There's a reason most modern Fender style instruments have a 9.5" radius and it's generally because it's a better compromise than a 7.25" one, still rounded enough for chords to be comfortable to fret but flat enough that other playing is more comfortable too.

It's a step backwards in my eyes, but if it's what he wants specifically then I guess that's the point of a signature model.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Strat54 said:
    this is the best thing for me - but I'd rather have a vintage 7.25 spec Fender than this, so as much as this is a good thing for me (and only me it seems) I'll be giving my £2K to Fender every time.