Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe_FX II Rigs, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Digital Modelling.

What's Hot

Comments

• I've had nothing but a phenomenal level of support from G66. They are well worth the money.

Ive had The Boot Chip and a PSU off of them well beyond the warranty expiration, buckshee too.

Nice people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not bad considering you PSU went up due to Beer ingestion iir.....
  • No, Mapps. That was the Matrix power amp and the drink was wine.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    No, Mapps. That was the Matrix power amp and the drink was wine.
    Yeaahhh goddd!! Get it riggggghhtt!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Definitely go with G66. Had my axe 2 for 4 years, last week the power supply went and they sent me a new one for free despite being out of warranty.
    I also asked which fan I should purchase because my original one was very noisy. Included in the shipping box was a brand new silent fan that they'd just added for free.
  • You can't beat customer service like that!

There's plenty who could learn from G66.

• I'm really enjoying the Axe FX for bass recording.

I am still going to post about wanting more bass models and FX on the FAS forum, as Yngwie says more is more...  

But honestly since you can blend all the drives, and adjust the high/low pass and sweep the mid frequency you can get a lot of stuff already.  Not to mention you can easily send via the same amp/cab as the guitar tone if you want to get your distortion/grit that way.

I've found that I prefer what I can get from the Muff and Rat distortion models to my real Bass Muff and M80, for recording anyway.

Loving the OH bass pack for IRs too.
  • Looks like the AX8 has been released in the US .. anyone here in the G66 waiting list?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'm really enjoying the Axe FX for bass recording.

I am still going to post about wanting more bass models and FX on the FAS forum, as Yngwie says more is more...  

But honestly since you can blend all the drives, and adjust the high/low pass and sweep the mid frequency you can get a lot of stuff already.  Not to mention you can easily send via the same amp/cab as the guitar tone if you want to get your distortion/grit that way.

I've found that I prefer what I can get from the Muff and Rat distortion models to my real Bass Muff and M80, for recording anyway.

Loving the OH bass pack for IRs too.
    I reamped our bassist through the Axe-II.. sounded wonderful
    play every note as if it were your first
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    I've put my vote in for more bass amps / cabs / presets in the wish list section of the FAS forum, as well as a request for a means of highlighting them / distinguishing them from lead stuff.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6921

Quantum 1.06 is out - only a new Ac30 model

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:

Improved screen grid modeling accuracy.

Added “Class-A 30W Brt” amp model based on the Bright channel of a non-Top Boost Vox AC30.

Added Scene indicator to Output and FX Loop GUI. The ‘A’ Quick Control knob can be used to select the desired scene while in the menu. This facilitates setting output levels in each scene.

Fixed wrong cathode follower default values in Class-A 15W TB, Class-A 30W TB, Hot Kitty and Matchbox D-30 amp models. Existing presets will be automatically updated with the new default values.*

*The range of the CF Ratio parameter has been expanded and all existing presets will have the parameter reset to default values. If you have changed the CF Ratio value in your presets you will need to re-enter the value.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Yeah I think this came about due to the big thread on AC30s on the forum.  I'm an AC30 fan so I'll give it a go
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    That can wait until after tomorrow nights gig.
  • Someone on the FAS forum has posted this comparison of 1.05 (first) to 1.06 (second).  They're not gain matched, the second one is slightly louder.  Using the DC 30 sim (A matchless IIRC).

• RolandRoland Frets: 8761
    Noticeably different, even on an iPad. I gave up on the AC30 emulations because of the cluttered sound, but I shall have to give them another try.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.

I've not noticed a difference between 1.05 and 1.06

my amp choices are: Herbert, VH4, 5153 mostly

• No I didn't notice anything with my high gain patches.  But I did think the Vox types sounded a bit better balanced.

I'm really liking the Ownhammer Justin York pack.  I can't remember if I've said that already on here or not, but it has the Mesa 2x12 and 4x12, as well as a Vox with Alnico Blues.  Pretty much all the real stuff I'd want if I could record in a nice studio.

The great thing for my tastes is there's a strong focus on the MD421 and SM57, my two personal favourite guitar mics.  There's loads of positions available for them.
    No I didn't notice anything with my high gain patches.  But I did think the Vox types sounded a bit better balanced.

I'm really liking the Ownhammer Justin York pack.  I can't remember if I've said that already on here or not, but it has the Mesa 2x12 and 4x12, as well as a Vox with Alnico Blues.  Pretty much all the real stuff I'd want if I could record in a nice studio.

The great thing for my tastes is there's a strong focus on the MD421 and SM57, my two personal favourite guitar mics.  There's loads of positions available for them.
    have you tried making your own cab mixes with CabLab?
  • Yes I'm using CabLab 3.  
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Someone on the FAS forum has posted this comparison of 1.05 (first) to 1.06 (second).  They're not gain matched, the second one is slightly louder.  Using the DC 30 sim (A matchless IIRC).

Despite the gain differences, the second one sounds more "real" to me.