Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe_FX II Rigs, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Digital Modelling.

What's Hot
1919293949597»

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    DefaultM said:
    Great moment this weekend. Went back to that tone I made with the dweezil amp and it sounded absolutely fucking shit. Turned it off disgusted after a bit. Went back to it the next day and noticed my tone knob was all the way down on my guitar. Turned it up and it was fine again. Oops.
    I've done this a lot with wah pedals...

Loving the Friedman Dirty Shirley and the Suhr Badger 18 at the moment, as an AX8 newbie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    kjdowd said:
    DefaultM said:
    Great moment this weekend. Went back to that tone I made with the dweezil amp and it sounded absolutely fucking shit. Turned it off disgusted after a bit. Went back to it the next day and noticed my tone knob was all the way down on my guitar. Turned it up and it was fine again. Oops.
    I've done this a lot with wah pedals...
    Still do.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    DefaultM said:
    I keep doing this on my Charvel, I think it's when I reach for the trem and each time I knock the tone knob a wee bit - eventually I am wondering why nobody can hear me on stage lol
  • I just disconnect mine. Tone controls can only reduce tone anyway, 10 is the most, who wants less than maximum tone? :smile: 
  • http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-4-01-public-beta.119924/

New beta - updated diode clipping in drive block will be interesting for FX8 users too. Also finally a proper Legacy model. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Got one of those Ownhammer Mesa IRs just to see what they're like. It's given me the first mesa tone that I've actually liked from the axe fx 2. 
    I usually find them really flubby and they just feel wrong to me, but this is awesome.

Using the IR, the recto red 2 modern and a tubescreamer.
  • Been getting a lot of mileage out of the fractal lately. Nylon guitar, steel acoustic, jazz box and electric solid body all in the same gig, through the Axe, straight to FOH. 

Easy set up, great tone, happy sound man, etc etc. 
    Awesome. 
  • Been getting a lot of mileage out of the fractal lately. Nylon guitar, steel acoustic, jazz box and electric solid body all in the same gig, through the Axe, straight to FOH. 

Easy set up, great tone, happy sound man, etc etc. 
    Awesome. 
    Wow, you have sound guys that can cope with it? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.