From Digitalscream & TTony

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452

Fawning Deference would be a great name for a band, incidentally.
    In modern Britain, Yawning Indifference would probably be more apt.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    crunchman said:

Sounds like the start of a line up to me...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    edited June 2018
    crunchman said:

Sounds like the start of a line up to me...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    JezWynd said:
    A lot of the ills of the internet could be cured by everyone using their real name. Never going to happen, which is a shame as it would rein in a lot of the incivility. Some of the YouTube comments are unbelievable - the level of rage and hatred that's exposed.
    Which is why I use my real name - I haven’t ‘always’ got it right on here - but knowing it’s got ‘my name on it’ has probably stopped me going too far in most instances....
    Yeah, me too.

I'm not entirely surprised to learn (belatedly) about this news. I stepped away from active participation some time ago for pretty much the same reasons. There's still some good stuff on here, but it's increasingly swamped by shite.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Might I suggest, if the stress is the problem and it isn't fun any more, you guys set up the "Don't Fret Board"?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12905
    edited July 2018
    Sorry to see the guys depart (and why was this dumped in OT? I only saw it when someone linked to it). Hope they'll come back refreshed. 

For me, the issue has always been that the rules are too vague. Vague rules lead to people arguing about how the rules should be interpreted, about what that means for their behaviour, and to inconsistencies in how those rules are applied, which leads to more arguments.  I know what the guys were trying to do  but they inadvertently made a rod for their own backs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    As for the classifieds, I don't think those are an issue. Honestly, stop obsessing about it. Its fairly obvious from what the guys have said that the so-called "freeloaders" really aren't the problem.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Damn sorry to see you go. I feel bad now not wearing the baseball cap at the guitarshow last :( Too damn vain I am :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom