The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    KrisGee said:
    sgosden said:
    So considering there hasn't been an announcement. What y'all reckon this is in the shops before 2022?
    Official announcement Monday 24th, and looks like stock's ready to go to the stores:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0I7jBhi5Fx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    Surely that means the Editor is also ready?  B)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    Just got an email from Tone Junkie - some free Princeton Profiles
    I didn't see any links.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've not tried a mic'd amp in the room, mate. I still use a Reactive load and a Torpedo CAB M.

The main thing for me was finding the tones I wanted. Now I'm back to pedals and amps, I can dial in any sound I'm looking for within seconds. Rather than trawling through profiles and still not getting in the ball park.

All that said, I bloody love the Kemper and would get one again in a heartbeat.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I've not tried a mic'd amp in the room, mate. I still use a Reactive load and a Torpedo CAB M.

The main thing for me was finding the tones I wanted. Now I'm back to pedals and amps, I can dial in any sound I'm looking for within seconds. Rather than trawling through profiles and still not getting in the ball park.

To add to this, the Fractal was infinitely less frustrating, in this regard. Easier to achieve the tone you're after...but the Kemper got you the tone in your head, when you could find it!

I've not tried a mic'd amp in the room, mate. I still use a Reactive load and a Torpedo CAB M.

To add to this, the Fractal was infinitely less frustrating, in this regard. Easier to achieve the tone you're after...but the Kemper got you the tone in your head, when you could find it!
    I'll let you know if it's any easier once the Editor finally arrives  ;)
  • Ha, thanks. But it's definitely nothing to do with having an editor or not, promise.

Ha, thanks. But it's definitely nothing to do with having an editor or not, promise.
    Yeah, but I can have a go at tone matching your favourite sounds  :)
  • That'd be very cool actually!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2413
    Kemper Stage is official.... and one extra send-return pair too....

Official unveiling is today, but I'm assuming we'd be looking at £1,500.

Personally, I prefer having the 'brains' of the unit behind me so drunk punters cannot get to it and spill drinks all over it!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited July 2019
    FarleyUK said:
    Kemper Stage is official.... and one extra send-return pair too....

Official unveiling is today, but I'm assuming we'd be looking at £1,500.

Personally, I prefer having the 'brains' of the unit behind me so drunk punters cannot get to it and spill drinks all over it!
    Same.
    Also, will the stage have a power amp option?
    I doubt it.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2413
    More to the point.... does that mean the editor is going to drop this week...???
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    Really torn whether to get the new Kemper Stage... I’ve got an unpowered rack and footswitch but don’t have a rack case and have just joined a band. My Laney LFR112 tilts back too so I can’t even put it on top of that, it would have to either go on the floor or buy some sort of stand for it. The floor unit Kemper is much more practical but is it worth selling and rebuying when it’s essentially the same thing? There is the argument that you don’t want the brains of the unit on the floor for a punter to spill beer on but nobody seems to be bothered about this with the Helix...

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Think they've priced it really well at £1450. I've got the unpowered toaster which is the same price.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    AndyJP said:
    Think they've priced it really well at £1450. I've got the unpowered toaster which is the same price.
    I'm tempted - it would be better for live use.  It sees more use at home though.  Having the toaster on my desk is really great, and a floor unit would be a lot less convenient for home use.  I'll probably just stick with toaster and remote.
  • I really do fancy one. Even just purely as effects into an amp sometimes as well. Considering selling my Helix.

Bye!

• I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited July 2019
    I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.
    I'm not really ready to move over to an entirely modelling based rig. Just don't dig the vibe and don't trust monitoring systems in most of the venues we play. So you have to bring your own.. at which point an amp+cab is just as easy.

But I would be open to trying it out. Expensive test though!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Waiting for the Kemper Stomp. That would make me switch :)
  • I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.
    I'm not really ready to move over to an entirely modelling based rig. Just don't dig the vibe and don't trust monitoring systems in most of the venues we play. So you have to bring your own.. at which point an amp+cab is just as easy.

But I would be open to trying it out. Expensive test though!
    I get that, but I guess what I'm saying is what you said...it's an expensive thing to buy for just FX. Which isn't really its biggest strength. I reckon your Helix would be just as good in that department.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I still maintain that the perfect modeller would have the Amps of the Kemper, Effects of the Fractal and User Interface of the Helix 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom