The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.
    I'm not really ready to move over to an entirely modelling based rig. Just don't dig the vibe and don't trust monitoring systems in most of the venues we play. So you have to bring your own.. at which point an amp+cab is just as easy.

But I would be open to trying it out. Expensive test though!
    I get that, but I guess what I'm saying is what you said...it's an expensive thing to buy for just FX. Which isn't really its biggest strength. I reckon your Helix would be just as good in that department.
    Well I've got all my single pedals which are a cut above the Kemper and the Helix I'd say - well, for certain things.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I prefer the reverbs and delays, and the way they're implemented on the Kemper.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I prefer the reverbs and delays, and the way they're implemented on the Kemper.
    That's interesting because I found them almost as bad as the Line 6 delays and reverb, I wonder if the monitoring makes that much difference
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3470
    edited July 2019
    I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.
    I'm not really ready to move over to an entirely modelling based rig. Just don't dig the vibe and don't trust monitoring systems in most of the venues we play. So you have to bring your own.. at which point an amp+cab is just as easy.

I get that, but I guess what I'm saying is what you said...it's an expensive thing to buy for just FX. Which isn't really its biggest strength. I reckon your Helix would be just as good in that department.
    Well I've got all my single pedals which are a cut above the Kemper and the Helix I'd say - well, for certain things.
    In that case I'm struggling to see what you're saying and what your use case is, sorry.

• sweepy said:
    I prefer the reverbs and delays, and the way they're implemented on the Kemper.
    That's interesting because I found them almost as bad as the Line 6 delays and reverb, I wonder if the monitoring makes that much difference
    Genuinely, I thought they were absolutely awesome. If Kemper released a Kemper FX unit, I'd be all over it, or a Kemper Delay and Reverb unit, more to the point. I prefer them to any other dalay and reverb pedal on the market - for my use.

• I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.

In that case I'm struggling to see what you're saying and what your use case is, sorry.
    Home recording mostly. The floor form factor appeals to me more than the toaster and rack versions do. I guess coz it's just new and I like gearrrrrrr.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I like the Reverb and Delays on the Kemper, but not enough to use it for just effects.

Home recording mostly. The floor form factor appeals to me more than the toaster and rack versions do. I guess coz it's just new and I like gearrrrrrr.
    Who doesn't ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799

For studio I generally prefer rack gear because I can always add another x units of rack space.
    Adding floor space means I have to call a builder.

It does looks like a cool unit though.
  • My desk is a poorly slapped together affair - two IKEA Kallax units with the tops removed and a desk top put on top of them and screwed down with big bolts. But I don't want to risk putting loads of rack gear on it really; although I don't even have that much. My Apollo x8p, a Focusrite 8pre (which I rarely use) and pretty much everything else sits on the floor or on the kallax shelves.

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    My desk is a poorly slapped together affair - two IKEA Kallax units with the tops removed and a desk top put on top of them and screwed down with big bolts. But I don't want to risk putting loads of rack gear on it really; although I don't even have that much. My Apollo x8p, a Focusrite 8pre (which I rarely use) and pretty much everything else sits on the floor or on the kallax shelves.
    I had an Ikea desk for a while- they are usually ok in terms of build quality but often don't do so well when shipped between countries.

I now have a mix of Buso and Argosy studio furniture and it all works well and has so far survived a couple of international moves.
  • Back to the form factor... I often find when I'm writing and recording that I need to be able to just kick a few things and hit record. If I get sucked into menus, or scrolling through IR's, or presets, etc.. etc.. I find I just don't make any music.

But if I have three reverb pedals in front of me that all sound different... I just "choose my preset with my feet" and hit record and worry about whether it's the final sound I'll use in the song later.

Speed. Speed. Speed. It's become so important to me for writing and recording. Because the momentum is what drives the music. Without it, I just end up writing 8 bars and the song falls apart.

So I think the Kemper floor would suit me better than the toaster as it looks to be a bit more foot-friendly. Who knows though. Not tried one obviously. It could be cack.

Bye!

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Back to the form factor... I often find when I'm writing and recording that I need to be able to just kick a few things and hit record. If I get sucked into menus, or scrolling through IR's, or presets, etc.. etc.. I find I just don't make any music.

But if I have three reverb pedals in front of me that all sound different... I just "choose my preset with my feet" and hit record and worry about whether it's the final sound I'll use in the song later.

Speed. Speed. Speed. It's become so important to me for writing and recording. Because the momentum is what drives the music. Without it, I just end up writing 8 bars and the song falls apart.

So I think the Kemper floor would suit me better than the toaster as it looks to be a bit more foot-friendly. Who knows though. Not tried one obviously. It could be cack.
    When I'm bored I design entire sound palettes, bass, drums, synths, lead & rhythm guitar. I've always got loads of them on the go waiting for songs  :)

Another trick is play all the parts DI and look for the sounds later.

I also do things the old fashioned way and use a sounds as I discover them, but I find a bit of variety helps when you are short on inspiration.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Does the extra in and out do away with the frankly stupid necessity to lose an FX block to use an FX loop
    edited July 2019
    octatonic said:
    For studio I generally prefer rack gear because I can always add another x units of rack space.

Adding floor space means I have to call a builder.

It does looks like a cool unit though.
    I like to use my Kemper toaster around the house, and I even take it outdoors to the gazebo (weather permitting!)
    edited July 2019
    The beta version of the editor is coming when the engineers get back from their summer holiday, as they didn't want to release it without having a sufficient number of support staff on hand.

Source: Kemper Forum.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Beta version of new Rig manager - which is ONLY compatible with the new Beta firmware 7.0.0 - is up.... as is the new beta 7.0.0 firmware :)
  • What's new?

Bye!

What's new?
    Taken from the changelog, which is publicly available when you search on the Kemper downloads:

PROFILER Operating System 7.0.0.14828

Audio
    fixed: Rig X-Fade Time issue
    User Interface
    added: integrated effect select screen including effect category, type and preset selection (TYPE & BROWSE)
    added: Replace/Store As/Rename menu when storing effects presets
    added: display name of effect preset recently loaded
    added: power meter for models with internal power amp (PROFILER PowerHead™ and PowerRack™) on page Power Amp of Output Section
    added: Input Noise Gate received an additional soft knob in the Input Section and can now be morphed. Consequently, Reamp Sens moved to a new second page.
    added: export all effect presets to USB memory stick (folder Shared)
    added: function to delete all snapshots at once
    added: holding UNDO/REDO withdraws/recovers all edits
    added: Performance Up/Down can be assigned to analog switches and corresponds to Performance Load setting
    added: assignment of Up and Down buttons of PROFILER Remote can be switched
    added: Morph Button can be controlled via MIDI CC# 36
    added: <PAGE> can be used to navigate through Slots of Performance similar to left and right buttons of RIG Navigation Cross
    changed: MorphPedal to Wah and MorphPedal to Pitch activated by default
    changed: soft button label External Storage changed to USB Stick
    changed: Wah Pedal and Pitch Pedal follow Morph Pedal controller more tightly, if linked.
    changed: global option Group of 5/Single Rig maintained during restart
    fixed: accidental Rise Time when triggering Morphing via Rig Buttons
    fixed: accidental Transpose value displayed in Rig Settings
    fixed: analog switches with Rig Up/Rig Down assigned not switching between KEMPER amp and reference amp in PROFILER Mode.
    fixed: accidental locks after returning to Browser Mode, if Rigs were selected in Performance Mode before
    fixed: Performance scrolling continues, if Tuner Mode gets activated during scrolling.
    fixed: storing Rig previwed via Rig Manager overwriting Rig loaded before

Known Issues
    The function "Factory Presets" is still missing.
    Morph settings not immediately audible, but require a move of the Morph Pedal.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    FarleyUK said:
    Beta version of new Rig manager - which is ONLY compatible with the new Beta firmware 7.0.0 - is up.... as is the new beta 7.0.0 firmware :)
    Is this what was demo’d at NAMM where you can edit parameters inside the software?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

FarleyUK said:
    Is this what was demo’d at NAMM where you can edit parameters inside the software?
    Nope - that's the editor. Beta for that should land in the next month I'd guess.