Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    That looks like awesome fun @viz.

Must have been a real buzz looking out and seeing such a big crowd.

Well done that man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    :) It's certainly not an every day occurrence, for me anyway!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15521
    I've looked out and seen crowds that size more than a few times. Generally they have more flaming torches and pitchforks than your crowd, and they usually applaud for different things but still.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    I can imagine! :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2014
    After quite some time spent trying to come up with music that sounds like The Best Band Ever (Jellyfish), I've finally hit upon a chord progression that I like, and which I hope to use as a starting point for a whole song. SO happy.

Even came up with the beginnings of an instrumental section inspired by the middle of "I'm Mandy, Fly Me" by 10cc.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • @viz way cool :)

@Bucket you'll eventually find ways to use the same chord progression in different songs with different rhythms and not too many people will notice :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    VimFuego said:
    I've looked out and seen crowds that size more than a few times. Generally they have more flaming torches and pitchforks than your crowd, and they usually applaud for different things but still.
    Last time I saw a crowd like that at a gig the mushrooms hadn't worn off.
    edited August 2014
    Just read the whole of the "Bullshit" thread in SC. Laughed like a fucking drain throughout. Recommended.

Also I'm rather looking forward to my band rehearsal tomorrow (well, later today). Great to finally be part of a band that's doing stuff.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Been putting up with our power shower cutting in and out for the last few weeks. Took it apart yesterday, replaced a dodgy part and IT LIVES!!! Go me. :)
    edited August 2014
    My sister got her GCSE results through today - she did very well indeed. So happy and relieved for her, she put in so much work and had been stressing about the results for ages. Better than my GCSEs a few years ago too... clearly I didn't get the brains in the family after all.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bucket cool, nice.

My sis left school with half a CSE, but she sorted things out by getting her Grade 5 on clarinet, doing an Art A level, and then doing a BA in Fine Art at St Martin-in-the-Fields (or at least I think it was called that). She's still skint, but enjoys life a lot more.

In other news, the software I've been brewing up for the last year and a bit is proving to have some good design features and we might be getting it out to a test site soon.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    car's just sailed through its MOT.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm no longer single.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    car's just sailed through its MOT.
    So it is amphibious then?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    round here sometimes it's a useful trait.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here too dude.

Wish someone would do one that is not only amphibious but a mini sub too with the ability to breach like that Dolphin shaped thingie.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774

My brother cashing in some shares and bunging me £500...increasing my GAS budget by a few quid....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For the first time in a long time, I have connected with someone new in my life.  I'd actually ask her out, but recent circumstances now dictate it couldn't work anyway (will be far too distant).

I feel great about it though.  

Also, I'm getting really good at section 1 of the GAMSAT exam practice papers, the exam is in March but I feel very focussed - I'm balancing work, fun (guitar ;) ) and revision quite well. 

Lastly, 4 weeks ago I had a 34 inch waist and was a bit of a bloater.  Now, I'm a bit of a bloater but with a 32 inch waist.  I'm aiming for 30. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    For the first time in a long time, I have connected with someone new in my life.  I'd actually ask her out, but recent circumstances now dictate it couldn't work anyway (will be far too distant).

Also, I'm getting really good at section 1 of the GAMSAT exam practice papers, the exam is in March but I feel very focussed - I'm balancing work, fun (guitar ;) ) and revision quite well. 

Lastly, 4 weeks ago I had a 34 inch waist and was a bit of a bloater.  Now, I'm a bit of a bloater but with a 32 inch waist.  I'm aiming for 30. 
    You can still bang her.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7485
    edited August 2014
    holnrew said:
    For the first time in a long time, I have connected with someone new in my life.  I'd actually ask her out, but recent circumstances now dictate it couldn't work anyway (will be far too distant).

You can still bang her.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same.  She's going to uni (don't worry, she's not that much younger than me, she took a couple of years out) and there is no way in hell I'd wanna ruin her freshers year of learning 1000 ways to bang a dude (or two).  

But I figure I can give her an introduction. You know, chokebang her into - I mean, ease her into it. 

Still, it's nice to know there are wimminz out there who actually do like me after all. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom