Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm not somebody in a position to judge age differences...
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5006
    edited August 2014
    ThePrettyDamned said:

will be far too distant...
    Still, it's nice to know there are wimminz out there who actually do like me after all. 
    Me and the littlegreenwoman actually live 5,000 miles apart most of the time, so we only get to meet up 3 or 4 times a year.

Been working surprisingly well for about 4 years now! As with all things, it is what you make of it :)

Frank Zapppa used to say that the reason he had a successful marriage was because they only met up between tours and so had the opportunity to fall in love all over again! I can relate to that :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17646
    tFB Trader
    My daughter was trying to talk about the microwave, but she doesn't know the word microwave yet so she called it the "dinner cupboard". 

This is both amusing and impressive :)
    9reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My daughter was trying to talk about the microwave, but she doesn't know the word microwave yet so she called it the "dinner cupboard". 

This is both amusing and impressive :)
    That's excellent. Children who don't yet know the words for things often string other words together to describe an object. My mum told me that before I learned the word "bicycle", I referred to the machine daddy went to work on as his "wheel-wheel". Same thing if you think about it. Maybe we should have a thread for language constructs of the juvenile kind.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17646
    tFB Trader
    That's great. 

I remember when I was doing psychology that they said children should be praised for saying things like "Sheeps" because they were learning to understand rules about language even if they were applying them incorrectly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7488
    edited August 2014
    Goal of the day - call the microwave at work a dinner cupboard in front of other staff and gauge responses.

Genius!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's great. 

I remember when I was doing psychology that they said children should be praised for saying things like "Sheeps" because they were learning to understand rules about language even if they were applying them incorrectly.
    I'd go so far in that case to say they were applying the rules correctly, but were unaware of the many inconsistencies of the english language where the rules do not apply. :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I didn't get accepted to the boarding school in Scotland my parents are so desperate to ship me off to! 
    So I get to stay in the south with people I care about ;) 

On a sad and then happy note, one of my friends isn't dead! 
    After deliberately overdosing earlier, she went on the run from the police and her parents. Luckily, she texted me as someone she could trust. I let other people know, found out where she was hiding and told people how to find her (I'm in iceland of all places) No news after she said they had caught her. But I wouldn't expect anything else for a while. She's likely in intensive care, and will probably be transferred back to full time medical care again. 
    Bit depressing, but I'm just so happy she's getting the care she needs.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    :-O Wow, @Hertz32, what a post!

Well done for avoiding boarding school in Scotland - I suspect it might be more difficult to get in later... :)

I hope your friend is safe now, but will she trust you in future?  Why did she go on the run?  Why are you in Iceland?  
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    These and other questions will be answered in next weeks exciting episode of.......

Seriously though wow that is one eventful day right there. 

Result on no Boarding school you would only have had to suffer the indignity of becoming one of the UK elite, or worse a politician.

Hope your friend makes it through OK, and yes WTF dude Iceland don't you know a dang old Volcano is gonna go boom.
    edited August 2014
    I am SO relieved that I'm not going there. 
    Hopefully she will continue to trust me, although she's probably going to be in Highfield mental hospital for a good few months. it'll be her second time in there, so they will be trying to hold onto her for a bit longer this time. I'll visit when I can.
     She went on the run because if the police or her parents caught her, she would have been taken to hospital and sectioned again (Which is what has happened) She didn't want that. She contacted me, and I convinced her to give herself up to the police and let her best friend know what was going on.

Also Iceland because insane family holiday, I saw whales today too! :)  

My life tends to be rather confusing and eventful whether I want it to be or not xD 
    In the grand scheme of things, I don't actually know this girl all that well...
     I met her at a party, gave her my number as someone she can call when she needs someone to trust. Strange kind of party, seeing as she had only left the mental hospital 2 weeks prior to meeting me, and she then proceeded to break into my house... 
    She's called twice, and we have 90 texts. that's it really. It was just one of those days!

'Awibble'
    Sorry, @Hertz32, I didn't mean to pry - I hope it's all cool, and you enjoy your hols.

Cheers,
    Al.
    edited August 2014
    Nitefly said:
    Sorry, @Hertz32, I didn't mean to pry - I hope it's all cool, and you enjoy your hols.

Cheers,
    Al.
    Don't be sorry! @Nitefly you're welcome to ask me about anything, I've no problem with talking about it. 
    Thanks muchly mate, have a good friday and weekend ;) 
    Cheers,
    John
    'Awibble'
    Hertz32 said:
    Nitefly said:

Cheers,
    Al.
    Don't be sorry! @Nitefly you're welcome to ask me about anything, I've no problem with talking about it. 
    Thanks muchly mate, have a good friday and weekend ;) 
    Cheers,
    John
    You too, John, over and out.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Had the first band rehearsal since June last night. Not picked up a guitar since then, and discovered that it was mostly like riding a bike, and the band is still largely intact. This despite the drummer announcing he is going to play with his old band again on a part-time basis, and the bassist announcing that one of his other bands had won an award at some country festival thing in Nashville.

All in all a very good night!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3912
    Just returned from an internet-free week in Keswick. I'm refreshed.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Looks like I've got myself two tickets to Devin Townsend in the Albert Hall in April!

I'm anticipating this being the gig to end all gigs.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    Looks like I've got myself two tickets to Devin Townsend in the Albert Hall in April!

I hope you find its a good one Connor, but I also hope it's not the one that ends all gigs!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Only a week to go before holiday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited September 2014
    Bucket said:

I hope you find its a good one Connor, but I also hope it's not the one that ends all gigs!
    Well yeah, me too but you get what I mean. I've seen a small "intimate" gig of his, now I'll be seeing the biggest, most bombastic and epic one he's ever done! He's always brilliant live, no matter what the setting. Should be absolutely amazing.

I'm hoping my new overdrive pedal will arrive today as well, just to make things a bit better!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."