Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2017
    Met my girlfriend's parents for the first time today, and her housemate who is also her best friend from home. Her parents and her best mate were all really nice, and she tells me they all liked me as well :D Ah man, I don't like to say too much in case I jinx it all but we've been so, so happy together so far. Both of us have said we've never been happier with anyone we've been with. Long may it continue :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    @Bucket - let it take its time, Connor, just let it flow.  Best of luck mate  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nitefly said:
    @Bucket - let it take its time, Connor, just let it flow.  Best of luck mate  =)
    @Nitefly Cheers! No intention of rushing things or changing anything, it all seems to be going great and we're really happy, so I guess we'll just keep doing what we're doing.
    My car isn't fucked!

I was having issues with getting it started, turns out it was just the battery on its way out. Got it changed in five minutes by the RAC, 95 quid and I was on my way. And since its service it runs like a dream again. Still needs stuff doing to it, but nothing so urgent I can't drive it (touching wood). It's such a great car. Even with an unsympathetic baboon like me at the wheel.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2017

Bucket said:

Man has to know how to fix his own car.

That was so 2016.

Are you sure it was 2000, looks like there is space there.

I blame the FBI

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I had my routine colonoscopy yesterday.

The results are no signs if Crohn's, with only minor inflammation, probably from the prep.

Haven't had a result like this in nearly 15 years of having Crohn's.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    mike_l said:

The results are no signs if Crohn's, with only minor inflammation, probably from the prep.

Awesome news Mike.
    mike_l said:

Awesome news Mike.

Thanks Col, I really think changing jobs and unfucking my head, and not being wound up and pissed off at work all the time has helped massively. Also, I'm not spending 2 hours a day in traffic, and the associated pollution, which has probably helped.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    @mike_l - excellent news!
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    thought i might have a gas leak & was dreading the prospect of boiler (therefore my heating) being condemned, in freezing january of all months.

just realised the smell was coming from my fridge not the boiler & found a leftover onion thing i had forgotten about. woop!
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I'm going to see black sabbath tomorrow night. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Completed first aid course.

I'm now not able to say "not my problem" for 3 years.  And I didn't break any of the equipment, even after punching the resuscitation dolls when I was bored.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What started out as a jam night, pretty much ended up being a gig.

It was a lot of fun........

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

I'm doing something right for a change =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12394
    My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

Oh dear. You do realise she's softening you up for something? New phone, iPad, pony?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10717
    edited February 2017
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight

There was Me, Paul Mc, Noel and Mico(?) so we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), Guitar (me) Cajon (Noel) and Mico (?).

So we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), guitar (Me), cajon (Noel) and bongos (Mico), worked surprisingly well.

• vizviz Frets: 10717
    mike_l said:
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight

There was Me, Paul Mc, Noel and Mico(?) so we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), Guitar (me) Cajon (Noel) and Mico (?).

So we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), guitar (Me), cajon (Noel) and bongos (Mico), worked surprisingly well.
    Great stuff. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • boogieman said:
    My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

Oh dear. You do realise she's softening you up for something? New phone, iPad, pony?  :)
    Oh, I know. The real question is in which order she wants them ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28633
    My BMI is down to 24, and in a year I have dropped two trousers sizes.

All this while having a bacon sammich for breakfast most days.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."