Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26666
    edited July 2023
    Sporky said:
    This morning Lady BMcH asked me "why did the people at [house name] have all that polythene sheeting and a meat cleaver in the first place?"

Hmm. 
    I think the more pertinent question is...why were they so keen that somebody else should have possession of them?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12410
    Sporky said:
    This morning Lady BMcH asked me "why did the people at [house name] have all that polythene sheeting and a meat cleaver in the first place?"

Hmm. 
    I think the more pertinent question is...why were they so keen that somebody else should have possession of them?
    We’re they wearing gloves when you did bought them?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    munckee said:
    Sporky said:

Hmm. 
    Were they wearing gloves when you did bought them?
    Or rubber aprons. And masks made out of human skin? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18876
    Sporky said:

Hmm. 
    Was the table with "take anything you want" on it, sited on a newly built patio?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28511
    On Friday I finally figured out how to fix a issue with the quote template I built at work. Some of the team were using it without the macros enabled, so that they could save quotes with filenames not compliant with our ISO9001 (lord knows why the precious little snowflakes like doing that).

There's a custom save routine I wrote which forces the correct format, but that doesn't work with the standard techniques for making people enable macros. I'd tried a few times before, but kept finding ways around the protection.

I now have my own code for doing it, which doesn't seem breakable.

Sorry. Really uninteresting for anyone else, I'm sure.

Also tomorrow is my first Monday off now I've moved to four day weeks. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Oh god document control and naming conventions are such a massively useful thing that 99% of people just can't get the hang of. Drives me utterly bonkers...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28511
    One of them appends "cost sheet" to the end of the filename if it's a cost sheet (ie the internal document that produces the quote), and "itemised cost breakdown" to the end if it's the customer copy.

His reasoning (if you can call it that) was that by calling it an "itemised cost breakdown" the customer won't think it's a quote. Even though it's a list of stuff with prices against it that we produce because they asked us for a quote.

Most likely he'll now go into Windows Explorer and rename each file by hand after making it.

The thing I don't get is that the quote template automatically generates the right filename based on the headers you fill in when making the quote. He puts time and effort into doing it wrong!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2023
    As per my waiting’s shit post in the vent thread, Miss Munckee has got A level results of As in English Lit and History and B in Film Studies. 

When she arrived she had a note to see her head of year and it was to be interviewed for next years prospectus. 

The bad news is now I lose her to university!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    Bar sanding and repainting the bargeboards and soffits, I have finally finished renovating our house! We moved here in December 2020 and I started the first room in January 2021. 

Just the garden to do now……… :o
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3722
    munckee said:
    As per my waiting’s shit post in the vent thread, Miss Munckee has got A level results of As in English Lit and History and B in Film Studies. 

When she arrived she had a note to see her head of year and it was to be interviewed for next years prospectus. 

Congratulations! Where's she going to? - Only if you're happy to share :)
    drofluf said:
    munckee said:

She is off to Sussex as living in Brighton is the dream!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5395
    munckee said:

Nice one. Congrats to Miss Munckee.

The actual bad news is that now you get to support her alcohol and drug habit for a further 3 years.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    She should have a great time. My wife's nephew graduated from there a couple of years ago and never left
    Snags said:
    munckee said:

Nice one. Congrats to Miss Munckee.

The actual bad news is that now you get to support her alcohol and drug habit for a further 3 years.
    True, look out for the forthcoming fire sale of gear.  I think if we rent out her bedroom and eat a meal every third day we can just about support her. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1425
    Well done to Miss Munckee.

I remember my A levels results day like it was yesterday, when in reality it was significantly longer ago.

What will she be studying, beyond nightlife?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6171
    munckee said:
    drofluf said:
    munckee said:

She is off to Sussex as living in Brighton is the dream!
    My alma mater. She'll love it, although the Falmer campus is a fair old way out of Brighton.
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 140
    edited September 2023
    I got a couple of little golden balls in the post yesterday 

Some gold seal Afghan soft black!!

Tastes grrrrrreat!

CBD only, of course 

Might get some Nepalese temple next. Or maybe Maroccon 'shish. 
  • Our kitchen renovation is finished after about a month of our place being a bomb site. Still need to clean everything and organise all our shit but my god I’m glad it’s over… 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Our kitchen renovation is finished after about a month of our place being a bomb site. Still need to clean everything and organise all our shit but my god I’m glad it’s over… 
    Ours starts on Monday…
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    edited September 2023
    @stickyfiddle nice, enjoy it! Ours is almost there. I look forward to having a fridge again. And a washing machine. Next weekend, fingers crossed!