Which famous guitar would you most like to own?

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I'm with @Tenebrous on this, 100% Roy Buchanan's Tele 'Nancy'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Kossof’s Les Paul

Zappa’s SG

BB King’s Lucille

Okay, will three do? That they’re all Gibsons is purely coincidental. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mike McCready has too many awesome guitars, but can I have this one please.

https://steviethehat.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mike-mcready.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    Haych said:
    Just for fun, as the title really - if you could own any one guitar that is in some way famous, either because of its player or for some other reason (not including value), which would it be.

For me I think it would be this, Knopfler's Schecter dream machine, just because it's an awesome guitar to look at and I always thought this sounded better than all his others.  I grew up watching and listening to Alchemy on a continuous loop and this was always my favourite guitar.

I wonder how much it would cost me to have Tom Anderson build me a replica....... hmmmmmmm.

That was stolen and never seen again after he made Making Movies. He did get a replacement though,but I guess it was never quite the same.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5681
    Strat54 said:
    Haych said:
    Just for fun, as the title really - if you could own any one guitar that is in some way famous, either because of its player or for some other reason (not including value), which would it be.

For me I think it would be this, Knopfler's Schecter dream machine, just because it's an awesome guitar to look at and I always thought this sounded better than all his others.  I grew up watching and listening to Alchemy on a continuous loop and this was always my favourite guitar.

I wonder how much it would cost me to have Tom Anderson build me a replica....... hmmmmmmm.

That was stolen and never seen again after he made Making Movies. He did get a replacement though,but I guess it was never quite the same.
    This one was the replacement - the original had dot inlays - I never thought it looked as good as this one.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24846
    proggy said:
    I'm with @Tenebrous on this, 100% Roy Buchanan's Tele 'Nancy'.
    Me too....
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5793
    tbm said:
    Jack White's famous red Airline guitar. Then I'd smash the thing because Seven Nation Army can f*ck off..  
    I’ll chip in for that!!! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Robin Guthrie's '59 Jazzmaster, mainly because so much of the music I love was made on that guitar. Plus I *really* want a '59 Jazzmaster!

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader

Possible not 'famous' but Mick Ralphs' '57 Esquire that was on the last Mott the Hoople album he played on and the first 3 Bad Co albums is the one i'd swap everything else for.

Or Keef's TV Junior....which seems to have knocked Micawber off the top spot for him recently as he seems to be playing it a lot more than he used to.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    John lee hookers vintage Sheraton 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1602
    Green's Les Paul.  George Harrison's SG, or maybe Lucy or the rosewood Tele.  One of Lennon's 325 Rick's.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7795
    Jimmy Page's LP (and I dont even like LPs)
    or
    Gilmour's P90 Goldtop
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    I guess I got that out of my system. Now I don't let any artist inspire me gear wise to much. 

Still it can point you in the direction of what would work for that kind of music.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
    This is another I'd love to own - I did once own one identical and close in serial number to Alex's but it sounded awful, even with a pro setup and pickup change - goodness knows how Lifeson gets his to sound so good with the stock HFS pickup.

I regret selling it simply because it's the prettiest PRS on the planet - you can keep your bird inlays and fancy tops, this thing is gorgeous!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    so there I am  - at the Hammersmith Odeon Jul 3rd 1973 all over again, right down the front and Mick strolls over and says: "We're finished here, so you may as well have this..."

https://wiki-img-thumb.morrissey-solo.com/6/62/Mickronson.jpg/300px-Mickronson.jpg

Cheers Mick...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

....and don’t even think about saying “which one?”.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    JayGee said:
    I’ve tried to think of something a bit more original but it always comes back to Rory Gallagher’s Strat.

....and don’t even think about saying “which one?”.
    Rory who?

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Normally i would say Rory's Strat.. whereas it is unique and it *looks* amazing, what made the look is his acidic sweat etc.. so effectively it's a plank of his sweat. So i'd probably settle for a good signiture version :)

So instead i'd go for Billy Corgan's Siamese Dream-O Caster. It was sold last year for no a ludicrous sum. I regret not trying for it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I would go for a really fucked up Fender. Any one of Rory's Strat, SRV's No.1 or Rick Parfitt's Tele would do.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    edited August 2018
    It would have to be a blackguard Tele for me. So there's plenty to choose from. I might go for Vince Gill's '54. He says he's never found another one that comes close to it.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/f6827ea0ff06dd12ac314f4395a66b1e-650-80.jpg