R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    poopot said:

Can you describe the difference the scale length made?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited September 2018
    @customkits will be better to placed to describe the technical difference... but... from a practical point of actually playing, there is more space between frets up the dusty end... or that is how it appears to me (and a few other folk that have played them).
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    poopot said:
    @customkits will be better to placed to describe the technical difference... but... from a practical point of actually playing, there is more space between frets up the dusty end... or that is how it appears to me (and a few other folk that have played them).
    So there's more space at the top but the bottom is the same?
    roberty said:
    poopot said:
    Different all the way along the neck.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    edited September 2018
    roberty said:
    poopot said:
    found this image - not totally accurate in  the comments, but the maths is okay.   

the two comments at the end ignore compensation, which you need less of on a rule of 18 instrument.  in fact many early guitars didn't have any compensation at all, the rule of 18 provided enough to each fret position to make it work

there are also stories of worn out tools, periods of inaccurate measurement, different maths being used above and below the 12th fret etc....

its a fun topic
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    roberty said:
    poopot said:
    found this image - not totally accurate in  the comments, but the maths is okay.   

the two comments at the end ignore compensation, which you need less of on a rule of 18 instrument.  in fact many early guitars didn't have any compensation at all, the rule of 18 provided enough to each fret position to make it work

That's far too scientific for me Wez, i just know it works really well and that's the only scale i use on my short scale builds
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    The technical difference is the old one is better, i really don't get technically bogged down in any of this stuff, the old ones used it and they sound good to me, it's the only one i use and i had custom made fret scale templates made, i have 2 more being made so i can cut inlays and fret without removing the board

They do feel different to play for me as poopot said there seems to be more space above the 12th fret and possibly why the old ones sound a bit different too

This is a whole different subject and may not be wanted in this thread
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I agree it’s probably best suited to a new thread... might get technical though.

Most obviously don’t need to consider that maths.  No-one really does now there are so many things that do it for you.

Honestly this thread is a rollercoaster
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Is it time to measure & compare our nuts with calipers yet??
    Fifty9 said:
    I beg your pardon?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fifty9 said:
    Why not.  No different to you all weighing them with and without the daft switch covers 

nut width is fairly crucial to feel
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9 said:
    Is it Friday, already?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Vintage scale on the left... modern scale on the right...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited September 2018
    This Morning, chat with GG, and oh surprised when i ask for a 58 DL, that they have one in Camden, the guy just send me a pic, i said, i want it.
    Hope this time will not have a bad experience like my first one with Richtone.
    [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/180928120411892682.png.html][IMG]https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/09/28/180928120411892682.png[/IMG][/URL]
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53 said:
    This Morning, chat with GG, and oh surprised when i ask for a 58 DL, that they have one in Camden, the guy just send me a pic, i said, i want it.
    [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/180928120411892682.png.html][IMG]https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/09/28/180928120411892682.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Nice one buddy that’s a great score and pleased you got one 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    skikdi53 said:
    lovely !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Still haven’t sold any yet though 
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited September 2018
    Thank's.
    GG have a good Customer service, just called them cause i payed with paypal and the exchange fees seems to be high, so they canceled my order after Registered my card number and they send me a mail with the link to buy the guitar.
    Very happy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom