R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Back from rehearsal. Took the Iced Tea. Absolutely loved playing it tonight, straight in to a Gartone Tweed Deluxe with occasional wah and a boost. Best new Les Paul l have ever bought.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ossyrocks said:
    Back from rehearsal. Took the Iced Tea. Absolutely loved playing it tonight, straight in to a Gartone Tweed Deluxe with occasional wah and a boost. Best new Les Paul l have ever bought.
    I rehearsed for the first time with mine tonight too. Had to do some tweaking but once I had was very pleased with the sound
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited October 2018
    I still don’t know why Peach Guitars decided to leave the forum. Anyone care to clarify?
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    I still don’t know why Peach Guitars decided to leave the forum. Anyone care to clarify?
    Telephone abuse from a forum member apparently.  I think there's a thread somewhere in Off Topic. 

Oh look... R8! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2333
    Nice! Although that Tokai is a beautiful guitar!!!
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    terada said:
    Also, I am yet to see a 5 serial without the fretboard/pickup ring gap or a 6 serial with it
    I thought the same and it's not a bad rule of thumb, but there are exceptions:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180814331286008-1946569--gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-standard-1959-figured-top-f
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    dbphoto said:
    This Ice Tea they have in stock at the moment looks good:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-ltd-run-iced-tea-vos-871363.htm

And im perhaps mistaken, but is the one @Michael84 bought the one @Musicman20 returned?

This post was yesterday and the guitar still seems to be there!!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    crunchman said:
    dbphoto said:
    This Ice Tea they have in stock at the moment looks good:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-ltd-run-iced-tea-vos-871363.htm

And im perhaps mistaken, but is the one @Michael84 bought the one @Musicman20 returned?

This post was yesterday and the guitar still seems to be there!!
    Is that proof that we have indeed bought them all?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I still don’t know why Peach Guitars decided to leave the forum. Anyone care to clarify?
    They apparently left because, despite the number of sales generated through this thread alone, one person got shirty with them.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5447
    They apparently left because, despite the number of sales generated through this thread alone, one person got shirty with them.
    I think the "number of sales because of this thread" angle is overstated though. 

For example, although I heavily participated in the feeding frenzy, it was not this thread that alerted me to the deal in the first place, it was their email newsletter.

They might have gotten a few more sales because of the discussion here but not enough to make it worth their time to deal with abuse. If those guitars didn't sell to the forumites here it's not like they weren't gonna sell to someone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited October 2018
    I think when you are running a business, and go out of your way to keep a group of interested individuals in the loop on a very good offer, and continue to advise them so as many as possible can take advantage, and then some self-opinionated idiot telephones with a less than pleasant attitude, then it makes sense to spend your time where it is more appreciated.

Yes, Peach sold guitars here. But John was putting effort into making those sales. 

And it’s this kind of backward attitude that leads to people feeling they have some sort of priority or importance. No matter what job you do, getting shitty phone calls because of someone’s inflated self importance isn’t called for. 

That’s the only comment I’ve made on the matter. I think Peach did a great job and it was a few idiots here that ruined it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469

From memory, there were also people in this thread complaining because they were just putting guitars up on the website without posting here, or they were selling them to people in the shop before they ever went on the website.  It's nice if they post here as a favour, but one or two of the comments weren't great.

Wasn't there also some talk of another incident with a Hudson Broadcast?

If you are Peach, you wouldn't want to risk someone googling them and coming up with things like that.

If you add the phone call onto that, then I can understand them leaving.

We do seem to have a history of driving off retailers.  Andertons left ages ago.  There also used to be someone from Guitar Village who posted on here, and MarkGak, who we don't seem to see around any more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • heavyrockerheavyrocker Frets: 810
    edited October 2018
    Fair points. There are retailers that stick around though but they seem to be the smaller one man band type operations. I get the impression from the ones that do stick around that their love of guitars comes first and business second. They would still post on the forum even if they had nothing to sell. I don’t get that from some of the bigger retailers who’ve left and perhaps that’s no coincidence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair points. There are retailers that stick around though but they seem to be the smaller one man band type operations. I get the impression from the ones that do stick around that their love of guitars comes first and business second. They would still post on the forum even if they had nothing to sell. I don’t get that from some of the bigger retailers who’ve left and perhaps that’s no coincidence.
    You should try giving @CustomPedalBoards abuse...he bloody loves it! You'll probably get a discount*

*you won't get a discount

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Let’s not derail this thread with negativity as there’s already a thread about this in the off topic so would be great to keep it there 

Back to more rainbows, fairy dust and all round positive vibes for our fantastic R8’s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited October 2018
    is the current peach iced tea  someones returned guitar ?

it seems quite heavy compared to some that have been bought

tempted

what are peach like with returns - 

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    is the current peach iced tea  someones returned guitar ?

it seems quite heavy compared to some that have been bought

tempted

what are peach like with returns - 

They were very easy with mine - I drove it back to the store, they gave it a quick once over and all was well. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair points. There are retailers that stick around though but they seem to be the smaller one man band type operations. I get the impression from the ones that do stick around that their love of guitars comes first and business second. They would still post on the forum even if they had nothing to sell. I don’t get that from some of the bigger retailers who’ve left and perhaps that’s no coincidence.
    You should try giving @CustomPedalBoards abuse...he bloody loves it! You'll probably get a discount*

*you won't get a discount
    hehehehe
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2333
    Their returns are easy. I've bought a Jag from them in the past which again was NOS, and had some very minor lacquer marks, but they offered a part discount. I accepted as it was NOS and a fine price.

I returned the R8 no problem. I hate to buy and consider the returns, but I know it's something you have to consider especially with a £2.5 k guitar.
  • Surprised that Ice tea is still there. Looks lovely and 8Ib 10oz