R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    hyperben said:
    skikdi53 said:
    What about the sérial,
    The last peach one have 6 digits and mine looks the same has only 5?
    They go to 6 digits when they’ve run out with 5 digits
    They looks deifferent, mine have a space after the 8, and the one with 6 digits no.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I presume as most the R8s are in happy owners hands, and not on sale, we might see the thread calm down a little.

FYI - Peach will have an Iced Tea 8.5/8.6 lb (can't remember specifically) plaintop R8 back for sale very soon no doubt.  
    Knock knock.

Who's there.

Peach.

Peach who?

That's the Fretboard for you...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    skikdi53 said:
    hyperben said:
    skikdi53 said:
    What about the sérial,
    They looks deifferent, mine have a space after the 8, and the one with 6 digits no.

As @hyperben said, they went to 6 digits when they ran out of 5 digits. There is a gap because the first digit will always be an 8 as it relates to the model year.

So 8 (for R8), then 4 other digits to denote the unit number. When they got to 9999 (presumably), they went to 10000 as you'd expect.

As such, earlier serials will be 8 XXXX, and later ones 8XXXXX.

Also, I am yet to see a 5 serial without the fretboard/pickup ring gap or a 6 serial with it
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    terada said:
    skikdi53 said:
    hyperben said:
    skikdi53 said:
    What about the sérial,

As @hyperben said, they went to 6 digits when they ran out of 5 digits. There is a gap because the first digit will always be an 8 as it relates to the model year.

So 8 (for R8), then 4 other digits to denote the unit number. When they got to 9999 (presumably), they went to 10000 as you'd expect.

Actually it’s 8 for R8 then 7 for 2017, then 3 digits up to 999 then 4 after after that becoming 5 or 6 digits in total 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hyperben said:
    terada said:
    skikdi53 said:
    hyperben said:
    skikdi53 said:
    What about the sérial,

Actually it’s 8 for R8 then 7 for 2017, then 3 digits up to 999 then 4 after after that becoming 5 or 6 digits in total 
    Ha! Of course it is, clearly my head isn't screwed on correctly today.  :)
  • FFS don't you people have to work? Gone already!

Anyone here return it? Anything you didn't like about it?

Anyone here buy it this time around?
  • I see two more are on the Peach site.

Again, are these returns from anyone here? Might be useful if folk could chime in with comments regarding a return - doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one, just not your thing. A summary tone report might help someone else in their hunt, though - one way or the other.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FFS don't you people have to work? Gone already!

LOL it's mine now. Had been hesitating to pull the trigger all this time but I liked the colour and weight on this one...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Michael84 said:
    FFS don't you people have to work? Gone already!

LOL it's mine now. Had been hesitating to pull the trigger all this time but I liked the colour and weight on this one...
    Nice one, matey - hope it's a keeper.

Be sure to let us all know how it sounds and plays . . .
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    This Ice Tea they have in stock at the moment looks good:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-ltd-run-iced-tea-vos-871363.htm

And im perhaps mistaken, but is the one @Michael84 bought the one @Musicman20 returned?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Nope, the Iced Tea is Musicman20's I think.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Ah, ok, so maybe the one in stock right now?
    Not sure that iced tea is Musicmans - didn't his one have the interesting grain around the volume/tone knobs?
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I’m off out to rehearse for the first time with one of mine tonight. 

Crunch time!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ossyrocks said:
    I’m off out to rehearse for the first time with one of mine tonight. 

Crunch time!

Can't say I'm not a little envious - my rehearsals have been pushed back for weeks now!

Let an overdriven open A ring for me please!
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    terada said:
    Not sure that iced tea is Musicmans - didn't his one have the interesting grain around the volume/tone knobs?
    It did, good spot, plus it was a lighter weight.....
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    *wobbly timey wimey picture*

”Yeah, I bought an ‘18 back in the day. £2.5k. Makes me sick to think I sent it back... “

”Lol. Sucker. They are like 1.5m credits now - you can get a return ticket to alpha centauri for that...”

”shut up. I had a marlin sidewinder then as well and sold it cos I thought it was junk...”

”Ahahahahahahahahah!”

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Fifty9 said:
    Well I had a corking USA Traditional - from @Adamski and frankly, the 1.5k difference isn’t ‘justifiable’ as such.

I do like the hide glue, no truss-rod condom & custombuckers but the neck profile, subtle flame, fretwork, non weight relieved body, weight, rolled binding and resonance are great on both guitars. 

I’ve just always wanted a fantastic, brand new, 58-59 reissue with subtle flame, built as closely to the originals as is feasible and, crucially for me, Gibson made LP. Now I’ve got one!
    Yeah that Traditional is absolute proof that Gibson do still get it right in their USA range. You’d only have to maybe swap the pickups for something slightly lower output and boutique and I’d wager the difference would be even closer. 

If if I were giggin every weekend I’d have absolutely no hesitation to pick up another just like it. 

I het what you mean about the ‘58 and ultimately perhaps the subtle improvements, aesthetics and perhaps the sheer snobbery of owning the cream of the crop was what has made the difference to me and given me my first Les Paul ‘keeper’ after perhaps 4-5 of various years/specs. 
  • So the Dimarzio cream in the zebra pup is nowhere near the cream on the Suhr pup so will look a little mismatched which is annoying. 

Oh well it’s going in anyway. Tone wins