Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    WezV said:
    I think this goes towards a case for charging businesses to post on here
    I think that would be the wrong move.

however, businesses offering us some exclusive deals would likely work well for all.
    It would be the wrong move. I'm pretty sure the idea was proposed though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn’t think of anything more stupid than to charge businesses to post on here. First and foremost the ones that are on here act as individuals offering advice and opinions just like the rest of us. I’ve not seen any trying to hard sell their stock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I couldn’t think of anything more stupid than to charge businesses to post on here. First and foremost the ones that are on here act as individuals offering advice and opinions just like the rest of us. I’ve not seen any trying to hard sell their stock.

Wisdom'd
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Early notice on here of their bargains is a free benefit to this community.

If that early notice generates excitement and that generates sales then that is a return benefit for them.

Win-win.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    WezV said:

however, businesses offering us some exclusive deals would likely work well for all.
    Peach didn't start the post.

It was a member giving a heads up.

So even if Peach wasn't a member would of bought as many guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    DanR said:
    WezV said:

We got a heads up about the second batch (including the number of them) and we know there's a few more on the way. Peach popped a message in the thread just as the second batch went live on the website
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    DanR said:
    WezV said:

Yeah, this time.   Not really the point I was making

Look at how Peach joined in and turned a good deal story into a good customer service one.  

This forum will remember it as a peach deal, even though other dealers also got involved 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    Chalky said:
    Early notice on here of their bargains is a free benefit to this community.

If that early notice generates excitement and that generates sales then that is a return benefit for them.

Win-win.
    Wis awarded. There were clearly a number of members attracted to the deal when Peach publicised it here, although they had already done so through their subscribers newsletter, so this would appear a win-win situation. Personally, I wouldn't want the site to move to any form of sponsorship.
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 562
    edited August 2018
    The real problem is none of the tight gits are doing cheap deals on Fender CS relics ( #myownselfishopinion! )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
    @TTony ;So, how many have sold so far mate ?

And we all thought the guitar industry was dying :)
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Yes, I've bought one.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    DanR said:
    WezV said:

To be fair I first learned of it via Peach’s email shots... but got caught up in the zeitgeist of the big thread in the end anyway and certainly noticed when John posted warning of that second batch going live. Hit “refresh” until a top popped up that I liked and bang...
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    There's got to be a way of harnessing this type of buying power. You boys  must have bought £100k+ s worth of guitars collectively. 

If I'd have had the funds I'd have been all over this too. It also shows that this is the magic figure for people to fall over themselves.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited August 2018
    It also shows that this is the magic figure for people to fall over themselves.
    I don’t agree - if these were £2.5k all day everyday and in stock everywhere then you probably wouldn’t see them being hoovered up at this rate unless they were discounted to ~ £2k.

The perception of a bargain and fear of missing out is what drove these sales.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 25reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    edited August 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    It also shows that this is the magic figure for people to fall over themselves.
    I don’t agree - if these were £2.5k all day everyday and in stock everywhere then you probably wouldn’t see them being hoovered up at this rate unless they were discounted to ~ £2k.

The perception of a bargain and fear of missing out is what drove these sales.
    Amen.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Or how about they're a great spec guitar at a great price - one that's been unheard of for a brand new Gibson CS LP in recent years?

There's no perception or fear involved - they're a genuine "great buy". Saying otherwise does sound a bit like sour grapes.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I gave a heads up to mates on Facebook. One of them bought one too and we’ve been talking about it today. He certainly thought it was a no brainier.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    edited August 2018
    -
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    edited August 2018
    TTony said:

Not a thread for discussing, please only reply if you bought one.

I think @TTony is going to start a new thread and start counting again........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.