• skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Still got mine, dont play it so much, but it sound very nice 
    B minor blues ( BB King) - YouTube
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Yup, still have it...

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Mine is out on the stand permanently these days, it's my main guitar at the moment.

I spent some time a couple of weeks ago removing all the hardware and polishing off the VOS treatment with Virtuoso Cleaner. It looks absolutely stunning now. Interestingly, once the poker chip and guard were off, it revealed just how much it has faded since I bought it. It was iced tea originally, but it's fading out to dirty lemon quite rapidly and all of the bleed into the binding has vanished. The neck is also fading out from red to brown. For the first time with a Les Paul I don't feel the need to change any of the hardware or pickups either, it's a lovely sounding guitar just as it is.

Rob
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    skikdi53 said:
    That looks really nice, is it a dirty lemon?  Are you playing through a tweed amp?
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Ossyrocks said:
    Mine is out on the stand permanently these days, it's my main guitar at the moment.

I spent some time a couple of weeks ago removing all the hardware and polishing off the VOS treatment with Virtuoso Cleaner. It looks absolutely stunning now. Interestingly, once the poker chip and guard were off, it revealed just how much it has faded since I bought it. It was iced tea originally, but it's fading out to dirty lemon quite rapidly and all of the bleed into the binding has vanished. The neck is also fading out from red to brown. For the first time with a Les Paul I don't feel the need to change any of the hardware or pickups either, it's a lovely sounding guitar just as it is.

Rob
    I'd love to see a pic of that, if it's not too much hassle!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I can't believe these R8s didn't get a thread all of their own...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    thebreeze said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Rob
    I'd love to see a pic of that, if it's not too much hassle!
    +
  • I had to sell mine, but saved a bit and bought another from a kind forum member and will cherish it as long as I can. It's my go to guitar when I need humbuckers!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    thebreeze said:
    skikdi53 said:
    That looks really nice, is it a dirty lemon?  Are you playing through a tweed amp?

Dirty Lemon yes, with pro junior.
  • Ossyrocks said:

Rob
    Assume it’s catching a fair bit of sun where it’s on the stand to be fading? My 2018 R9 has a fair amount of binding bleed I wouldn’t be against getting out but I don’t want to fade the rest so I’m just living with it!
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Still got my Dirty Lemon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    I regret selling mine. I also regret selling an R6. 
  • What were Peach offering?
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1087
    edited June 2021
    What were Peach offering?
    B-stock custom shop LP bodies and necks that were finished and sold as R8s. Wasn’t that the story?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4835
    LPManic said:
    B-stock LP bodies and necks that were finished and sold as R8s. Wasn’t that the story?
    No, thats just what those who missed out on them said. The rest of us grabbed some excellent Custom Shop guitars at a bargain price. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Boromedic said:
    LPManic said:
    B-stock LP bodies and necks that were finished and sold as R8s. Wasn’t that the story?
    No, thats just what those who missed out on them said. The rest of us grabbed some excellent Custom Shop guitars at a bargain price. 
    I didnt miss out, I bought one like many others, but it is very likely that they were exactly that

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    LPManic said:
    I didnt miss out, I bought one like many others, but it is very likely that they were exactly that

What do you think they were? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Even if they were B Stock I bet they're pretty neat.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4835
    Boromedic said:
    LPManic said:

Likely isn't definite is it? It is very likely... It's also very likely it was the custom shops last hurrah before bankruptcy so they went all in with full true historic shite. Which is it, can you prove your statement? I can't prove mine either, so essentially it's a nonsense to suggest either. 

I got an excellent Custom shop guitar, with true historic features for a bargain price. It was brand new in its box, it's light and well made. It's not B stock.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    LPManic said:

Likely isn't definite is it? It is very likely... It's also very likely it was the custom shops last hurrah before bankruptcy so they went all in with full true historic shite. Which is it, can you prove your statement? I can't prove mine either, so essentially it's a nonsense to suggest either. 

I got an excellent Custom shop guitar, with true historic features for a bargain price. It was brand new in its box, it's light and well made. It's not B stock.
    If anyone bought one and didn't give it an outstanding review, I missed it.

Fabulous guitars. B stock? B sh*t....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.