Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• I've got good reason to believe that this is going to be the best one yet, and I've been to a few!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Only the second one I will have been to, but am looking forward to it immensely (and not just because I have an appointment with Mr Ryder), and in particular having a nosey at the various amplifiers on display.... 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Kalimna said:
    Only the second one I will have been to, but am looking forward to it immensely (and not just because I have an appointment with Mr Ryder), and in particular having a nosey at the various amplifiers on display..

We'll see you there, bringing Anthony and your guitar along with mine 
    sweepy said:
    Kalimna said:
    Only the second one I will have been to, but am looking forward to it immensely (and not just because I have an appointment with Mr Ryder), and in particular having a nosey at the various amplifiers on display..

Yes - there will be, I think, 3 Ryder LP's at the show. I seems strange that a few folk have already played mine, but I've yet to lay a hand on it :)

Adam
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I've got good reason to believe that this is going to be the best one yet, and I've been to a few!
    I hope so, I've spent a lot of money this year on artists and marketing
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Kalimna said:
    sweepy said:
    Kalimna said:

Yes - there will be, I think, 3 Ryder LP's at the show. I seems strange that a few folk have already played mine, but I've yet to lay a hand on it :)

Adam
    It's a lovely example, you'll be chuffed 
  • Hi All,

Excitement is building for this weekends show.  

We spent yesterday selecting some of our finest guitars to display on our stand.  First on the list, we're a pair of Tele's, one masterbuilt, one custom shop that we have recently acquired.

Take a look at our website and let us know if there is anything specific you want to see at the weekend and we will do our best.

www.expressmusic.co.uk

Also don't forget to take look at the guitar giveaway we are doing exclusively at the show. Visit our Instagram or Facebook for more details.

https://www.instagram.com/expressmusicofficial/
    https://www.facebook.com/ExpressMusicHQ/

Look forward to meeting you all.  Come and say hello at booth B15a!

Express Music

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Jason said:
    Just to let you know, advance tickets will go off sale on Friday at 16.00. Don't worry about not getting your ticket in time, I'll have a list and you can bring the email confirmation. Thanks, Jason
    Do advanced tickets get you in any quicker? I.e.  can you skip the paying queue? Don’t think that has happened in the past.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Jason said:
    Just to let you know, advance tickets will go off sale on Friday at 16.00. Don't worry about not getting your ticket in time, I'll have a list and you can bring the email confirmation. Thanks, Jason
    Do advanced tickets get you in any quicker? I.e.  can you skip the paying queue? Don’t think that has happened in the past.
    It happens every year, I just cocked up by 5 mins last year on the Saturday
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:
    Jason said:
    It happens every year, I just cocked up by 5 mins last year on the Saturday
    Ok great. I prefer that benefit to any financial discount!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    I notice that the London-based competitor show chose this week to send out its email blast about their show later in the year - I doubt the timing is a coincidence.  

Birmingham remains my favourite show - brilliant mix of big names and  independent stuff - I'm dragging my bassist friend along this time, looking forward to it 
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    I notice that the London-based competitor show chose this week to send out its email blast about their show later in the year - I doubt the timing is a coincidence.  

Birmingham remains my favourite show - brilliant mix of big names and  independent stuff - I'm dragging my bassist friend along this time, looking forward to it 
    haha yeah I got it too

It made me laugh :)
    I suspect it's a little late in the day now to offer suggestions, but would there be interest in forum members bringing along self built/assembled instruments to display on the tFB stand? If so, I'd be quite happy to bring something along for general perusal/critique....

Adam
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    I suspect it's a little late in the day now to offer suggestions, but would there be interest in forum members bringing along self built/assembled instruments to display on the tFB stand? If so, I'd be quite happy to bring something along for general perusal/critique....

Adam
    You'll need to tag in @digitalscream as its his stand
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    edited February 2019
    Kalimna said:

Adam
    While I love the idea, I'm honestly not sure how much room we'll have - we've got three of our in-forum small businesses sharing a double-sized stand. Also, I obviously wouldn't be able to guarantee the safety of anything on our stand (legal disclaimer etc).

Perhaps next year?
    <space for hire>
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Kalimna said:

Adam
    While I love the idea, I'm honestly not sure how much room we'll have - we've got three of our in-forum small businesses sharing a double-sized stand. Also, I obviously wouldn't be able to guarantee the safety of anything on our stand (legal disclaimer etc).

Perhaps next year?
    Bollocks. 

Id already hired a van for my self built harp :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for responding - I thought space might be an issue, and obviously the disclaimer re:safety on stand. As you say, perhaps next year. As it happens, I may be bringing the ukulele along to see about getting a case made, so if space I could always leave it for an hour or two?

And a harp? Erm, I've actually been thinking of building one from a kit for my wife. But deffo next year for that ;)

Adam
  • Hello! Are there any exhibitors who aren't going to be there on one of the days? Or is everyone there all weekend? :)
  • Hello! Are there any exhibitors who aren't going to be there on one of the days? Or is everyone there all weekend? :)
    I guess Jason would have to give you the definitive answer ( although I suspect he is busy right now) but the only thing different from one day to the next is the live stage. And there is stuff for sale so obviously that changes over the weekend.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    Kalimna said:

Adam

Perhaps next year?
    Bollocks. 

Id already hired a van for my self built harp :(
    Then you can leave it at home and have all the more room to carry home your bargain haul!