Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Why do so few 'big name' bands/artists use PRS?

What's Hot
1121314151618»

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I've never really liked them - it's really down to the shape for me. They are excellent guitars though and I've tried loads (a friend had about 20-30 of them a few years back). I did actually bite the bullet and get one earlier this year as they are great instruments, and if it did a job and sounded amazing then I thought I should just get over the shape (it was a trade for an amp). It is a lovely guitar but just not for me; too heavy and the balance isn't right for me. So at least I've tried. FWIW I don't like Fender or Gibson either, but I do have a Tele. Admittedly it's from the 80's and has a locking trem, but I had to have it for the sound the neck pickup gives me....I think if you can get over the look of something and concentrate on the sound (which is the important thing!) then anything is worth a go  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    gearaddict said:

I really couldn't spend over £2K on one though...or any guitar for that matter. That's getting on for car money, in my book. :)

The difference is that the guitar will still be worth 70% or so of the £2k in 15 years time even if you buy new.  In 15 years time the leftover bits of the car will be rotting in landfill.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    To be fair they have plenty of non blingy options these days. Some of the solid colour models look quite smart I think
    @Kylef ; has just bought a beauty, a proper rock 'n' roll machine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    gearaddict said:

I really couldn't spend over £2K on one though...or any guitar for that matter. That's getting on for car money, in my book. :)

The difference is that the guitar will still be worth 70% or so of the £2k in 15 years time even if you buy new.  In 15 years time the leftover bits of the car will be rotting in landfill.

I get that argument but my daughter might object if I try and get her to sit her driving test in a Gibson R8...even if it is half price  =)
  • Surely it's high time someone mentioned dentists around here? It's like we've forgotten the point of this thread.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Clarky said:
    I have absolutely no idea why, but I've never been a fan of PRS..
    I'm sure they are superb instruments.. I just never liked the look of them..
    I always thought they look a bit fem..
    From a man that plays an orange Vee in shorts. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Maynehead said:
    This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth...

I've given you a 'wisdom' there....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • By gum....this thread's still going!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Clarky said:
    I have absolutely no idea why, but I've never been a fan of PRS..
    I'm sure they are superb instruments.. I just never liked the look of them..
    I always thought they look a bit fem..
    From a man that plays an orange Vee in shorts. 
    exactly.. orange V's are awesome
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    By gum....this thread's still going!
    Shouldn't that be floss? ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    By gum....this thread's still going!
    By the skin of its teeth...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Lots of people dislike a bog standard Strat or Tele, as evident in the Rate my Guitar thread. Which I don’t get at all lol. 
    I'll dislike any Tele, bog standard or otherwise. I'm not a Strat fan, but I can tolerate them
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    Gary Moore on TotP tonight (from January 1987) playing a red PRS whilst belting out Over the Hills and Far Away... Not a classic 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This just popped up on a list I was listening to. Bloody fabulous bit of Dann Huff.

• Sporky said:
    You seem to be suggesting that there aren't any photos of losers playing Fendsons or Gibners... 
    Only cos I haven't uploaded mine....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom