Discussion Thread for "Rate My Guitar"

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited December 2018
    terada said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    If its any consolation, I've posted them all, and have done it properly.  

FTFY

Given how many you have posted up, you'd better be careful to make sure who you give your address to.
    For any thieves monitoring my posts, I ONLY HAVE PICS BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN UP FOR SALE AND MOSTLY SOLD.
    Also, many are stock images. Phew. Cheers @crunchman ;; :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    terada said:
    terada said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    If its any consolation, I've posted them all, and have done it properly.  

FTFY

Given how many you have posted up, you'd better be careful to make sure who you give your address to.
    For any thieves monitoring my posts, I ONLY HAVE PICS BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN UP FOR SALE AND MOSTLY SOLD.
    Also, many are stock images. Phew. Cheers @crunchman ;; :)

That's what you say now  ...

:P

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    @terada is now leading the weekly fret chart by 200!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Rabs said:

I have always wanted a good idea of what people really think of my half and half guitar though. But I expect only a few will like it since its neither a burst or a super flamey PRS  ;)

I wowed it, it looks great, very cool and nicely done. 

It reminds me of my mate years ago who painted one side of his Harley black and the other white, so when he ploughed through pedestrian crossings on his morning commute all the witnesses would contradict each other.... 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Tenebrous said:
    This guitar that @not_the_dj posted is an absolute gorgeous guitar to me. I'm typically not a fan of LPs, or that colour, but all things considered, I think it's the best looking guitar in the thread so far.

Agreed. What a beauty from @not_the_dj ;

Just picked up a goldtop one but that one would have swayed me

I'm expecting a lot of lol's on mine. There are some very angry dentists out there looking for revenge...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I think @Megii 's strat might be my favourite so far... the dark wood & hardware with the maple neck.. ohh.. shivers :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    LuttiS said:
    I think @Megii 's strat might be my favourite so far... the dark wood & hardware with the maple neck.. ohh.. shivers :)
    Thank you - I have to admit I've been considering changing things a bit for that one - fitting a dark rosewood board neck, pearl scratchplate and gold hardware, going for a look like this:

...but maybe not. :D 
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I just gave a "LOL" to a custom shop telecaster... I feel disgusting :anguished: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    octatonic said:
    This is just naked fret-whoring.

You almost make that sound like it's a bad thing
    Megii said:
    LuttiS said:
    Thank you - I have to admit I've been considering changing things a bit for that one - fitting a dark rosewood board neck, pearl scratchplate and gold hardware, going for a look like this:

Leave it as is :)
    LuttiS said:
    Megii said:
    LuttiS said:

Leave it as is :)
    indeed! :)
    Surprised  @Fretwired ;'s Framus Jan Akkerman is faring so badly - perhaps you could say it's too blingy, but it's a Framus Jan Akkerman, which just is cool, surely?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    crunchman said:
    @terada is now leading the weekly fret chart by 200!
    Flippin’eck. @Jonathanthomas83 you’ve unleashed a monster!  :o
  • I've gone through the whole thread (as it is so far, I have a feeling it's going to get much longer). I've clicked Wow for the stuff that I really liked, and LOL on the ones that made me flinch in horror, but there was a lot of stuff that just didn't appeal to me one way or the other, so I haven't voted on them at all.

Am I doing it right?

Oh, and @Tenebrous - I love that purple RG, that definitely got a Wow :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Can't decide if i love of hate your squire @skullfunkerry ... Love the colour / not keen on blackness / really like the blackness of hardware / like the headstock / dont like it / love it ... conflicted.. wow awarded. I like it :)
    edited December 2018
    I've gone through the whole thread (as it is so far, I have a feeling it's going to get much longer). I've clicked Wow for the stuff that I really liked, and LOL on the ones that made me flinch in horror, but there was a lot of stuff that just didn't appeal to me one way or the other, so I haven't voted on them at all.

Am I doing it right?

Oh, and @Tenebrous - I love that purple RG, that definitely got a Wow

Now I feel bad for insta-LOL'ing your Squire astonished

Anyone who LOL's that 1943 Gibson J45 needs to be insta-banned from the forum. WAIT, WHAT?! One wow (from me) and two LOL's? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!

And people LOL-ing a 60s D28... I give up :astonished: 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28241
    I was going by this:

"Votes can be cast based on your perception of what you know about the tonal qualities of the guitar and if you know it feels good to play. But be honest and only vote on its looks if you know nothing about the former."

No idea what it's like to play or what it sounds like, but it doesn't do anything for me looks-wise, so I followed the instructions in the opening thread.

I don't think that merits a perma-ban.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4175
    edited December 2018

LuttiS said:
    Can't decide if i love of hate your squire @skullfunkerry ... Love the colour / not keen on blackness / really like the blackness of hardware / like the headstock / dont like it / love it ... conflicted.. wow awarded. I like it
    Ha! Well I'm happy with that, thank you!

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Sporky said:
    I was going by this:

"Votes can be cast based on your perception of what you know about the tonal qualities of the guitar and if you know it feels good to play. But be honest and only vote on its looks if you know nothing about the former."

No idea what it's like to play or what it sounds like, but it doesn't do anything for me looks-wise, so I followed the instructions in the opening thread.

I don't think that merits a perma-ban.
    How dare you be rational when discussing musical instruments? You have to get really defensive, downplay everything that you don't own, while bigging up everything you do own, claiming that it betters guitars 10x the price & that anyone who buys anything more expensive is a fool for doing so.

• If nothing else, we all get a boatload of frets 
    Can someone explain how the frets thing works, please?