Discussion Thread for "Rate My Guitar"

What's Hot

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1188
    Don't get too hung up on the reactions. I could post a picture of my cheap Hondo strat, which everyone who owns anything more exotic than an Encore will probably laugh at. But it plays quite nicely (honest), and was my first guitar. So what anyone else thinks is not particularly relevant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I've gone through the whole thread (as it is so far, I have a feeling it's going to get much longer). I've clicked Wow for the stuff that I really liked, and LOL on the ones that made me flinch in horror, but there was a lot of stuff that just didn't appeal to me one way or the other, so I haven't voted on them at all.

Am I doing it right?

Oh, and @Tenebrous - I love that purple RG, that definitely got a Wow :)
    Absolutely. It's mainly about looks as I'm sure there's tonnes in there many of us haven't tried in person.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Page 1 - mostly Wow's
    After that, mostly LOL's

Sabotage?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Tenebrous said:
    I just gave a "LOL" to a custom shop telecaster... I feel disgusting :anguished: 
    Was that the one with the pink over sunburst.  If so it deserves a LOL.  If it was mine, I'd get it refinished in a nice NOS LPB finish.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    crunchman said:
    Tenebrous said:
    I just gave a "LOL" to a custom shop telecaster... I feel disgusting :anguished: 
    Was that the one with the pink over sunburst.  If so it deserves a LOL.  If it was mine, I'd get it refinished in a nice NOS LPB finish.

Aye that one. I really like the pink, but over the sunburst... Nah, I'm really not a fan of those finish over finish guitars.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I’m most impressed that no one has posted the wangcaster yet
  • NelsonP said:
    Page 1 - mostly Wow's
    After that, mostly LOL's

Sabotage?
    I think opposite, I think it's settled down to a Tinder sort of "nope" / "yes" level now.

• mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    edited December 2018
    Damn  wrong thread. Ooops!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Megii said:
    Surprised  @Fretwired ;'s Framus Jan Akkerman is faring so badly - perhaps you could say it's too blingy, but it's a Framus Jan Akkerman, which just is cool, surely?
    It's not blingy in the flesh .. my poor photography skills.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I think it's a shame that the thread has been completely hijacked and abused for the purpose of "fret-farming".

Also, the topic is "Rate MY guitar", not rate any guitar I can find a Google image of.. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Branshen said:
    I think it's a shame that the thread has been completely hijacked and abused for the purpose of "fret-farming".

Also, the topic is "Rate MY guitar", not rate any guitar I can find a Google image of.. 
    Yes, I agree

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Strange lack of love for my new 8 string, who would have thought.
  • Branshen said:

Branshen said:

Yes, I agree
    Ooops, apologies chaps I'm guilty of that. I was curious what the reaction would be to two guitars I no longer own but were very important to me. They were big milestones along the way.
  • mikem8634 said:
    Branshen said:

Branshen said:

Yes, I agree
    Ooops, apologies chaps I'm guilty of that. I was curious what the reaction would be to two guitars I no longer own but were very important to me. They were big milestones along the way.
    Don't worry, I've posted pics of old guitars as I was curious how many Lol's they'd get...predictably, they had many!

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Branshen said:

Yes, I agree
    I've put a couple that I'd taken photos of (Rory's strat and a jag I've been gassing for) - is that ok per the rules? Also a couple I found online that I was intrigued as to peoples responses, sorry I didn't think that was an issue!

@jonathanthomas83 I'll pull them if you want mate  :)
  • Don't be daft, it's all a bit of fun. I assumed that was your reasons @terada, so it's all good mate, I think there are others on there from Google.

• In fact it's a good yardstick isn't it! Puts you off a guitar and saves you a bit of money if you find out the general consesnus is that it's a munter! haha

• carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Can't wait to trade my frets into TFB vouchers to buy gear from the Classifieds!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Fretwired said:
    Megii said:
    Surprised  @Fretwired ;'s Framus Jan Akkerman is faring so badly - perhaps you could say it's too blingy, but it's a Framus Jan Akkerman, which just is cool, surely?
    It's not blingy in the flesh .. my poor photography skills.
    I think it's gorgeous anyhow :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited December 2018
    carlos said:
    Can't wait to trade my frets into TFB vouchers to buy gear from the Classifieds!
    You’ve been informed of the exchange rate, no?

10,000 frets = £1.

Anyone got an R8 for sale at £1.62?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom