Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I've just seen this from back when he was at Cardiff haha

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's it.... Get rid of him.... Had enough.

(kidding, but fuck tonight's game. Totally schooled ) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We looked rusty, PSG will have to get past sides that aren't. 

Hope to see em next time when we're more ourselves, then we'll see who's what. 

They're bloody quick though, I'll give em that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    In all fairness, a beating has been coming. I have really enjoyed that winning streak, but anyone with any intelligence knows that Man U is not a world beating team at present. We need a better defence, oh for Ferdinand and Vidic again!

Man U can't be a world force again until we start buying better players, The transfer policy has been terrible for many years now, mickey mouse cheap players that the likes of City, Real, Barca etc wouldn't dream of buying. Woodward is too small minded for this club.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I disagree , we have spent plenty but just on the wrong players in the wrong parts of the field.

Fred? Sanchez? Lukaku?  It’s not a lack of investment just poor decision making and no long term view (or short term to be fair ) of what the squad needs. 
  • As am outsider looking in..... I think it's the case that a few years ago when they were winning everything they could attract whatever player they wanted. Now the financial playing field has levelled out and other clubs lave lots of dosh as well they have to fight for the best players with several other clubs both at home and abroad. I know they're all mercenaries these days but it also doesn't seem a happy club to play for. Really good players like Sanchez,  seem a shadow of themselves after a year at Old Trafford. Look how many have left the club with the fans saying 'oh he was crap here' and then a year or so later they're successful abroad. 
  • Ole can only play the players he has, he didn't buy a single one of them. This isn't fantasy football.

PSG have paid a kings ransom for their fantastic squad, when they come up against better teams than us, and they will in this competition, I think they'll come unstuck; where the massive investment then? 

3 weeks time, we pinch a 1 nil lead by half time...

Or it's 8 nil on aggregate at the finish.

You heard it first here Lads.

Football? wot bloody larks....

• Look how many have left the club with the fans saying 'oh he was crap here' and then a year or so later they're successful abroad. 
    Genuine question- like who? None are springing to mind.   Di Maria?  I guess I may just have forgot. 
    I disagree , we have spent plenty but just on the wrong players in the wrong parts of the field.

Fred? Sanchez? Lukaku?  It’s not a lack of investment just poor decision making and no long term view (or short term to be fair ) of what the squad needs. 
    I never said lack of investment, we have spent plenty on lesser players. I would never have bought Lukaku, I didn't think Sanchez would be a good fit (although no one guessed how poor he would be). It goes right back to Fellaini - never a Man U style player. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Agree with Axesisus.
    Wrong players, but also not enough money to be world class.
    We have a decent enough squad for top 6, maybe top 4, now that Ole has them playing to their potential.
    Only De Gea is a truly world class player of the current lot. The rest are 2nd tier. I dont rate Pogba in top level terms, too slow on the ball, gets robbed. Rashford suffers when he meets the best defenders. Where's our Aguero, Salah, Fernandinho, Van Dyke? Players the big teams will queue to buy? Not only are we not buying them, we're not improving them like we used to. If anything, they get worse. 
    Utd's owners need to decide if they want to play with the big boys again or be content with being also rans.
    Coaching, spending, buying, all need sorting out, and it needs to be long term.
  • Mickey Mouse cheap players suggested a lack of investment to me. But neyay semantics aside I agree with your point. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    martinw said:
    Agree with Axesisus.
    We have a decent enough squad for top 6, maybe top 4, now that Ole has them playing to their potential.
    Only De Gea is a truly world class player of the current lot. The rest are 2nd tier. I dont rate Pogba in top level terms, too slow on the ball, gets robbed. Rashford suffers when he meets the best defenders. Where's our Aguero, Salah, Fernandinho, Van Dyke? Players the big teams will queue to buy? Not only are we not buying them, we're not improving them like we used to. If anything, they get worse. 
    Utd's owners need to decide if they want to play with the big boys again or be content with being also rans.

Isn't it down to how you buy players, two of the players you named there were gambles. Salah failed at Chelsea, was fairly cheap coming from italy and no one gave him much credit until 6 months in to his first season.

Van Dyke came from a lower prem club (via Scotland) and I heard a thousand times how Liverpool over paid for him because of that.

It feels like Man U have tried to buy the expensive players, other clubs have gone out and found "cheap" players and made something of them. Feels like Jose wanted to buy complete players not work with something if that makes sense.
    underdog said:
     Feels like Jose wanted to buy complete players not work with something if that makes sense.
    Mark that down as another Jose fail then! 

His career has always been a case of ignore the youth and buy in ready-made players.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    martinw said:
    Agree with Axesisus.

Isn't it down to how you buy players, two of the players you named there were gambles.
    Salah failed at Chelsea, was fairly cheap coming from italy and no one gave him much credit until 6 months in to his first season.

Van Dyke came from a lower prem club (via Scotland) and I heard a thousand times how Liverpool over paid for him because of that.

Yeah, I agree, I said that.

Utd have often bought players and improved them, or seen talent that other hadn't, or bought up-and-coming players. Not all have been successful, but enough were.

Sometimes we've bought the absolute best available, and outbid other teams.

You need to do one or the other, or ideally, both. Recently, we've done neither.

I'm not saying Salah etc were bolted-on good bets, but once upon a time, Utd were the team that saw those guys, and made them the best.

• Lots of common sense and insight in this conversation. 

Eric Harrison died yesterday - the MUFC Youth team maestro. Remember the class of 92? Bunch of kids who cost nowt. What price a Paul Scholes at 20 today? 

Fairly appropriate to name a few of the under 18's that MUFC are bringing through...remember these names Lads..these boys are going to be summat. James Garner, Josh Bohui, Mason Greenwood, Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong. 

Your teams will have similar young lads. 

I realise that big name proven signings are part and parcel of modern day, results now, football, but they are only a part. I reckon every major club will end up looking within it's own ranks - with an obvious commitment to building from scouts up - as the high table of the game becomes ever more unreachable to anyone but billionaires with billions to burn. 

I remember Paul Pogba in the youth team, like a baby bloody giraffe when running - but you could see he was going to be a right bloody handful. I still don't think he's the finished article, but I do think he will reach the dizzy heights of this game. He needs a Pirlo at the side of him until he's learned his trade. 

• Interesting game... players are dropping like flies.
    Interesting game... players are dropping like flies.
    Yep, we are starting to get quite the busy physio room!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

I doubt he'll get the job after that.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14281
    tFB Trader
    I'm not a MUFC fan - But glad they won - I can't stand the arrogance of PSG - They have never won anything outside their own domestic league but somehow they think they are Gods Gift - So defeat could not have happened to a 'nicer team' 
    Speechless

Hands are still shaking

Me, my dad, that... Perfect. I also didn't wake the baby, bonus bonus