Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• Of the English sides, only City have an easy draw.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Of the English sides, only City have an easy draw.....

Shock... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    Ooo that was just gravy <3
  • Well played Wolves.

We just weren't on it, they clearly were. 

Worthy winners. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Agreed.  Neither team played well, but they wanted it more and it was clear.

They were total deserved winners.

International break has come at a good time, which is something I never say!
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Have to agree Wolves deserved that more than we did.

TBH I'm more annoyed that Swansea were basically robbed by extremely poor officiating and the FA's ridiculous decision not to use VAR there.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Oh well, honeymoon is over. Let's see if we can pick up ....
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    Looks like MUFC have gone for the Norway option - just confirmed
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    will go downhill from here...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

No guarantee of success, but a guarantee of the sort of Football I want to watch. 

I'm bloody made up..
    Interesting that he failed at Cardiff, but when he went to Molde he still insisted to have a get out clause in his contract should Man U ever come calling. Nobody could have thought that would be remotely possible!

Win or lose it feels like the old Man U back, and we haven't really had that since Fergie left.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited March 2019
    axisus said:
    Interesting that he failed at Cardiff, but when he went to Molde he still insisted to have a get out clause in his contract should Man U ever come calling. Nobody could have thought that would be remotely possible!

Win or lose it feels like the old Man U back, and we haven't really had that since Fergie left.

There was a great article on the MEN just after he got the Interim role about why Cardiff just wasn't the right fit for Ole, he was very much in a dog fight there and the quality of player he had just didn't fit the system he wanted to play. Very different level of player at Old Trafford.

Hopefully we can get a DoF in place soon so that Woodward can concentrate on the business side of things and allow a proper football man to have a greater role in making football decisions.

Fully behind Ole, lets hope we haven't already had our best moments with his team. Either way, watching United has been a lot more fun the past 3 months than it has been the previous 5 years

• I wonder if they can find a spot for Scholesy?

Maybe director of tackling? 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    57Deluxe said:

Feels a lot like Liverpool appointing Kenny permanently after half a season of good results 
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    57Deluxe said:

Feels a lot like Liverpool appointing Kenny permanently after half a season of good results 
    Some truth in that, but what else can you do?

The guy's had the longest, toughest job interview ever and smashed it!

Should we wait till he has a run of bad results? Or maybe we'd prefer a manger who has a track record but performs badly? Oh wait, we've had a couple of those.

We need to be less afraid of failure, whilst having a damn good go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    martinw said:
    underdog said:
    57Deluxe said:

Some truth in that, but what else can you do?

The guy's had the longest, toughest job interview ever and smashed it!

Should we wait till he has a run of bad results? Or maybe we'd prefer a manger who has a track record but performs badly? Oh wait, we've had a couple of those.

We need to be less afraid of failure, whilst having a damn good go. 

Think the important part of it is more what happens around him now, the club is still trying to find it's post Fergie identity, but randomly throwing cash at the problem didn't help with Jose. They need a plan basically and a structure to support it.
  • I think Ole is the closest thing to a Fergie type identity that's available, I'm personally delighted.

Watch the dead wood disappear now he's got the reins on a proper basis. 

Tin Hats time Lads, United are coming back.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think Ole is the closest thing to a Fergie type identity that's available, I'm personally delighted.

But is that a good thing? I'm not saying it isn't by the way, just asking. I mean should they be looking for someone to rebuild the Fergie image, or for someone to build a new image.
    underdog said:
    I think Ole is the closest thing to a Fergie type identity that's available, I'm personally delighted.

But is that a good thing? I'm not saying it isn't by the way, just asking. I mean should they be looking for someone to rebuild the Fergie image, or for someone to build a new image.
    It will be new. Times have changed, Fergie's approach wouldn't work now. I'd say that Ole is a young manager more in tune with the now. 
    axisus said:
    underdog said:

It will be new. Times have changed, Fergie's approach wouldn't work now. I'd say that Ole is a young manager more in tune with the now. 

Think that's the mix Liverpool finally got right with Klopp (after going through a few managers like Utd have). He is a good mix of the old boot room values but with a more modern idea about the actual football.

Though I do think the owners deserve a lot of credit in finally arriving at a structure that would support the manager in the correct way.