Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• FX_Munkee said:

I'll just leave this here...

What a bloody magic picture. 

I saw each of them make their debuts at Old Trafford. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited March 2019
    Man, it pains me to say it but they’re looking a big club again after the calamity of the last 5 years. It was a good move getting a former player in.
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Indeed, that photo sure brings back fantastic memories.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Man, it pains me to say it but they’re looking a big club again after the calamity of the last 5 years. It was a good move getting a former player in.
    Personally I don't think that it's just about a former player, it is specifically Ole that has made this turnaround happen, he has infectious likeability with both the public AND the players. 

I completely disagree with Paul Ince, he was on the media a couple of weeks ago saying that he could have done the same, or indeed any of the other old Man U lads could. NO WAY would Man U be in the same position with Bruce, Hughes or indeed Ince! This is typical of some naive people, they see someone doing a great job and think "yeah, but I could do that".  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yeah Ince embarrassed himself with that statement 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Glad to see Lukaku back with lots of goals. He got many goals for Everton too.  Good that the team tactics are setup to give him the opportunity to show his ability...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I second guessed Sir Alex for years, flattering myself that I even understood what he was doing half the time. that silliness was replaced by simple trust. 

I have the same feeling at the moment. 

I like Ole, but more importantly I trust him. 

Win,Lose or Draw he's the man for the job. 
    Rocker said:
    Glad to see Lukaku back with lots of goals. He got many goals for Everton too.  Good that the team tactics are setup to give him the opportunity to show his ability...
    This is what amazed me with Mourinho's dire management, he just had no clue how to play Lukaku, Rachford etc. He was supposed to be this great manager but he really didn't have any idea what he was doing. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    Yup he looked a different player against PSG - last 12/18 months or so and he has looked and performed like a fat over weight lazy whale, both for MUFC and Belgium - He battled well all night and used his pace + strength to his advantage, especially on the first goal - Chalk n cheese from him
    Rocker said:
    Yup he looked a different player against PSG - last 12/18 months or so and he has looked and performed like a fat over weight lazy whale, both for MUFC and Belgium - He battled well all night and used his pace + strength to his advantage, especially on the first goal - Chalk n cheese from him
    To be honest I didn't like him as a signing right from day one, I don't think he's a Man U type of player. Having said that, I can't complain if he keeps banging the goals in!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    axisus said:
    Rocker said:
    To be honest I didn't like him as a signing right from day one, I don't think he's a Man U type of player. Having said that, I can't complain if he keeps banging the goals in!
    I don't think he is the kind of players United usually have but then again, he seems to be level headed, works hard for the team even when he doesn't score, don't moan when played out of position or dropped and scores important goals and is to be fair to him, his goal averages isn't that bad!
    I wouldn't say he isn't the type.

We have often had straight up No9s who aren't pacey by trade, but are good at getting position based advantage (Think Berb and RVN).  No, I'm not saying he is anywhere close to them yet, but he's young, PL proven and knows where the goal is without looking.  It's a good start.  

He has been massively underwhelming so far, but last 3 games have been a treat!
  • axisus said:
    Personally I don't think that it's just about a former player, it is specifically Ole that has made this turnaround happen, he has infectious likeability with both the public AND the players. 

I completely disagree with Paul Ince, he was on the media a couple of weeks ago saying that he could have done the same, or indeed any of the other old Man U lads could. NO WAY would Man U be in the same position with Bruce, Hughes or indeed Ince! This is typical of some naive people, they see someone doing a great job and think "yeah, but I could do that".  
    I wouldn't argue against that - the fact he understands the philosophy of the club is what i'm getting at. Plus he has a bit of steeliness about him, even though he looks about 12
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    joeyowen said:
    pigface said:
    joeyowen said:
    I'm so glad we knocked DiMaria out too.  He spent the whole round trying to showboat, score etc...

Trying to score? In a football match? These devilish foreigners :-( Are there no depths to which they will not stoop?
    ha fair point

My point was more, he was trying to prove a point.

There were times where the pass was blatant, but opted for a big shot instead.  Not that I'm an expert, but it definitely seemed like he was taking the game as DiMaria vs Utd at times 
    Just clever Dickery on my part. Didn't mean to be snarky :-) and I didn't see much of the match so can't dispute your views. I'm no ManU fan but it's good to see them getting back to normal.
    pigface said:
    joeyowen said:
    pigface said:
    joeyowen said:
    I'm so glad we knocked DiMaria out too.  He spent the whole round trying to showboat, score etc...

Trying to score? In a football match? These devilish foreigners :-( Are there no depths to which they will not stoop?
    ha fair point

My point was more, he was trying to prove a point.

There were times where the pass was blatant, but opted for a big shot instead.  Not that I'm an expert, but it definitely seemed like he was taking the game as DiMaria vs Utd at times 
    Just clever Dickery on my part. Didn't mean to be snarky :-) and I didn't see much of the match so can't dispute your views. I'm no ManU fan but it's good to see them getting back to normal.
    Ha, don't worry I laughed a lot, my post made me look an arse for sure... I know what I meant I think haha

In other news, fecking Ronaldo... incredible. 
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    joeyowen said:
    Ha, don't worry I laughed a lot, my post made me look an arse for sure... I know what I meant I think haha

In other news, fecking Ronaldo... incredible. 
    Glad to know it :-)

And Ronaldo, the man is unfeckingstoppable. Wonder if Real miss him at all?

Big test!
  • joeyowen said:

Big test!
    Well thats the end of Man utds lucky run.
    Bollocks! wanted to avoid Barca and Man C. Oh well, we aren't out yet, you never know in football.

If we lose this and don't make the top 4 I'd still have Ole as manager.
  • We have had all the luck in the cup draws this year. .....