Gibson Winter 2019 lineup announced

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    TV Yellow Les Paul Special is spot on - prob about £1300 over here, if built right and not heavier than the moon, could be a corker. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited January 2019
    Some small changes to the 2019 DC Junior:
    - Jack moved to bottom rather than front
    - volume tone controls in a different position
    ...presumably the above are to allow for a more consistent produciton approach with the special, which has the pickup selector near the bridge. I actually prefer the original as the controls are within easier reach.
    - Graphtech, rather than Tektoid nut (which is better?)
    - 10s instead of hybrid 9s
     https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAVDZ830/Les-Paul-Junior-Tribute-DC-Coming-Soon

It might be worth looking out for good deals on clearing existing stocks.

Original 2019

New 2019
    Special

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What happened to the Gibson website? It seems to have been stripped of all the detail it previous had. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27106
    What happened to the Gibson website? It seems to have been stripped of all the detail it previous had. 
    I assume they've removed all the old stuff they're not actually making any more and will keep only the current ranges listed. Given that a month ago they had about 7 active pages for seemingly identical Les Paul Customs I'm ok with it :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    NelsonP said:
    Some small changes to the 2019 DC Junior:
    - Jack moved to bottom rather than front
    - volume tone controls in a different position
    ...presumably the above are to allow for a more consistent produciton approach with the special, which has the pickup selector near the bridge. I actually prefer the original as the controls are within easier reach.
    - Graphtech, rather than Tektoid nut (which is better?)
    - 10s instead of hybrid 9s
     https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAVDZ830/Les-Paul-Junior-Tribute-DC-Coming-Soon

It might be worth looking out for good deals on clearing existing stocks.

Original 2019

New 2019
    Special

I reckon the side-jack followed the need for a switch on the 2-pickup version - it'd be very cramped with 4 holes.

I'm very interested to see some neck joints on all these new things... 
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2958
    What happened to the Gibson website? It seems to have been stripped of all the detail it previous had. 
    Yes, I find that a shame - I liked being able to track changes over the last few years. It was also really helpful in checking out the specs of Gibsons on clearance deals - and there may be a few of those around when these new models reach the dealers. 

Until this update you could access some really old models - like the 2008 ''Guitar of the Week' range, via a Google search. But now the results redirect to the new home page - so there's actually a wealth of Gibson archive info that's been lost overnight too. Real shame.

Also, you could really see what was happening to prices - like the recent SG Juniors being the same price as the 2013 SG Custom. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945
    I assume they've removed all the old stuff they're not actually making any more and will keep only the current ranges listed. Given that a month ago they had about 7 active pages for seemingly identical Les Paul Customs I'm ok with it :)
    True, it's good to strip out all the excess, but I hope in the future they'll completely re-write what's left and bring back some detailed specs - in a consistent manner for each model, rather than varying wildly like it did before.  They also seem to only have small pictures now.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    Philly_Q said:
    True, it's good to strip out all the excess, but I hope in the future they'll completely re-write what's left and bring back some detailed specs - in a consistent manner for each model, rather than varying wildly like it did before.  They also seem to only have small pictures now.
    You just need this guys http://www.wayback.com

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    edited January 2019
    Still a Slim Taper neck though on that Special... :-/

Glad to see that the new Special has a '50's' profile neck though, which means it will probably be almost a guaranteed buy here if it comes in at a not-too-stoopid price after the conversions and the VAT, which it probably will.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    The SG and the LP singlecut Junior, please.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    ...and the SG Junior....
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    When are the new models likely to be available to buy?

Some discussion of that here
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/146870/gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc/p1
    NelsonP said:

Some discussion of that here
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/146870/gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc/p1
    Yes, but what I'm really interested to see is whether the new-new stuff is going to be better built than the old Chapter11-era stuff
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5645
    NelsonP said:
    That's a bit more like it.  Would still prefer it if they just did a proper reissue but that doesn't look half bad at all.  Thanks @NelsonP :)

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Website updated to a greater degree now and includes the new model specs.

The Les Paul modern in Pelham blue could prove popular
    https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAQ17249/les-paul-modern-coming-soon#SKU-LPM00M3CH1
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    That heel joint looks rather nice....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945

SG Standard '61 with a choice of Maestro, sideways Vibrola or stop tailpiece?

Looks like someone in the new Gibson team really likes SGs.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82 said:
    Website updated to a greater degree now and includes the new model specs.

The Les Paul modern in Pelham blue could prove popular
    https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAQ17249/les-paul-modern-coming-soon#SKU-LPM00M3CH1

They should go a bit further with this, belly cut, more modern finishes etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom