Gibson Winter 2019 lineup announced

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2019
    There's still no sign of the models displayed at NAMM, where are the Les Paul Standard 50s & 60s, the Les Paul Junior & Special? I assumed these were factory models not custom shop, the Gibson website now mixes the factory & Custom Shop models and it's pretty confusing.
    Not sure if we’re talking about the same thing, but Thomann have the 2019 Junior in worn ebony for just over £500 which seems like a decent offer.  No sign of the others you mention though. 
    No that's not one of the announced guitars at NAMM, these are the one's I'm waiting for:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    So there’s *another* Jr announced at NAMM a in addition to the currently available one I linked to above?  Confusing. What’s the difference?
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    That TV Yellow Special at around 20mins into the video is exactly the spec I'd like to buy. The 2016 Jap Export Special came close but I'm hoping this one has more of a chunky 50s neck profile?.......(and comes in at a reasonable price?).......The NAMM coverage all seemed to suggest it would be a regular production model but no sign as of yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    I see Coda are starting to discount the "old" 2019 models.  Presumably this means the imminent arrival of the models people seem to be waiting for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    Gerz6558 said:
    I see Coda are starting to discount the "old" 2019 models.  Presumably this means the imminent arrival of the models people seem to be waiting for.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Whitecat said:
    Gerz6558 said:

I hate the slim taper neck profile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    Despite a week still to run on the countdown clock on Gibson's website, Guitar guitar looks like they've listed the new models for pre-order (under the new arrivals section).

Despite the new guard at Gibson saying they were reassessing the price for the new models, I'm still a bit disappointed if the prices listed are correct. Les Paul special 1350 quid. SG with either trem 1700. Les Paul 50's and 60's models 2100. Each one a few hundred too much for me I think.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Definitely not low prices but much lower than last year. I'm pretty sure last year's standard was £2600 at release so this is a pretty significant step in the right direction.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    "unburst" looks tasty
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • LH Firebird pleeeeeease Gibson. 
    Junior at £1,250 with hard case is do-able if they've got them right. Let's see what the reviews say.

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Can’t find them now, they must’ve taken them down
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Any links to the 'proper' Junior?
    sawyer said:
    Any links to the 'proper' Junior?

No, Guitar Guitar had it listed on new arrivals but have taken it down. Gibson website releases details is 5 days:

https://www.gibson.com/

• DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Everyone will go live with these at the same time next week..The USA Juniors, SG Specials and LP Specials  look great and they don't have slim taper necks, that's about as much info as I can give out right now...We should have some stock across the range for the launch or even just before, I would expect this to be the case everywhere...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    DougCoda said:
    Everyone will go live with these at the same time next week..The USA Juniors, SG Specials and LP Specials  look great and they don't have slim taper necks, that's about as much info as I can give out right now...We should have some stock across the range for the launch or even just before, I would expect this to be the case everywhere...
    That's a big improvement whatever else is going on.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945
    DougCoda said:
    The USA Juniors, SG Specials and LP Specials  look great and they don't have slim taper necks
    Image result for fireworks
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    DougCoda said:
    Will there be any DC LP Junior or DC LP Specials due or are they just Single cuts?,
    Cheers.
  • Doug said:
    DougCoda said:
    Will there be any DC LP Junior or DC LP Specials due or are they just Single cuts?,
    Cheers.
    From seeing the site briefly there was Specials & juniors in double cuts and single cuts and in tv yellow options. they looked very tasty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15973
    are they gonna be close in spec to the cs jobs?
    tae be or not tae be