Gibson Winter 2019 lineup announced

What's Hot

Comments

• Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    For everybody who is curious, take a look at this: 

And this:

I would expect next week these to be released officially. They mention in a few of these videos that it will be these models that form the core line for the foreseeable...with some limited edition models here and there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    Be interested to see what if any difference in spec between the new LP special and this one....

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-2016-heritage-cherry.htm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited April 2019
    JD50 said:
    Be interested to see what if any difference in spec between the new LP special and this one....

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-2016-heritage-cherry.htm
    The tailpiece on the 2019 Special looks to be set at a slightly more pronounced angle compared to the 2016 Special, unless there's a slight difference in bridge pickup placement which creates that illusion - I might be imagining it.  And it also seems to have a narrower, vintage style headstock with tuners with press-in bushings?  The 2016 model has a wider headstock and tuners with hex nuts, which let it down in terms of specs a little bit, IMO (I own one and love it anyway, by the way).

The 2019 Junior's headstock and tuners look the same as the 2016 Special's, from what I can make out.  Maybe I'm wrong, though, but it looks that way.  Would be a shame, but not that it really matters that much.  I guess.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    bodhi said:
    JD50 said:

The tailpiece on the 2019 Special looks to be set at a slightly more pronounced angle compared to the 2016 Special, unless there's a slight difference in bridge pickup placement which creates that illusion - I might be imagining it.  And it also seems to have a narrower, vintage style headstock with tuners with press-in bushings?  The 2016 model has a wider headstock and tuners with hex nuts, which let it down in terms of specs a little bit, IMO (I own one and love it anyway, by the way).

The 2019 Junior's headstock and tuners look the same as the 2016 Special's, from what I can make out.  Maybe I'm wrong, though, but it looks that way.  Would be a shame, but not that it really matters that much.  I guess.
    I love my 2016 too, so much I'd love a TV yellow....
    I guess these new versions are the reason that the 2016 got blown out cheap a couple weeks ago. Picked mine up from dv247 for £666.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited April 2019
    JD50 said:
    I love my 2016 too, so much I'd love a TV yellow....
    I guess these new versions are the reason that the 2016 got blown out cheap a couple weeks ago. Picked mine up from dv247 for £666.
    I love mine so much I want a TV yellow and one of the new Juniors.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I wonder why they did the scratch plate differently on the SG jr from the originals?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    edited April 2019
    I think this is great. Couple of hundred cheaper than the brief listings guitarguitar put up last week.

Very hard to choose what I'd want, quite a few which hit the spot.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The DC tributes will sell by the bucket load at that price I'd imagine.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27110
    Part of me thinks I'd like one of the 64 SGs. But then the new 61 looks potentially really great.

I look forward to the inevitable glut of vids from Peach, Andertons, CME, etc etc. :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27110
    ThorpyFX said:
    I wonder why they did the scratch plate differently on the SG jr from the originals?
    That is odd, but the whole pic is stretched vertically so maybe it's not as far off the usual shape when viewed in the proper ratio. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    I want one of the new juniors!
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4141
    What's the difference between a Standard 50s and Standard 60s?

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5430
    edited April 2019
    One TV Yellow Special please...
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    If it’s the same as when I bought mine in c.2004 the only difference is the neck dimensions: 50s thicker, 60s slimmer.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    If it’s the same as when I bought mine in c.2004 the only difference is the neck dimensions: 50s thicker, 60s slimmer.
    Ok cheers.

The neck shape, pickups and the 60's look like they will have more flame in the finish.
    Nice there are now some plain top options with the Classic. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 987
    edited April 2019
    Really liking these, And they seem cheaper than what Guitar Guitar had advertised them for last week. The only thing putting me off is the drive to Peach from Bristol...

Id be curious to try some of the core line models against their Custom shop counterparts, Other than the new unpotted custombuckers what's the difference?  
  • Hmmm. Pricing looks better on the standards than previous years. Not that I’m shopping, but nice to see. The £2k mark feels like a significant enough mark to be right side of.

Shame the double cuts are where they are build/price. Makes sense them wanting something down that price and pickguard mounting to get to that price - but personally I wanted a more vintage double cut in the lineup. Can’t please all the folks all the time though. Might have to give the junior and/or special a try if I’m not going miles out my way for the pleasure...trying to decide currently if there’s a p90 shaped hole I could fill or not and how to do so.