Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Take My Money! New signature Epiphone Jared James Nichols 'Old Glory' LPC

What's Hot

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Headstock doesn't look too bad in person honestly, I thought it would bother me more. The headstock angle looks bloody weird compared to a Gibson though 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2019
    What’s the verdict after a weekend of old glory?

I’m close to pulling the trigger on one and does seem a lot of guitar for the money If the QC is good 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Fortheloveofguitar - I've just ordered a second one (which I'll have resprayed as a goldtop) which should give you a clue how impressed I am with this one :) It's a great guitar with quality parts and sounds fantastic. You won't regret buying one.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    johnl said:
    @Fortheloveofguitar - I've just ordered a second one (which I'll have resprayed as a goldtop) which should give you a clue how impressed I am with this one It's a great guitar with quality parts and sounds fantastic. You won't regret buying one.
    Blimey it doesn’t get a higher recommendation than that especially from an R8 owner too

A gold top would look fantastic too 
  • johnl said:
    Headstock doesn't look too bad in person honestly, I thought it would bother me more. The headstock angle looks bloody weird compared to a Gibson though 
    I’ve just taken ownership of an Epi Bjorn Gelotte LPC last week and have similar views - the headstock doesn’t bother me at all in person, and the QC on the rest of the guitar is top notch. No complaints from me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I think epiphone have produced some quality instruments of late. A recent explorer I had of theirs was a really nice playing well put together instrument regardless of its price. 
  • johnl said:
    I've just ordered a second one (which I'll have resprayed as a goldtop) which should give you a clue how impressed I am with this one :) It's a great guitar with quality parts and sounds fantastic. You won't regret buying one.
     @johnl did you go ahead with the gold top? How do you feel about the old glory now you've had it for a while?
    @lovestrat74 - In the end I cancelled the other order as I was getting perhaps a bit overexcited. It's a good guitar and sounds great but honestly I reach for my Gibson over it every time. That said these are £400ish now and still really good value if you like a massive baseball bat neck. 
  • johnl said:
    @lovestrat74 - In the end I cancelled the other order as I was getting perhaps a bit overexcited. It's a good guitar and sounds great but honestly I reach for my Gibson over it every time. That said these are £400ish now and still really good value if you like a massive baseball bat neck. 
    Yes I played one today and it was a lot of fun and unbelievable for the money. Not sure whether the 1 pickup novelty may wear off tho
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I didn't buy one of these in the end, but I might still pick one up if I find it cheap.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• I couldn’t live with the headstock in the end but I like the new epi headstock 

Ended up dropping £2700 on a gold top R7 Single pickup model and it’s a monster axe :)
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really like the look of these . And a floyd 1000 init too 

https://youtu.be/lkb777Ix69w
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22871
    Ended up dropping £2700 on a gold top R7 Single pickup model and it’s a monster axe :)
    Slightly higher up the price scale!

Looks great, very similar to an EC1000 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

If they'd only make a left handed version I'd be kicking their doors down. But, no, not for us...
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I couldn’t live with the headstock in the end but I like the new epi headstock 

Do we know if this guitar will go over to the new headstock type ?

Also pics of that R7 sounds dreamy ! 
  • Philly_Q said:
    Slightly higher up the price scale!
    Yes just a little lol 
    edited February 2020
    DrBob said:
    I couldn’t live with the headstock in the end but I like the new epi headstock 

Ended up dropping £2700 on a gold top R7 Single pickup model and it’s a monster axe
    Do we know if this guitar will go over to the new headstock type ?

Also pics of that R7 sounds dreamy ! 
    I hope they do change the headstock as I could live with the new one. Looks pretty good 

My NGD thread from back in November 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/168133/ngd-gibson-les-paul-r7-gold-top-single-pickup#latest
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited February 2020
    impmann said:
    I think you lot are missing the point here - this is based on Jared’s own Epi that he modded  himself. The plate is/was his idea to cover the holes originally left by the original stop tail. Its a signature guitar based on a guitar he’s played for years.

My suggestion would be to infill the holes with matchsticks and then build up layers of back nail varnish over the top. Then micro mesh pads to knock it back to flush with the top layer of paint, then a good quality cutting compound and polish to bring the shine back. It’ll be all but invisible. Hope that helps.
    Wis'd

Fender were smart enough to include a decal in the tom morello sig which you can put on yourself if you want to. 

Epiphone could do the same thing here. I'd bet most folks would leave it off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:
    impmann said:
    I think you lot are missing the point here - this is based on Jared’s own Epi that he modded  himself. The plate is/was his idea to cover the holes originally left by the original stop tail. Its a signature guitar based on a guitar he’s played for years.

My suggestion would be to infill the holes with matchsticks and then build up layers of back nail varnish over the top. Then micro mesh pads to knock it back to flush with the top layer of paint, then a good quality cutting compound and polish to bring the shine back. It’ll be all but invisible. Hope that helps.
    Wis'd

Fender were smart enough to include a decal in the tom morello sig which you can put on yourself if you want to. 

Epiphone could do the same thing here. I'd bet most folks would leave it off. 
    It looks naff with it on but equally naff with the two screw holes showing given that the drilling underneath has been ropey