2019 (Bristol) South West Jam Song List Discussion

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Brocco said:
    @Legionsreturns - we'll have a cuppa waiting!
    A? 

Singular? 

You'll have to do better than that dear boy! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mrkb said:
    Order seems OK, but I’d be very surprised if each song can be done in 10 mins (might be better to have 15 mins per song), ...
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree. I was just following the time allotted in the previous schedule (increasing it for Comfortably Numb on the basis that it is about twice as long as the others).
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    mart said:
    Comfortably Numb ... about twice as long as the others.
    Not if it is played in the style of The Ramones. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Noob question:  For various family/health reasons I've not kept up to speed with this discussion but thought I'd come along to the @Alnico workshops which would constitute my first ever lesson (I'm only 56).  Now it seems that they aren't happening, what are people expected to do whilst the playlist is being 'played'?  Are there random jams? practices? other stuff? 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    The rehearsal rooms can be used for a variety of purposes - run-thru of your live room tracks with the others you will be in the band with, informal jamming, learning songs from each other, trying each others gear (with permission!), having a natter, etc.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    uncledick said:
    Noob question:  For various family/health reasons I've not kept up to speed with this discussion but thought I'd come along to the @Alnico workshops which would constitute my first ever lesson (I'm only 56).  Now it seems that they aren't happening, what are people expected to do whilst the playlist is being 'played'?  Are there random jams? practices? other stuff? 
    Dude...I plan to have all the backing tracks available on mp3 player so you could jam along to those in another room, maybe with cans if you prefer...my Kemper will also be there to fiddle with....youll find something to do ;-) 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    mart said:
    mrkb said:
    Order seems OK, but I’d be very surprised if each song can be done in 10 mins (might be better to have 15 mins per song), ...
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree. I was just following the time allotted in the previous schedule (increasing it for Comfortably Numb on the basis that it is about twice as long as the others).
    Yes agreed....but we had to start somewhere to see how it all fits together...as previous Jams we will just start then get through as quick as we can...time becomes irrelevant after a while....but based on the fact that we barely have complete bands for the 2nd round of songs, we should be ok .  

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited May 2019
    Ok, take 2 for my attempt at sorting the songs.

Based on the suggestions above I've pushed all the line up #2 songs to the back of the list, and I've also made a guess at filling in the critical vacancies in line up #2 songs, usually by putting the #1 volunteer in to cover for line up #2 as well (or by filling in @Funkfingers or myself for bass duties, as I think we're reconciled to being the house bassists for the day).

All of these additions are annotated with a (?), so please check through if you're unhappy about any of these. We still need a vocalist for All Right Now - I'm guessing @TimmyO could do without the pressure of us wanting him to sing it twice, and if we have an alternative vocalist for line up #2, then that person could probably also stand in for Timmy for line up #1 if required, to further take the pressure off. 

I've shuffled the order a little and made sure that nobody apart from Conor and myself are doing more than 3 songs in a row. And I've changed the timings to allow 15 minutes per song (or 30 minutes for the Grateful Dead-style version of Comfortably Numb that I've pencilled in to offset the Ramones-style suggestion made above ).

Time  Song  Line Up    Drums  Vocals  Bass  Guitar 1 (solo)  Guitar 2  Guitar 3  
    11:00  Teenage Kicks  #1    Conor  Legionreturns  mart  mrkb  Legionreturns    
    11:15  Sit Down  #1    Conor  Legionreturns  mart  Legionreturns  Spark240    
    11:30  My Hero  #1    Conor  mrkb  mart  roberty  Spark240    
    11:45  Rocks  #1    Conor  mrkb  mart  MagicPigDetective  mrkb    
    12:00  Ironman  #1    Conor  roberty  roberty  MagicPigDetective  Spark240(?)    
    12:15  Motorcycle Emptiness  #1    Conor  Legionreturns  roberty  mart  mrkb    
    12:30  All Right Now  #1    Conor  TimmyO  Legionreturns  mart  Spark240    
    12:45  Be Yourself  #1    Conor  mrkb  roberty  Vibetronic  Brocco  mrkb  
    13:00  Rock And Roll  #1    Conor  roberty  Legionreturns  Vibetronic  Spark240    
    13:15  Pump It Up  #1    Conor  mart  Funkfingers  Spark240  Bernie H    
    13:30  Just Like Heaven  #1    Conor  roberty  roberty  mart  MagicPigDetective    
    13:45  Comfortably Numb  #1    mrkb  mart  Legionreturns  mart  clarkefan  Spark240  
    14:15  My Hero  #2    Conor(?)  Nickos236  Funkfingers(?)  Spark240  Nickos236     
    14:30  Rocks  #2    Conor(?)  Nickos236  mart(?)  Spark240  Bernie H    
    14:45  Born to Be Wild  #1    Conor  TimmyO  mart  mrkb  TimmyO    
    15:00  All Right Now  #2    Conor(?)    Spark240  roberty  Brocco  Bernie H  
    15:15  You Really Got Me  #1    Conor  roberty  Spark240  Vibetronic  clarkefan    
    15:30  Teenage Kicks  #2    Conor(?)  Legionreturns  Spark240  mrkb(?)  Brocco  Bernie H  
    15:45  Comfortably Numb  #2    Conor(?)  mart(?)  mart(?)  roberty  mrkb    
    16:15  Sit Down  #2    Conor(?)  Nickos236  mart(?)  Spark240  Nickos236  Bernie H  
    16:30  Ironman  #2    Conor(?)  Nickos236  Funkfingers(?)  MagicPigDetective(?)  Nickos236  Spark240  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Uh-oh. Once again, somebody has pencilled me in to play bass guitar on songs that I have never knowingly listened to in my life. The words train and wreck spring to mind.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Uh-oh. Once again, somebody has pencilled me in to play bass guitar on songs that I have never knowingly listened to in my life. The words train and wreck spring to mind.
    Happy to take those two @Funkfingers , already doing one on bass and the other on guitar so won't be taxing

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Looks good @mart - one thing though, are we going to let Conor go to the toilet?
    roberty said:
    Happy to take those two @Funkfingers , already doing one on bass and the other on guitar so won't be taxing
    Thank you muchly.

Even with the best will in the world, I am unlikely to learn songs at short notice - especially for no fee. 

This is where sight reading would be advantageous. Too bad that I can not.
    roberty said:
    Looks good @mart - one thing though, are we going to let Conor go to the toilet?
    Between every song on the list, there will be a change of personnel, checking of tuning, control settings and levels. This will be Conor’s opportunity to nip out for toilet, rehydration or nicotine breaks.

There should also be intermittent breaks for those operating the recording equipment. Hence, another break for Conor.
    @mart ; - If you change the running order on the Google sheet, I can print a load off next week?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    @mart ; - If you change the running order on the Google sheet, I can print a load off next week?

Ok, but I don’t think I have edit permission. @mrkb are you the one to grant me permission to edit the google sheet?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    mart said:
    spark240 said:

Ok, but I don’t think I have edit permission. @mrkb are you the one to grant me permission to edit the google sheet?

Yes, can you request access through the googlesheet -  don't know how todo this directly.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mart said:
    spark240 said:

Yes, can you request access through the googlesheet -  don't know how todo this directly.
    Ok, I've just done this. Thanks.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    mart said:
    mrkb said:
    mart said:
    spark240 said:

Ok, I've just done this. Thanks.

Ok, have added you to the editor list.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Thanks to @mrkb for editing rights. I've now changed the google sheet to reflect what I suggested above. 
    mart said:
    Thanks to @mrkb for editing rights. I've now changed the google sheet to reflect what I suggested above. 
    Ok, I will hang on till later in the week for late changes then print a load off.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview