What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    here is a link to some videos of our drummer Conor in action: 

http://youtube.com/channel/UCqCPbGHcAuthbc9s_ihFp3SA/videos

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    "This channel does not exist." 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    oops - please try searching youtube for Conor Ross Harrington instead which should work
    Here's one.

having just listened to Conor's Everlong cover I think we are in for a drumming treat on Saturday!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6813
    Brocco said:
    having just listened to Conor's Everlong cover I think we are in for a drumming treat on Saturday!
    Yep, I’m impressed, but he doesn’t have much of an “old man rock” 4/4 vibe, will he be able to dumb it down for us ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Brocco said:
    I'd be up for doing Everlong.  Love it.
    mrkb said:
    he doesn’t have much of an “old man rock” 4/4 vibe, will he be able to dumb it down for us ;)
    I would be interested in an improvisational blast. Hopefully, that will purge Conor's sophisticated compound time signature drumming urges and he can concentrate on laying down the greasy, danceable grooves.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Just heard that my daughter's been taken ill and is having tests for some strange problem.  I'm gonna have to give this one a miss which is a real shame.  Have a great time and make every note count.
    @uncledick - take good care of your daughter - there will hopefully be another Bristol Jam in the future and it goes without saying that we hope to see/meet you at that one. 
    roberty said:
    Happy to take those two Funkfingers , already doing one on bass and the other on guitar so won't be taxing
    If it helps, I will play bass on one rendition of Comfy. (Think of it as penance for my not playing some of the other songs.) If I bring a bass with a D-Tuner extender, I can throw in a low D for yez at the end of the verses. ;)

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    roberty said:
    Happy to take those two Funkfingers , already doing one on bass and the other on guitar so won't be taxing
    If it helps, I will play bass on one rendition of Comfy. (Think of it as penance for my not playing some of the other songs.) If I bring a bass with a D-Tuner extender, I can throw in a low D for yez at the end of the verses. ;)

I've learnt the bloody thing now! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Do I need to bring more than a guitar? I’ll have a katana amp in the boot too. My focus has been on playing three songs in the main room, so not thought about bringing any pedals etc. Packing tonight, leaving home tomorrow for Cardiff
    edited June 2019
    Do I need to bring more than a guitar? I’ll have a katana amp in the boot too. My focus has been on playing three songs in the main room, so not thought about bringing any pedals etc. Packing tonight, leaving home tomorrow for Cardiff
    Guitar and amp should be fine. It’s better to have fun playing through what you have rather than spend time playing with kit. Remember to bring a guitar cable, then you can plug into anything that’s free. AND A GUITAR STAND TO AVOID ANY ACCIDENTS.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Do I need to bring more than a guitar? I’ll have a katana amp in the boot too. My focus has been on playing three songs in the main room, so not thought about bringing any pedals etc. Packing tonight, leaving home tomorrow for Cardiff
    Guitar and amp should be fine. It’s better to have fun playing through what you have rather than spend time playing with kit. Remember to bring a guitar cable, then you can plug into anything that’s free. AND A GUITAR STAND TO AVOID ANY ACCIDENTS.
    Thanks. Though I’m afraid I don’t have a guitar stand, only wall hangers. Doh. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    mrkb said:
    I'll be bringing two Hercules double guitar stands with the locks on. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    mrkb said:
    I'll be bringing two Hercules double guitar stands with the locks on. 
    Locking grab stands are best for this days, or leave it in the case.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Just noticed I’m down for a solo on Born To Be Wild, is that right? I haven’t practiced one, but could make something up on the day if needed. But I thought someone else was originally doing the solo?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    mrkb said:
    Just noticed I’m down for a solo on Born To Be Wild, is that right? I haven’t practiced one, but could make something up on the day if needed. But I thought someone else was originally doing the solo?
    the song only really has those few bars I'd hesitate to call it a solo 
    Red ones are better. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    TimmyO said:
    mrkb said:
    the song only really has those few bars I'd hesitate to call it a solo 
    Is somebody down to do the organ solo?