Gibson warning video over trademark infringements

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26627
    You know when you buy a company, and one of the biggest items on the balance sheet is "brand awareness and good will"?

Yeah, that.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    The Epiphone fakes are getting worryingly accurate... today I was working on one of their Silverburst Les Paul Customs - the first one I’ve seen with an excessively steep neck angle so the bridge has to be half an inch up in the air.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    The Epiphone fakes are getting worryingly accurate... today I was working on one of their Silverburst Les Paul Customs - the first one I’ve seen with an excessively steep neck angle so the bridge has to be half an inch up in the air.
    Tbh some of the Chibsons are getting bloody good as well. They seem to be using far better wood sources too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    GoldenEraGuitars said:

Tbh some of the Chibsons are getting bloody good as well. They seem to be using far better wood sources too. 
    Yes, I’ve worked on a couple which have a lot of accurate features, are well-made, and roughly the right weight. There are still a few good ‘tells’ if you’re familiar with the real thing, but some of those can be upgraded too.

Gibson should be a lot more worried about these than other legitimate brands using the body shapes etc.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    GoldenEraGuitars said:

Yes, I’ve worked on a couple which have a lot of accurate features, are well-made, and roughly the right weight. There are still a few good ‘tells’ if you’re familiar with the real thing, but some of those can be upgraded too.

Gibson should be a lot more worried about these than other legitimate brands using the body shapes etc.
    I’ve said just that, elsewhere. China is the biggest threat although I suspect they know this already. They’d never be able to get to the source of the counterfeiting in the Far East so I’m guessing they’re going to start a widespread assault on well known brands in the US
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    edited June 2019
    I've just seen a Guitar retailer making a comment on an amp company's Instagram post. The amp company are making a little joke about the Gibson issue, only in a tame way, and the retailer, (who doesn't sell said amps but does sell Gibsons) has made a rather short but possibly unprofessional comment. 
  • I've just seen a Guitar retailer making a comment on an amp company's Instagram post. The amp company are making a little joke about the Gibson issue, only in a tame way, and the retailer, (who doesn't sell said amps but does sell Gibsons) has made a rather short but possibly unprofessional comment. 
    Link link!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18824
    ^ +1
    Or even a screen grab.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18824
    Anyone seen this manufacturer's guitars.
    https://maybach-guitars.de/en

Chopper Agnesi will getcha  :o
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've just seen a Guitar retailer making a comment on an amp company's Instagram post. The amp company are making a little joke about the Gibson issue, only in a tame way, and the retailer, (who doesn't sell said amps but does sell Gibsons) has made a rather short but possibly unprofessional comment. 
    Link link!

I feel kinda guilty putting it up...even though I want to...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Link link!

Go for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Link link!

Please don't, think of all the joy Gibson have given us over the years. They've been through enough now, have a heart.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    If it's Instagram, it's already out there.  Let's see it.
    I can’t find the retailer comment. But I’m assuming the amp maker is orange?
    The Marshall knob is a dead give-away 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    terada said:
    The Marshall knob is a dead give-away 

Not sure which comment @Musicman20 was referring to,  but there are some funny ones on there.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Couldn’t find the retailer comment either.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Anyone seen this manufacturer's guitars.
    https://maybach-guitars.de/en

Chopper Agnesi will getcha  :o
    Their line of guitars is very imaginative. 
    tFB Trader
    Gibson’s last few Instagram posts are farcical. I don’t think anyone has commented on the post itself. Absolutely hilarious