Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835

This has got to be a joke right? Xhaka as captain?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49850242

All I can make of this is perhaps Emery thinks by giving him the responsibility it may calm his aggression down a bit. Maybe.

Either that or he's taken to hard drugs!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggy said:

All I can make of this is perhaps Emery thinks by giving him the responsibility it may calm his aggression down a bit. Maybe.

He's meant to have October off for the birth of his child!

I can't really see another natural leaders in the side though, maybe Holding in a few years
    proggy said:

I can't really see another natural leaders in the side though, maybe Holding in a few years

I can't really see any either, Holding could be one for the future and maybe Guendouzi when he's a bit older, he seems passionate about the game.
  • proggy said:
    proggy said:

I can't really see any either, Holding could be one for the future and maybe Guendouzi when he's a bit older, he seems passionate about the game.
    Yes, I always like captains to be defenders, midfield is alright though. Guendouzi has been great since he's come in, wouldn't have noticed he's only 20 but he's got a lot of fight in him and isn't scared to take the ball under pressure. Lots of energy and finally a player who wants to fight for the team.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Lestratcaster said:

Bloody hell, I thought my wife's labour was bad at 40 hours
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited September 2019
    axisus said:
    Lestratcaster said:

You can say what you like about our dear Granit, but he's like a rock to his dear wife
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    Lestratcaster said:

You can say what you like about our dear Granit, but he's like a rock to his dear wife
    Just a shame he's not like a rock to our midfield.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    MNF - Man U v Arsenal - 1 v 1 - Good game to watch for a neutral - Both had chances to win throughout the night - Yet both need more than this to make the top 4 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    MNF - Man U v Arsenal - 1 v 1 - Good game to watch for a neutral - Both had chances to win throughout the night - Yet both need more than this to make the top 4 
    Really?  I'm a utd fan so maybe bias.. but the game was total shite.  Neither team showed any real quality.

Thoughts on VAR?  I agreed their goal should have stood, but wtf did VAR ignore their handball?  It was a penalty to my eyes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Second half was a bit better for us (Gooner here). Saka impressive, pacey and looks right at home. Guendouzi has terrific spirit and workrate. When I first saw the team sheet and saw Sokratis and Luiz were the centre back pairing I thought here we go, another goal rout. Aubameyang's finish classy, he was a mile onside so dunno what the lino was smoking.
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Really?  I'm a utd fan so maybe bias.. but the game was total shite.  Neither team showed any real quality.

Thoughts on VAR?  I agreed their goal should have stood, but wtf did VAR ignore their handball?  It was a penalty to my eyes
    I was not a fan of VAR before it was introduced - But I can see the point of it, if it was going to eliminate the obvious incidents as per the 'Hand Of God goal by Maradona - But so far this season and in the last World Cup it is not clear what is going on at times - It is sometimes creating issues by not solving them - I've not seen them all but apparently a few VAR issues at the weekend
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Fair result in the end, not much quality on display but a reasonably entertaining game and a fair result (especially because of the VAR decision).

United need a big result at some point as the belief and confidence is not there.  Saying that we beat PSG and look where that led us.  I think we'll be mid table this year, simply not enough goals in the team to challenge for anything, including top 6.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Man U are totally dire these days. It's painful! Having said that, I can't hate Ole. Not sure we are going anywhere with him though ....
  • Also found it interesting whenever we had a goal kick Leno opted to kick the ball upfield instead of passing it short to Luiz or Sokratis.
    tFB Trader
    I know it is early days still, but

another Man City defeat and at home
    Mufc and another defeat. As it stands today you don’t see them making the top 4. Add Spurs to that list

safe to assume Liverpool and Man City take 1st and 2nd place, but looks wide open after that
    tFB Trader
    Mufc. Just noticed. 8 games played. Failed to win 75% of these games and only scored 9 goals to date 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited October 2019
    Mufc. Just noticed. 8 games played. Failed to win 75% of these games and only scored 9 goals to date 
    Solksjaer was a bizarre choice for manager. Proven managers couldn't do anything with the dross that was there (or could be enticed there) so instead they go for a consistently poor manager to manage such a huge club? Mental
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Solksjaer and Silva sack race currently with Silva leading by a nose 
  • I know it is early days still, but

another Man City defeat and at home
    Mufc and another defeat. As it stands today you don’t see them making the top 4. Add Spurs to that list

safe to assume Liverpool and Man City take 1st and 2nd place, but looks wide open after that
    I particularly like that Spurs are in the lowest league position of all the London clubs. 

I don't even mind that Palace have dropped to 6th with today's results. I only have to scan down the table, quite a long way in fact, to see the relegation pack... which bizarrely includes United and Everton at present. 

Life is good! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Just watching the Man City vs Wolves hilights on MOTD. Last season Wolves often had a really solid defence and scored on the break and they seemed to have refound that. Yay. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.