Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    So nearly time for kick off

Off the big 3 clubs that won't make the top 3 - MUFC, CFC and AFC I think MUFC will  get 4th place - Chelsea will have to start to learn to adapt with FL and bring some 'youth' into the team - Not sure what AFC are trying to achieve based on a poor cup final against CFC and can't see any changes to what was a poor back line

With the schedule that LFC will have in the world club challenge then it looks at this stage that MCFC will top the table - Yet will they achieve what they have spent so much money try to achieve ? - The Champions League - at least the final  

Agree with you @Nitefly - 80M for H  ????????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Unless Arsenal improve their backline then I don't see a top 5 finish possible. For £72m this Pepe guy better produce the goods, or else he'll just be another Marouane Chamakh or Yaya Sanogo. Would have rather we spent that money on 2 new centre backs, Mustafi can fook off as he's just a liability and Koscielny looks like he's off. Even one good quality defender to play alongside Holding would be good. Sokratis isn't bad but lacks pace. Attack-wise we can look very dangerous with the trio of Pepe - Laca - Auba. Replacing Aaron Ramsey isn't easy either I don't know much about this Ceballos guy.
  • The fees paid in the Premier League are bizarre. Especially when you look at the low fees paid in the Championship - where most transfers are actually free or loans. 

Probably the best strategy for a Championship club is to buy lots of players for a few million each, and hope that one or two can be sold for silly money (e.g. Adam Webster to Brighton for £20 million).
    tFB Trader
    So who will be the first PL manager to be fired - Just a hunch today, but 3 to be scared should be Frank/Chelsea - SB/Newcastle - And although a great start for Potter/Brighton, I think they will struggle to avoid the bottom 3
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Do we have a fantasy football league going this year?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    MrSwanson said:
    Do we have a fantasy football league going this year?
    Just came here to ask this very question. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    So who will be the first PL manager to be fired - Just a hunch today, but 3 to be scared should be Frank/Chelsea - SB/Newcastle - And although a great start for Potter/Brighton, I think they will struggle to avoid the bottom 3

Unfortunately, I reckon Steve Bruce will win the sack race, followed by Frank Lampard.
    tFB Trader
    proggy said:

Unfortunately, I reckon Steve Bruce will win the sack race, followed by Frank Lampard.
    I have a big friend who is a NUFC fan and he actually hopes it will be SB first 
    proggy said:

They're a funny lot those Geordies, give the poor bloke a chance, and he's one of their own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    proggy said:
    proggy said:

They're a funny lot those Geordies, give the poor bloke a chance, and he's one of their own.
    He's in that group of managers who seem to keep getting jobs despite lurching from failure to failure.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2019
    What a moment for the young lad. His Dad passed away during the transfer negotiations, so bitter-sweet for sure.

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/detail/daniel-james-goal-in-man-utd-4-chelsea-0
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    munckee said:
    proggy said:
    proggy said:

He's in that group of managers who seem to keep getting jobs despite lurching from failure to failure.

True enough, he didn't do too bad at Birmingham though.
  • City will prove how good they really are. Liverpool and Spurs will keep them honest. Wolves to be the surprise side of the season. Ajax to win the European Cup. An "unfashionable" side to take the FA Cup. 

MUFC will continue pissing about flattering to deceive, but will prove a more difficult side to beat than of late. We will continue the "rebuild" far too ineffectively to make a dent on the surrounding teams progress. 

Looking forward to seeing some great football. 

Have a good un Lads. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Dean Smith in the mix too imo.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    I think southampton (scummers hackspit! : ) manager might be in for a tough season too.
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    proggy said:
    proggy said:

It always amazes me how this happens - Add S McClaren to such a list and going back a few years add Sven
    tFB Trader
    City will prove how good they really are. Liverpool and Spurs will keep them honest. Wolves to be the surprise side of the season. Ajax to win the European Cup. An "unfashionable" side to take the FA Cup. 

MUFC will continue pissing about flattering to deceive, but will prove a more difficult side to beat than of late. We will continue the "rebuild" far too ineffectively to make a dent on the surrounding teams progress. 

Have a good un Lads. 
    I think you'll be entertained some matches with good football, then frustrated other matches - I think after the obvious Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, you should make 4th - Arsenal + Chelsea are IMO not in as good as position, with probably Wolves, Leicester and Everton trying to get in the 5/6 slot 

See you soon and hope the good lady is doing okay
  • City will prove how good they really are. Liverpool and Spurs will keep them honest. Wolves to be the surprise side of the season. Ajax to win the European Cup. An "unfashionable" side to take the FA Cup. 

Have a good un Lads. 
    I think you'll be entertained some matches with good football, then frustrated other matches - I think after the obvious Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, you should make 4th - Arsenal + Chelsea are IMO not in as good as position, with probably Wolves, Leicester and Everton trying to get in the 5/6 slot 

See you soon and hope the good lady is doing okay
    Cheers Mark. Hope you and the family are well too.

Catch you soon, and on this thread throughout the hostilities. 

Take care Pal. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Better start than I expected from Man U. I'm actually feeling more optimistic than I have for any season since Fergie left. Early days. Bit worried about Pogba's attitude though, he can drag a team down.
  • axisus said:
    Better start than I expected from Man U. I'm actually feeling more optimistic than I have for any season since Fergie left. Early days. Bit worried about Pogba's attitude though, he can drag a team down.
    @axisus ...I've waited since 1989 to take the piss after a a palace win at OT. 

Where are you?! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom