Watches, then?

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Neil said:
    spark240 said:
    Get the right size bracelet on the left one (should be 18mm) and take off the bracelet of the Seamaster if you are going to wear it. Those fit-all expandables gouge the inner lugs.

Nice vintage trio.
    Neil.

Can you enlighten me....where could i get the correct items from?

The Seamaster....you suggetc remove the bracelet ...and replace with leather strap?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    spark240 said:
    Neil said:
    spark240 said:
    Get the right size bracelet on the left one (should be 18mm) and take off the bracelet of the Seamaster if you are going to wear it. Those fit-all expandables gouge the inner lugs.

Nice vintage trio.
    Neil.

The Seamaster....you suggetc remove the bracelet ...and replace with leather strap?

Take them both off and fit leather straps. Neither are original parts.

Take them into a decent watch shop/jewellers, pick out the straps you want and they should fit them free.

I've got loads of that sort of stuff here but I'm a long way from you unfortunately.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28616
    I'm confused about all the watch batteries you're talking about?
    Batteries are used by old-fashioned watches such as we had in the 80s. Thankfully they've largely been replaced by the newfangled art of springs, some of which can retain "charge" for almost two days.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    Neil said:
    spark240 said:
    Neil said:
    spark240 said:

Nice vintage trio.
    Neil.

Take them both off and fit leather straps. Neither are original parts.

Take them into a decent watch shop/jewellers, pick out the straps you want and they should fit them free.

I've got loads of that sort of stuff here but I'm a long way from you unfortunately.
    Watch gecko have good straps at sensible prices:-
    https://www.watchgecko.com/
    also available in your favourite tat bazaar:-
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WatchGecko
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    Is there any value in having these cleaned up ....the glass is also damaged on the one on the left 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Is there any value in having these cleaned up ....the glass is also damaged on the one on the left 
    If it is a crack in the crystal it will need replacing, but it is only plastic so won't set you back too much.

If it is only superficial you can polish it up with Brasso or similar.

As regards to value, if you are going to sell them, just leave as is. Some people like to clean them up themselves.
    Nah....not selling...just like to have them looking nice.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30939
    Very pleased with this

Although the ticking sound tone is a little fizzy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I still have a pristine TAG F1 in Green
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    During my charity shop rounds the other day, I found the following watch. Some of the gold plating has chipped away, albeit in harder-to-see places, but it's in relatively good condition for its age and it keeps perfect time. Along with my Omega Geneve, this has fuelled a desire to pursue collecting swiss watches as hobby. I love them. Oh, and if anyone is interested, this little gem cost me the princely sum of £3.25p...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    beed84 said:
    During my charity shop rounds the other day, I found the following watch. Some of the gold plating has chipped away, albeit in harder-to-see places, but it's in relatively good condition for its age and it keeps perfect time. Along with my Omega Geneve, this has fuelled a desire to pursue collecting swiss watches as hobby. I love them. Oh, and if anyone is interested, this little gem cost me the princely sum of £3.25p...

Nice work.    I should come and check out the charity shops near you!  
  • danodano Frets: 1595
    beed84 said:

Get the fuck out! That is an amazing find.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Yeah, I was pretty chuffed when I found it and even happier that it was working. Certainly a keeper :-)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27164
    Lovely! I do like a Hamilton :)

As for me, I had a somewhat-unexpected bit of inheritance a couple of weeks ago, so I'm looking at Speedmasters. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24843
    beed84 said:

Compared to the Patek Philippe I found in a skip, you were robbed....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    @stickyfiddle that would be a great way to spend some free money. I'm hankering after a Speedmaster too!

@richerhomer wow, okay, I'll let you have that one. A skip, though. Jesus...
    Excellent find @beed84 for £3.25! :)

Older Hamiltons are generally very nice watches, some with micro-rotor movements.

Finding good quality vintage watches in charity shops, flea markets etc is incredibly satisfying.

As for me, I had a somewhat-unexpected bit of inheritance a couple of weeks ago, so I'm looking at Speedmasters. 

They are over-rated. ;)

DSCN0488 - Click to view full size photo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27164
    Neil said:

They are over-rated. ;)

:D 

Lovely set.

I'll be going for the regular Pro. Fairly sure I want the sapphire sandwich for the caseback, though I'd prefer hesalite on the front, which isn't a combination you can get at the moment. 

It's strange, Rolexes are EVERYWHERE in the middle east to the point they've lost a lot of appeal for me. Every other bugger's got one and half of them are dicks. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Neil said:

They are over-rated. ;)

:D 

Lovely set.

I'll be going for the regular Pro. Fairly sure I want the sapphire sandwich for the caseback, though I'd prefer hesalite on the front, which isn't a combination you can get at the moment. 

It's strange, Rolexes are EVERYWHERE in the middle east to the point they've lost a lot of appeal for me. Every other bugger's got one and half of them are dicks. 

Just get the regular Pro 3570-50.

Best all rounder and nearest thing you will get to a Moon watch.