Watches, then?

What's Hot

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I like 80s retro watches and retro style watches. My favourite is my stainless steel Casio with the still-working miniature bulb for illumination.

I have everything made by Japanese retro-watch maker Eleeno, I'm not sure if they still make them now though, e.g.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Basher said:
    @chillidoggy I see what you mean. It's unfortunate as I can assure you that my political views are very much towards the left of centre and, being half Irish, I have significant issues with much of what passes for English patriotism.

Apologies! 

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Basher said:
    @chillidoggy I see what you mean. It's unfortunate as I can assure you that my political views are very much towards the left of centre and, being half Irish, I have significant issues with much of what passes for English patriotism.

Apologies! 
    No need to apologise mate!
    I realise what you were saying. It looked like I was trying to do some kind of fascist salute as opposed to trying to take a pic of the watch on my wrist (I was worried it would look too big and wanted to see what it would look like "on"). Combine it with the shaved head (out of shot) and considerable bulk (partially in shot) and you do indeed have a classic look of one of our right-wing, intellectually challenged brethren.
  • vizviz Frets: 10717
    I just ordered me one of these:
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141036506686?nav=SEARCH
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    viz said:
    I just ordered me one of these:
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141036506686?nav=SEARCH
    Cool!
    My V key is broken
    I'm such a watch-tart. I swing between bling and plain like you wouldn't believe. That Mondaine looks cool at the moment, but on the other hand, I still like the ones that have the numerals on the face, so I can actually tell the time.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    I'm such a watch-tart. I swing between bling and plain like you wouldn't believe. That Mondaine looks cool at the moment, but on the other hand, I still like the ones that have the numerals on the face, so I can actually tell the time.
    You're allowed more than one, you know. Just saying...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sticky, if you could see the pathetic watch collection I have at the moment, you'd disown me.

More than usual.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBotfieldNickBotfield Frets: 143
    My Seiko sea urchin arrived today from Creation Watches.  The DHL tracking information was very exciting to follow!

It's a fucking lovely watch.  Well done to @stickyfiddle for getting one and making me aware of them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    You're allowed more than one, you know. Just saying...
    It follows the n+1 rule like guitars and bikes! 

Must be why I have 10 watches then. Although Getting rid of 4 of them :( 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flatoutflatout Frets: 16
    I bought my £500 Tag Heuer in 1996 and it still looks absolutely pristine - minor scratches only. Sailed through the pressure test at the last battery change too…. But their prices seem to have skyrocketed and I don't like the current range as much. There's no reason you'd ever need another one if you get a quality watch, but that hasn't stopped me admiring Longines in jewellers recently!
    Longines Master series?

Longines Master series?
    Yes please! 
    I'm very tempted.

I'm very tempted.
    I was looking at the Black face chrono when I was looking at potential 30th birthday presents. The Omega Seamaster won but I'd still love one!
    I like the chronograph ones with the silver face and leather strap, although I'd go for a steel strap in reality. I'm not sure about the moon phase ones, though.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I really liked this video of Nomos Glashütte watches being put together by hand. I also like the fact that there is no music, just appropriate sound effects.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've been bitten by the watch bug again. Traded some Nectar points to EBay vouchers, chucked in a few quid and ordered this:

Skx009k1. Same movement as the Japanese one but £20 cheaper.

I'm also gonna get a Parnis Sterile Sub or Invicta Sub next month.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    edited September 2014
    Nice :)

I currently fancy something field/pilot on brown leather Nato for my next. Hamiltons look very nice but not quite an every-day price. Mind you, I could probably find a "Chamilton" or some such in the dodgy bits of Dubai... ;)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires