Any Golfers on the forum?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    My club has minimal dress code in fact the jeans and can of Sella look is often seen !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    We have just relaxed  the clubhouse dress at ours a little. I think it’s all Nonsense in any case.
    Where's your home course mate? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Tuck your  shirt in your scruffy bugger , you wouldn’t be allowed on our track looking like that :-)
    You know when I posted the pic I thought 'someone is going to comment on untucked shirt' lol

I usually am spik n span even on courses such as the one I played this afternoon which have little dress code.
    Also, get a white glove FFS. You're not Tommy Gainey. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    joneve said:

Tuck your  shirt in your scruffy bugger , you wouldn’t be allowed on our track looking like that :-)
    You know when I posted the pic I thought 'someone is going to comment on untucked shirt' lol

I usually am spik n span even on courses such as the one I played this afternoon which have little dress code.
    @strumjoughlamps ;

You wear whatever you're comfortable in mate - my main course also doesn't have a proper dress code and I couldn't have been more grateful. There are some great players there and nobody cares about someone else's shirt being tucked in or glove being the right colour. Shorts on and tee off! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:
    We have just relaxed  the clubhouse dress at ours a little. I think it’s all Nonsense in any case.
    Where's your home course mate?
    Coxmoor in Nottinghamshire 
    joneve said:

@strumjoughlamps ;

You wear whatever you're comfortable in mate - my main course also doesn't have a proper dress code and I couldn't have been more grateful. There are some great players there and nobody cares about someone else's shirt being tucked in or glove being the right colour. Shorts on and tee off! 
    I should have added a winky emoji as I was 100% joking. But hopefully Dave knows me well enough to know that by now :) 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    well wee change of plan for me tomorrow, northcliffe no more now playing here instead

https://www.shipleygolf.co.uk/hole-1

and the lad i am playing used to be a member so suspect i shall be getting my arse handed to me tomorrow 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

I'm off to Hoebridge as normal on Saturday morning. 6:52 tee time.

Lightning forecast. Should be interesting.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited July 2019
    Game 3 of my post frozen-shoulder comeback on Sat. Nice late start after the ladies comp has got underway (and hopefully rain cleared).  Crap 28 handicap player - my only golf ambition is to get to a 27 h/c
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3285
    edited July 2019
    I teed off today and hit bogey 4 on the first hole..

Oh that's right it wasn't me it was Rory Mcilroy
    If Rory is taking a +4 imagine what us mere hackers would do :open_mouth: 

new course for me tomorrow so anything in the 90s i will be happy with 
  • Teeing off at 5pm 2 ball but with the Open on I am expecting busier than usual so might not get all 18 in. Its cheap rate time though (£7.45) so no biggy 
    edited July 2019
    Absolute fucking disaster of a round today, still pretty ropey after a hefty ear infection/virus this week, probably shouldn’t have played, felt weak and awful, worst round I have played in a very very long time. Stupid game 
    Absolute fucking disaster of a round today, still pretty ropey after a hefty ear infection/virus this week, probably shouldn’t have played, felt weak and awful, worst round I have played in a very very long time. Stupid game 
    :D Sums golf up perfectly.....

until the next time you flush a long iron in from 180 yards to within 10 feet....aaaaaaaand it's the greatest game ever again. 
    @joneve I had 3 pars today all on par 3s 
    problem was I just didn’t have the energy or strength to hit anything a decent distance, I did pull off possibly the greatest trick shot ever. In the trees hit a 5 iron flush, hit the tree 40 feet away dead centre, ball came back towards and proceeded to stop right in the divot I had just created hitting the shot, inch perfect. Not even tiger woods can pull that one off. 
  • I managed to get all 18 in and ended up having a very decent round, mainly bogeys but a couple of pars and a corking birdie after landing here on a 188yd par3...

And what a stat for the day.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I managed to get all 18 in and ended up having a very decent round, mainly bogeys but a couple of pars and a corking birdie after landing here on a 188yd par3...

And what a stat for the day.

Those stats can't be right, that's about 5 mph? Do you run round the course?! :D 

Nice shot though. Such a great feeling when stuff like that happens! 
    15 miles in 3 hours? Holy shit speed golf 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3285
    edited July 2019
    @joneve @mikeyrob73 that's for the whole day not just golf, the 182 min is vigorous exercise 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Off to Hurtmore again this afternoon, shot 95 last week so 25 over, was fairly happy but had the score down to below 90 in the bar after!