Boss SY-1

What's Hot

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    stonevibe said:
    Looks like a really well thought our synth pedal and the price is really good as well. Will have to see what people think once they get their hands on them.

Not usually my thing, but could be epic with a fuzz box!
    The guy from Pedal Zone puts his fuzz in the loop of the SY-1! 

Might try that with some delay/reverb 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

These guys make my favourite pedal review vids.

Whilst they obviously get some help and are involved with some cool companies, they have a laid back more fun attitude towards music, not just more YouTube blues playing.

Experimental and punk. 

Plus they play in actual good bands.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    ADP said:
    I’ve got a bunch of older Roland guitar synth kit and some of the newer stuff, including the GP-10, GR-55 and VG-99, all of which do reasonable versions of the sounds of the GR-300 (and a lot more). I’d just like a stompbox I could plug a regular guitar into and get the same sound from without the need for additional pickups and cables.
    Agreed, the 13-pin units get close although not quite there (and thanks to @ADP, I've got a real GR-300 to compare!). Nothing I heard from the demos seem to suggest this one gets any closer and I'd be extremely surprised if it did.
    BTW anyone know an actual release date as I definitely want one...
    Some retailers were making the (possibly hasty) suggestion that they'd have stock in this month, others are saying middle of next month.

I've asked the guy who runs the guitar shop near me to ask when they're due as he's an official Boss supplier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:
    Some retailers were making the (possibly hasty) suggestion that they'd have stock in this month, others are saying middle of next month.

I've asked the guy who runs the guitar shop near me to ask when they're due as he's an official Boss supplier. 

Oh so hopefully soon...that is good. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    I’m certainly not going to do this ‘pre-order’ nonsense.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited July 2019
    ICBM said:
    I’m certainly not going to do this ‘pre-order’ nonsense.
    I'm torn, I definitely want one but wonder if the "pre-order" price is likely to vary much? As in, is the price is likely to go up once stock is available? If so, pre--ordering might be worthwhile. If it's likely to stay the same then there's no point, might as well just wait.
    Beexter said:

I'm torn, I definitely want one but wonder if the "pre-order" price is likely to vary much? As in, is the price is likely to go up once stock is available? If so, pre--ordering might be worthwhile. If it's likely to stay the same then there's no point, might as well just wait.
    Past experience suggests that it will come down once shops have physical stock and are competing with each other. Past experience also suggests that the delivery date will be pushed back once they've got your money... sometimes more than once.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    I wonder if these will end my Digitech BSW addiction?

Mmm
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Want.

Massive appeal from me is the simplicity, yet actually very flexible.
    Great sounds 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Well if I could sell my f@@king OD-1 I might just get one, really liking what I’m hearing so far and that was an excellent demo vid btw
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Sounds interesting. 
    For me tho be more a  case of once people start selling them second hand...then maybe  :/
  • Argh! This is making me GAS for an SY 300 as I'd really need the midi control...I wonder if there is an update planned to the SY300?
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Argh! This is making me GAS for an SY 300 as I'd really need the midi control...I wonder if there is an update planned to the SY300?
    Somehow I doubt it, :(
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    It's fantastic that Boss are clearly making something so welcome and appreciated, but to be honest the only word that came to mind when I listened to the Pedal Zone vid was "Bontempi".
    Out of stock but available to order at Rimmer's music for £150 - assuming this is legit. https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/boss-sy1-synthesizer-fx-pedal-p45256
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    sorry, just dont get it, seems a lot of gimmicky unpractical sounds,very very occasional use. How would you use this playing live. if you have it set up for a certain sound then changing it seems very complicated. Seems to be well liked here so im missing something but for that reason...i,m out
    sorry, just dont get it, seems a lot of gimmicky unpractical sounds,very very occasional use. How would you use this playing live. if you have it set up for a certain sound then changing it seems very complicated. Seems to be well liked here so im missing something but for that reason...i,m out
    It's probably just not your thing. 

Conversely, it is very much my thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:

Conversely, it is very much my thing. 
    Likewise. I've always wanted to be able to make my guitar sound like an analogue synthesiser - if possible without having to modify any of my somewhat hamfisted guitar technique (or at least not much), and even better if it can be done without extra pickups and complex multi-pin cables.