Boss SY-1

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    impmann said:
    No response. Returned for refund.
    As you were.
    Oh bollocks I would have taken it off your hands - didn’t see this. What didn’t you like about it? 

In central London yesterday:

Wunjo - haven’t got it
    Macaris - sold the last one 10 mins ago
    Rose Morris - ‘we stock Boss but we’ve never heard of this’. 

Unfortunately, I'm not even shocked by this in central London. Every time I've visited I've left disappointed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    impmann said:
    No response. Returned for refund.
    As you were.
    Oh bollocks I would have taken it off your hands - didn’t see this. What didn’t you like about it? 

In central London yesterday:

Wunjo - haven’t got it
    Macaris - sold the last one 10 mins ago
    Rose Morris - ‘we stock Boss but we’ve never heard of this’. 
    TBH, I found the sounds a little disappointing. The pad sounds were not really very good - I've achieved better with a Mooer Slow Engine into a cheap flanger and a Tera Echo. The string sounds were terrible (and didn't sound like strings) and I just couldn't find a use for the arpeggios. As for the noise FX... 

Anyway - the tracking was first rate (much better than anything Hex pickup/piezo driven that I've played) and bonehead simple to use. 

I returned mine to Bonners in Eastbourne... if you want one still. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72360
    edited August 2019
    impmann said:

August 1st

Mine arrived yesterday.

Sounds epic for the short time I’ve had playing it.
    impmann said:

August 2nd

I’ve decided it’s not for me.
    impmann said:

August 3rd

Returned for refund.
    impmann said:

TBH, I found the sounds a little disappointing. The pad sounds were not really very good - I've achieved better with a Mooer Slow Engine into a cheap flanger and a Tera Echo. The string sounds were terrible (and didn't sound like strings) and I just couldn't find a use for the arpeggios. As for the noise FX...
    The Circle Of Gear in a nutshell .

Not having a go at you personally! We've all done it...

My last one was quite epic, a £2.5K Gibson which I thought was the best guitar I'd ever owned - for about a week, before I found it gave me hand cramps.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    impmann said:

August 1st

Mine arrived yesterday.

Sounds epic for the short time I’ve had playing it.
    impmann said:

August 2nd

I’ve decided it’s not for me.
    impmann said:

August 3rd

Returned for refund.
    impmann said:

The Circle Of Gear in a nutshell .

Not having a go at you personally! We've all done it...

My last one was quite epic, a £2.5K Gibson which I thought was the best guitar I'd ever owned - for about a week, before I found it gave me hand cramps.
    Blimey mate... too much time on your hands. ;-)

But yes, initially I found one epic sound... and then I fiddled with the controls... and never found it again!!!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72360
    impmann said:

Blimey mate... too much time on your hands. ;-)
    lol

Still on holiday ;). Start back tomorrow... 

impmann said:

But yes, initially I found one epic sound... and then I fiddled with the controls... and never found it again!!!
    That's why I found the old GR300 frustrating - no means of saving the sounds, other than writing down the settings or photographing the unit. I got a couple of really great sounds out of it but finding them again - let alone quickly switching between them - was very difficult.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I kinda wanna try one. It sounds better than the Enzo to me.

Bye!

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Oh blinking shitsticks, these now not going to be in most stores until end of September / early October according to delivery estimates. 
  • Fuengi said:
    Oh blinking shitsticks, these now not going to be in most stores until end of September / early October according to delivery estimates. 
    Yeah I’ve just been checking around today - looks like 4-6 weeks minimum. Macaris told me they expect stock earlier than that but didn’t know when. 
    Fuengi said:
    Yeah I’ve just been checking around today - looks like 4-6 weeks minimum. Macaris told me they expect stock earlier than that but didn’t know when. 

Last week delivery was scheduled (Andertons, PMT, Dawson's etc) for the end of the month so there has been a change. 

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:

Last week delivery was scheduled (Andertons, PMT, Dawson's etc) for the end of the month so there has been a change. 

I can ask the guy in my local shop to order some in if you want - provided he can get them a bit earlier. I took the last one a couple of weeks ago but he said he was ordering more then. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    There should be a B-stock one at Bonners in Eastbourne...

impmann said:
    There should be a B-stock one at Bonners in Eastbourne...
    Emailed them this morning, none in stock and they have one on order for the end of the month! 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Sound Affects now has the SY-1 in stock according to the email I've just received, in case anyone wants it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Just bought one from Sound Affects, they have a few left
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Now showing as out of stock :(
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Just got my email confirming the order has been dispatched so must have got in just in time! First new pedal purchase in a very long time and really looking forward to it. 
  • sgosden said:

Does the sy300 have everything the sy1 does (plus more obviously) ?

Having got a SY-300 on my board, and having a flick through the SY-1 manual, Id say yes.  The 300 is definitely more flexible with more effects in it so it can cover a lot of ground beyond synth stuff, eg delay, slicer, OD, EQ, modulation.
  • I do like this demo for the SY-300, as it is just not about the wacky sounds.

How's everyone getting on with theirs? I've gone a bit lukewarm since watching the only Mike Hermans video ever that I didn't like on it.