Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot
1151617181921»

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5630
    roberty said:
    @Haych I stuffed mine with polyester teddy bear foam and it tamed the mid hump quite nicely. I still have a massive bag of it if you want some 
    @roberty, you absolute monster, you!  How many stuffed bears had to die in the search of improved tone?

Yeah, go on then I'll take some - PM me some deets and I'll wing some dosh your way to cover postage.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Just put an order in too :) current on a new year "sale" . 
    Tax and all in £240
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    edited January 2021
    sgosden said:
    Just put an order in too current on a new year "sale" . 
    Tax and all in £240
    Mines Just arrived 
    Ordered 3rd January , Was told two days ago that it would be delivered in March! 

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    roberty said:
    I just stuffed my spark cab with polyester foam. It has sorted out the weird hump in the low mids. I have shit loads of this stuff now so if anyone wants some I can send it out to you for the price of postage

These speakers sound better overall but I don't think they have the excursion needed to amplify a guitar. Some buzzing/rattling noises. Also I had to hack the brackets to bits with tin snips to make them fit. I will try something a bit more robust in the new year

Overall I am still enjoying the amp but I don't think the stock speakers and cabinet colouration bring out the best in it

hi @roberty ,
    just aquired a spark amp and have been reading your solution to sort out the low mids problem.
    can i be cheeky and ask any chance of some of that foam please ? 
    pm me how much to cover postage etc.

Cheers
    Mark
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5485
    I shoved pipe insulation foam in the bass port of mine and it's taken the very low end off a little. So it still sounds big and heavy but now just a little clearer as it's lost the low end 'wub'.

https://i.imgur.com/mSxvgiK.jpg

bobblehat said:
    sgosden said:
    Just put an order in too current on a new year "sale" . 
    Tax and all in £240
    Mines Just arrived 
    Ordered 3rd January , Was told two days ago that it would be delivered in March! 

Ooooooohhhhhhh :D 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Now I've spent a little time with the spark I've got to say I'm really impressed with it.

I bought it specifically as a practice tool so I could play at low volumes or with headphones. Given the size and cost of the amp the tones that can be produced at bedroom volume levels are great. One of the things I really like is that ones don't waste practice time creating or looking for tones. Of course you could spend a couple of hours trawling through the tone cloud to find your perfect blues tone or create your own but I've found that there's always a decent one available just a few clicks away. This is also a big plus when you want to switch genres when practicing or just want to have a bit of fun .Some of the Artist specific tones are spot on. 
    The Bluetooth functionality was also a big draw for me and searching for and playing backing tracks via the app is quick simple and intuitive. I know there are countless other ways of doing this but to have all this functionality through one app is great. and  doesn't eat into your playing time. 
    Not used any of the song creation software or recording out so cant comment on that.

In Summary if your looking for a practice amp to use at home then you really cant go wrong with one of these. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    mark123 said:
    roberty said:
    I just stuffed my spark cab with polyester foam. It has sorted out the weird hump in the low mids. I have shit loads of this stuff now so if anyone wants some I can send it out to you for the price of postage

These speakers sound better overall but I don't think they have the excursion needed to amplify a guitar. Some buzzing/rattling noises. Also I had to hack the brackets to bits with tin snips to make them fit. I will try something a bit more robust in the new year

Overall I am still enjoying the amp but I don't think the stock speakers and cabinet colouration bring out the best in it

hi @roberty ,
    just aquired a spark amp and have been reading your solution to sort out the low mids problem.
    can i be cheeky and ask any chance of some of that foam please ? 
    pm me how much to cover postage etc.

Cheers
    Mark
    PMd
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    bobblehat said:
    Now I've spent a little time with the spark I've got to say I'm really impressed with it.

I bought it specifically as a practice tool so I could play at low volumes or with headphones. Given the size and cost of the amp the tones that can be produced at bedroom volume levels are great. One of the things I really like is that ones don't waste practice time creating or looking for tones. Of course you could spend a couple of hours trawling through the tone cloud to find your perfect blues tone or create your own but I've found that there's always a decent one available just a few clicks away. This is also a big plus when you want to switch genres when practicing or just want to have a bit of fun .Some of the Artist specific tones are spot on. 
    The Bluetooth functionality was also a big draw for me and searching for and playing backing tracks via the app is quick simple and intuitive. I know there are countless other ways of doing this but to have all this functionality through one app is great. and  doesn't eat into your playing time. 
    Not used any of the song creation software or recording out so cant comment on that.

In Summary if your looking for a practice amp to use at home then you really cant go wrong with one of these. 
    I've just bought one off this forum,delivered today .
    That ^^^ is exactly what i'm after
    cheers !
    January 16th order turned up yesterday !
    Hoping to have a play at weekend. 
    First impressions are that it's bloody loud as a Bluetooth speaker