Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    My tracking was updated on 21 August with "The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.". It's been 5 days and still not changed... is this normal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5509
    switch625 said:
    My tracking was updated on 21 August with "The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.". It's been 5 days and still not changed... is this normal?
    Here's mine. It sat for a couple of days doing nothing so don't be worrying yet. As just discovered, you should copy the number and check the tracking on the GLS site, not AfterShip.

https://i.imgur.com/ssl16vC.jpg

My amp is here, it's out the box and it's on.
    It sounds fantastic! I few folk moaning about too much bass but to my ears (so far) it's spot on. I've only been messing with the presets on the amp itself but it does a killer Metallica hi gain which I am totally digging. It's got loads of bite and feels like it's got a noise gate or compressor built in? My thrash muting definitely sounds cleaner than through my THR10.
    I've snapped a string already so have to stop for a bit. I'll try the app and the extras later on.
    First impression? Brilliant!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @DiscoStu for your update. Yours moved from being entered into the GLS IT system to being handed over after a day. Mine's been sitting at being entered into the system for 5 days. Hopefully it'll sort itself out, will continue to wait. This is on GLS' tracking:

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    My amp is here, it's out the box and it's on.
    It sounds fantastic! I few folk moaning about too much bass but to my ears (so far) it's spot on. I've only been messing with the presets on the amp itself but it does a killer Metallica hi gain which I am totally digging. It's got loads of bite and feels like it's got a noise gate or compressor built in? My thrash muting definitely sounds cleaner than through my THR10.
    I've snapped a string already so have to stop for a bit. I'll try the app and the extras later on.
    First impression? Brilliant!
    I’m glad

part of me hate to see my single nitpick would cause you to cancel because it’s just a subjective feeling to the bass.

ps yes it has a noise gate and compressor built in.  The app allow you to take it out of the chain.
    edited August 2020
    I've played around with it a bit more. Some settings are a bit muddy but it's a whole lot easier to take bass out than it is to add it.
    Apparently a sock in the bass port sorts things out if it's a problem.

So... The app takes ages to connect and sometimes doesn't connect at all. Not sure what the fix is for that.
    Everything sounds very usable rather than the extreme wibbles you get with multifx, and the ToneCloud thing has already thrown up tones I wouldn't ordinarily dial in but have made me play something and isn't that the whole point of a creative tool, to make a creative spark? Aha, Spark!
    Not really getting the drum jam thing though which was partly why I wanted the amp. The patterns and bass lines don't seem to follow what I've played, no matter how simple I play. Riffs seem to totally throw it as does anything that isn't 4/4. No of course I can't expect the moon on a stick but at the moment it feels like a faulty gimmick. Boo.

But fuck me, the Justice-era Hetfield sound from the ToneCloud is worth the entrance fee alone!
    The connection every time you start it is annoying, can't say I have had problem actually connecting or stay connected once connection is made.  I have an iPhone XR. 
    I hadn't anticipated that ALL your phone comes through the amp when connected. Every email, every Facebook notification. Really annoying. I thought it would only transfer noises from the app itself.

edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    I hadn't anticipated that ALL your phone comes through the amp when connected. Every email, every Facebook notification. Really annoying. I thought it would only transfer noises from the app itself.

I think someone found a way to switch that off ?

I have my phone on silent so I haven't noticed yet the app still works/plays fine.
  • DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 892
    edited August 2020
    dazzajl said:
     I'll try again later but I think it may be time to stop being a miser and get a newer phone
    You can get a 7 or 8 inch android tablet from argos for around £40 I believe. Might be an easier solution 
    I could really do with upgrading my phone for various reasons apart from this (waterproofness is the main one), but otherwise (and certainly cost-wise) that's a good suggestion.  Although I can't imagine myself using a tablet for anything else, so if I bought one it would end up being purely a controller for the Spark.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    edited August 2020
    Ive saved some basic tones I use  to the top buttons  like a clean Blackface ,a  Gary Moore Marshall  overdrive ,and a Vox  AC on heat ,so far .Although I experiment I like some go to sounds to plug n play .Got to say it all sounds good to me with real depth and  kerrrrrpow
    I raised a support request this morning for them to look in to my order as the status hadn't changed from "The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS." in 6 days. Now when I try and track my order on the Positive Grid site using my order number and email address, it says "The data is invalid".

Not sure what's going on here but I'm not impressed. Why would my order number no longer exist.
  • switch625 said:
    I raised a support request this morning for them to look in to my order as the status hadn't changed from "The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS." in 6 days. Now when I try and track my order on the Positive Grid site using my order number and email address, it says "The data is invalid".

Not sure what's going on here but I'm not impressed. Why would my order number no longer exist.
    The same thing happens when I check my order on the positive grid website. I received a confirmation email, but that’s all so far. 
    Fingers crossed it’s nothing more than a technical glitch. 
  • I think mine only took five days from being "not yet handed over" to arriving here.  Hope yours are OK and it's just a tracking system cock-up @switch625 and @Bluesboy82 ;
    Just looked at their forum and they seem to be having all sorts of internet related problems, including the tracking. Sigh.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Strewth: these really are changing hands for sums > £300 on eBay. Younger generation - no patience. Is it time for my visitors?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoans said:
    Strewth: these really are changing hands for sums > £300 on eBay. Younger generation - no patience. Is it time for my visitors?
    It is surprising.  I could see the attraction if they were limited edition and couldn't be bought directly anymore, or if there was a REALLY long waiting list.  But mine was here within a month of me ordering it, which I really don't think is that bad.  But then everything used to be "allow 28 days for delivery" back in the day.

As you say, everybody has come to expect next-day (or even same-day) delivery now.

(I'm almost tempted to buy a couple more just to put straight on ebay as soon as they arrive ;) )
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Maybe people don’t realise how reasonably priced they are from source/are worried about import duties/VAT etc as they are unaware of the EU distribution :confounded: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Could be just that they did take ages to get their production up to speed at first, so people may not realise it's not taking six months any more.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2178
    edited September 2020
    I ordered one of these on the 23rd before the offer ran out. It is in shipped status as of today and is in Germany. 

How long does it typically take to ship from this point? 

Looks like the long lead times are sorted either way, and with the fall in the USD it worked out £202 inc tax which looks pretty good for what it does.