Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    rossi said:
    I have one still unopened  and decontaminating ..Do I need it really ?Getting old and not likely to play live for years as my wife probably wont let me ever again jab or no jab.Ho hum .
    I’ll take first dibs :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11894
    rossi said:
    I have one still unopened  and decontaminating ..Do I need it really ?Getting old and not likely to play live for years as my wife probably wont let me ever again jab or no jab.Ho hum .
    More the reason to keep it for home use?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 683
    Mine ships first half of august according to the new tracker. Come on!
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    Had some bother getting music to play through mine today. No idea why but took me 40 minutes to get it going. It seems that although you have to connect to it each time you turn it on, that only gets you as far as controlling tones/volume/presets and tone cloud. Playing music through it or using smart jam etc requires a second confirmation from your device (iphone XS Max in my case) that it is connected. Even then I had to force the phone to 'forget' a previous connection and reconnect it again. Frustrating. 
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Is the sound what you were expecting given it’s small size?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    DiscoStu said:
    LuttiS said:
    That's a crazy price! But they are amazing amps :)
    So the honeymoon is over and it's still love?
    Very much so, apart from using interface for recording and stuff it's the most used amp I have. My Kustom & Marshall have not been out of the cupboard since February. Saying that, it's also a guitar Interface and probably more up to date than the ux2 I'm using now.. 
    Definitely the most useful amp I own, and holds its own on sound. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5546
    LuttiS said:
    DiscoStu said:
    LuttiS said:
    Very much so, apart from using interface for recording and stuff it's the most used amp I have. My Kustom & Marshall have not been out of the cupboard since February. Saying that, it's also a guitar Interface and probably more up to date than the ux2 I'm using now.. 
    That's exactly how I feel about my THR10. My Blackstar HT Stage 60 hasn't been switched on in... years. No need for it, I'm only playing at home and the Yamaha does everything I need and is a cracking interface as well.
    Have you ever had a THR, @LuttiS

The Spark certainly has me sparked due to the in built backing option. That's a great feature.
    DiscoStu said:
    LuttiS said:
    DiscoStu said:
    LuttiS said:
    That's exactly how I feel about my THR10. My Blackstar HT Stage 60 hasn't been switched on in... years. No need for it, I'm only playing at home and the Yamaha does everything I need and is a cracking interface as well.
    Have you ever had a THR, @LuttiS

The Spark certainly has me sparked due to the in built backing option. That's a great feature.
    No I haven't tried one, I hear good things though. I think these type of amps have really hit a new level of sound that makes them so incredibly good. 
    Before a practice amp was just about being small and quiet more than actually sounding that good.. now you can have it all. 
    Preach!
    edited July 2020
    kaypeejay said:
    Is the sound what you were expecting given it’s small size?
    It's plenty loud. I want a bedroom/practice amp and it also goes low enough to serve that purpose well. My only slight niggle is that it's a touch bass heavy when playing audio through it, but it's practically a non issue. Shame there is no basic EQ function but perhaps a future app update could fix that. Tones are aplenty and sound more than good enough for my needs.
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    New & shiny technology finally won out and I ordered last night. Surprised to see dispatch is listed as being wc 17th August according to the tracker - was expecting a much longer wait
    aspnet said:
    New & shiny technology finally won out and I ordered last night. Surprised to see dispatch is listed as being wc 17th August according to the tracker - was expecting a much longer wait
    Good job :)

If you follow them on Facebook the latest round of ads are about how their production is up to speed and that they are getting tons out with each shipment.

aspnet said:
    I've heard stories of 4 week waits recently. I think they're finally catching up.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319
    Sparky said:
    aspnet said:
    I've heard stories of 4 week waits recently. I think they're finally catching up.
    Better than the 4mths my mate waited but worth it :)

I'm looking forward to some reviews from new owners
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    edited July 2020
    Well I unpacked mine and plugged in .At first listening and just using amp knobs and settings it sounds like better than the  THR  with more "umph ",I owned a10C for a couple of years Good sounds come out and app settings and jams etc are easy to work out .I love the overdrive amp settings and for me its a keeper.All  this is in 1/2 an hour of unboxing .l wasnt expecting a 200 quid miracle but it seems that way .Way loud enough to annoy the missus.I will get out my Gibson Midtown  and have  a rawk when she is doing the garden .All the testing  so far have been through a Tele with a strat neck pickup.money well spent .
    Just curious, and not a deal-breaker... does it run on batteries?
    No batteries .
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    I saw somewhere a photo of one connected up to a laptop battery! Can't remember where, but I always intended searching it out if I ever needed to try.
    edited July 2020
    It runs via a wall wart type thingy of19 volts  2.5 amps .
    Worth bearing mind that it is a very decent sounding bluetooth speaker on its own .