Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Sparky said:
    Schmo said:
    So what’s the all-in purchase price for one of these?

$224 + US sales tax converted into GBP (if that's where you live). I and others have paid no UK import duty or Royal Fail 'handling fees' as the units appear to have come from a fulfillment centre in Germany. 
    That means in 4 months, time we will have to pay VAT when it comes from Germany?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    Are you making a Brexit reference? I have no idea.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Sparky said:
    Schmo said:

$224 + US sales tax converted into GBP (if that's where you live). I and others have paid no UK import duty or Royal Fail 'handling fees' as the units appear to have come from a fulfillment centre in Germany. 
    Cheers-do you know what you paid then in GBP?
  • sxardsxard Frets: 36
    Schmo said:
    Sparky said:
    Schmo said:

I ordered one this week and it's 268.80 USD total converted into GBP, so final GBP price will depend on exchange rate and fees but for me was £206.54.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    sxard said:
    Schmo said:
    Sparky said:
    Schmo said:

I ordered one this week and it's 268.80 USD total converted into GBP, so final GBP price will depend on exchange rate and fees but for me was £206.54.
    Thanks, that’s roughly what I worked out from Sparky’s answer, but wondered why he didn’t just say in GBP!
    Sparky said:
    It’s a reality reference. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Sparky said:
    Brexit means brexit but we still have literally no idea what brexit means but we're getting it so yay
    Schmo said:
    sxard said:
    Schmo said:
    Sparky said:
    Schmo said:

Thanks, that’s roughly what I worked out from Sparky’s answer, but wondered why he didn’t just say in GBP!

See above. Exchange rates fluctuate so no point in me giving you the GBP. You could work it out for yourself.....

Sparky said:

Has our exit trade deal been finalised?
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited August 2020
    Sparky said:
    Sparky said:

Finalised or not, we will not be in the CU or Single Market so VAT (UK Rates) will apply. The current discussions are only on a basic Free Trade Agreement along with some arrangements on Fishing and co-operation on security and possibly agreement on "level playing field". What we can say for certain is that imports / exports to and from the EU will be very different compared to how they have been for many years.

Without Single Market in place - EU companies won't sell directly to UK consumers, it won't be worth the hassle from a warranty perspective for either side.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5509
    So a new Spark ad appeared on my Facebook today, the discount offer finishes on the 23rd of this month.

https://i.imgur.com/IdN6Qeu.jpg

• exocet said:
    Sparky said:
    Sparky said:

Finalised or not, we will not be in the CU or Single Market so VAT (UK Rates) will apply. The current discussions are only on a basic Free Trade Agreement along with some arrangements on Fishing and co-operation on security and possibly agreement on "level playing field". What we can say for certain is that imports / exports to and from the EU will be very different compared to how they have been for many years.

Without Single Market in place - EU companies won't sell directly to UK consumers, it won't be worth the hassle from a warranty perspective for either side.
    No thoman bargains 
  • exocet said:
    Sparky said:
    Sparky said:

No thoman bargains 
    Thomann have Bargains?!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocet said:
    Sparky said:
    Sparky said:

No thoman bargains 
    Thomann have Bargains?!
    Not so much nowadays but the Harley Benton SC custom with floyd rose is back , 
    plus they sometimes have interesting stuff I guess we will have to paying those bloody handling fees now as well as tax and import duty 
  • What's the consensus on the Spark? I've heard a lot of folk buying them but there is little feedback and what I  have heard is mixed. 
    What's the consensus on the Spark? I've heard a lot of folk buying them but there is little feedback and what I  have heard is mixed. 
    Amazing feature set for £200.  Useful practice tool, makes a great Bluetooth speaker.  Excellent built quality, solid and nice materials.  The app works great, a ton of options, nice backing track feature. 

If I am going to nitpick then the app needs to "connect" every time you start the app.  It's weird because my phone connects to my car in about a second when I start the engine.  Also the sound quality is not as good as the Yamaha THR10 and it is corded only, no battery option.
    It’s like a THR but better.

@RaymondLin said:

Also the sound quality is not as good as the Yamaha THR10.

Well that's a pisser. I ordered a Spark partly based on the first comment, and now am wondering if I did the right thing based on the second. I've already got a THR10 which I think it's amazing.
    edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    It’s like a THR but better.

@RaymondLin said:

Also the sound quality is not as good as the Yamaha THR10.

Well that's a pisser. I ordered a Spark partly based on the first comment, and now am wondering if I did the right thing based on the second. I've already got a THR10 which I think it's amazing.
    Well, it's not bad, it is better than the THR, if I am going to keep one, I would keep the Spark.  However the Spark, due to the cab design, it's more bassy, the THR is more hifi.  Depends what kind of sound you are after.  I think the Spark is a better product overall.   Like I said, I an nitpicking.  I am not going to say it is perfect.  I will say it is the best guitar gadget, gear, product I've ever bought (in terms of value for money). 
    I'm following the Spark mod page on Facebook and there's a lot of comments about the bassiness of it. Two solutions (short of a speaker swap) appear to be stuffing a sock in the bass port or raising the amp up off the floor or work surface. Angling it up off a table seems to help.
    edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm following the Spark mod page on Facebook and there's a lot of comments about the bassiness of it. Two solutions (short of a speaker swap) appear to be stuffing a sock in the bass port or raising the amp up off the floor or work surface. Angling it up off a table seems to help.
    It's not a big enough difference for me to mod it, but I just like to point it out that's all.  To be fair, I had it sitting on the leather sofa because that's how far i can reach from the plug where I had it.  So that didn't help the bass.